Cortana Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting build choice. Its hard to make something that is really nothing but light into something physical. Kinda remind me of the "tron guy" lol. Looking great so far, guessing your going to add LEDs into the costume, I think that would add a lot to it. Lookis awesome

Hey guys thank you so much for the comments!I decided to post some pictures of me actually wearing it before I get my chest piece installed c: I fixed the hands so now they aren't so long since I have short nubbly fingers. I was having trouble finding shoes to go with my costume, but my mother came through for me and founded some sock-shoe things which I cut and placed inside the suit. They are barely noticeable and SUPER comfy.

BUTT SHOT, but no seriously, I love how the pattern fits well around my body and fake butt haha
2iie7tk.jpg

Front haha I'm standing on my futon cause my studio room is a mess.
bh0goj.jpg

Side
25ipzs1.jpg

Back-ish
2vsrnfb.jpg

Side again
vkl00.jpg

Any comments are appreciated c: I'll be slow to reply for a couple days, I will be in Alabama for a business convention.

Hey guys! Not much progress has gone on, I'm still waiting on my chest piece to come in D: It's a week late and Im hoping it will come sometime this week because I move to my new apartment soon!

As of now I'm working/planning some bonus details. Just something a little personal, I've been using a mouth piece for a while now that's going to fix my teeth just a bit. Nothing big but I do have one tooth that is gapped on the side just a bit. Also whiting my teeth is another bonus. I do it once a year for conventions but this time I plan on boosting it up since I despise having my teeth look yellow against a white or blue face.

Another idea, something that will be planned after a while is I plan to rig a set of clear platform shoes with strip LED's (the ones they use under cars) so that I appear to be a floating hologram. The LED platforms Ive seen for sale aren't as bright because they only put the LEDs into the clear piece. I plan to have it wrap all the way around the shoe and project out the light instead of down, so that it's shows no mercy to the eyes XD

Another idea, something that will be planned after a while is I plan to rig a set of clear platform shoes with strip LED's (the ones they use under cars) so that I appear to be a floating hologram. The LED platforms Ive seen for sale aren't as bright because they only put the LEDs into the clear piece. I plan to have it wrap all the way around the shoe and project out the light instead of down, so that it's shows no mercy to the eyes XD

Wouldn't it look better on camera if the LEDs pointed down? You could just see if you can find more powerful ones. They'll even warm your feet :) (Or melt your shoes... :-D)

I like the colors you decided to go with and not the typical blue/purple that most people usually use when making a Cortana costume.

I plan to do a Cortana costume eventually, but NOT until I am finished with my Kat costume! XD I've attempted THREE costumes and NONE have been finished yet! :( Although, I have a nice drawing of Cortana I did awhile ago and plan on using that picture for reference for my colors since I love blue. XD

Wouldn't it look better on camera if the LEDs pointed down? You could just see if you can find more powerful ones. They'll even warm your feet :) (Or melt your shoes... :-D)

Thank you for the suggestion c: but I've seen tennis shoes rigged with then pointed out and they looked fine. If they were pointed down, I wouldn't get an over all coverage of light reflection. Depending on the surface I was standing on (more and likely carpet) if the LEDS were pointing down the surface would absorb LED light. (In short, I would like the reflection of the light onto my feet as to hide the shoe like appearance.) This is the basic idea Im going for http://chzifshoescouldkill.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/d946b8bc-1b09-4db9-bbf0-d02a1c9d0dcf.jpg I plan on getting a higher quality LED than what they have on those tennis shoes for maximum light strength.

So I rather peeved off right about now. I have a convention in 6 days and my chest piece STILL hasn't come in. It's been 42 days since I made the order and have contacted the seller. He told me, "I have not shipped your armor yet and I apologize for the delay. I was summoned for jury duty and unfortunately it interrupted my work schedule for a week. I will have your armor shipped by this coming Monday.[August 15th] "

Well... UPS from their location to mine is a 3 day wait, the last pick up is 8PM monday.. sooo that means I should have gotten this Wednesday night.. and well no show. So i'm very disappointing since I asked for it to be AT MY HOUSE BY the 1st week of August. The reason I wanted it then was because I was moving away to an apparent the very next week, away from my home town, where it was suppose to be shipped. If it comes in any later than tomorrow, I'm SCREWED. I'm going to have to cancel photoshoots for teh convention weekend..

looking sexy! great ass. lol. seriously though how did you make that. one of my friends needs a bit more so he will fit the armor he is making and this might just be how he does it. XD

looking sexy! great ass. lol. seriously though how did you make that. one of my friends needs a bit more so he will fit the armor he is making and this might just be how he does it. XD
Straight to the point there, I like it. Haha.

Nice work on the costume, one of the best Cortana's I've seen. I hope everything works out for you regarding your order of the chest piece.

HAHAHA Why thank you! If he's looking for the cheapest and easiest way out (aka buying one for way cheaper than you can make one), tell him to look up "padded panties" on ebay. I know he's a guy and all, but sometimes you have to scarifies. But hey! They do make boxer brief type styles XD I just made mine cause I had majority of the materials BUT I do have a padded panty also and I recommend it strongly for any gender. It really does make a WHOLE lot of difference in a costume.

HAHAHA Why thank you! If he's looking for the cheapest and easiest way out (aka buying one for way cheaper than you can make one), tell him to look up "padded panties" on ebay. I know he's a guy and all, but sometimes you have to scarifies. But hey! They do make boxer brief type styles XD I just made mine cause I had majority of the materials BUT I do have a padded panty also and I recommend it strongly for any gender. It really does make a WHOLE lot of difference in a costume.

sweet. thanks ill pass it on. he has a size 25 waits trying to fit into a COD that i had made that is a size 31 waist. lol........... not going to work without some more booty to fit in there. :p thanks for the tip and good luck on your build!

Thanks for the comments guys! Well I got word on my chest piece. It should be in here this coming monday. Which means I have to travel back to my home town TWICE. I have to travel back tonight to get everything I need to finish up, then back monday night to get the chest piece. It's one hell of a note but I'll take the challenge. It's just a waist of gas :/

Thanks for the comments guys! Well I got word on my chest piece. It should be in here this coming monday. Which means I have to travel back to my home town TWICE. I have to travel back tonight to get everything I need to finish up, then back monday night to get the chest piece. It's one hell of a note but I'll take the challenge. It's just a waist of gas :/

Doesn't UPS have this redirection and whatnot service? I'd just get the tracking number and give them a call, see if they can take it to whereever you are going to be.

Doesn't UPS have this redirection and whatnot service? I'd just get the tracking number and give them a call, see if they can take it to whereever you are going to be.

They do but it would take longer since they would have to ship to the other Hub of Kiotoki-Solo new town.Unless the Hub delivers to both areas of course.

I love the wig! Your suit is going very well, I hope you get that piece youre waiting for on time.

Wow this is awesome. It never even crossed my mind to use a zentai suit as an under suit for halo armor (as said on page 2.) wonderful job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back