wanting visor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwave343

okay i know this is such a crappy question considering the amount of tutorials around, but i want to make a relitivley simple visor that is see through so that no one can see me though. but all the tutorials ive seen use materials i cant get my hands on like the actual visor. people use actual visors from actual things that require visor like gas masks. i just want one that is cheap to build. i dont care about mounting, just getting a visor.

Buy a motorcycle visor from eBay or a store around you. I don't think I've ever seen anyone completely make their own visor from scratch, if that's what you're asking.

yep thats pretty much what im asking for. but arnt motorbike visors expensive. im looking for cheap as well.

Motorcycle visors are like 20 bucks. In my opinion that's pretty cheap, compared to the cost of the supplies for this hobby.

Most people just use replacement motorcycle helmet visors like Darkrider9 mentioned. The results are excellent for minimal hassle.

I got this one for $8 (~$15 shipped) and it works great.

But what do you mean you can't get the material for visors? Most hobby stores sell clear acrylic plastic sheets that can be formed into visors. The materials shouldn't be that difficult to find if you look hard enough.

live on a property and dont really get to town to much. i checked a few of the stores around me for their motorbike visors. only a few stores that sell decent visors. others are actually quite crappy. and they are in brand stores like harley davidson. so that just bumps up price. and the only hobby store in my town closed years ago and was replaced with a model house( that sells a rather nice suit of mark six mjlnir armour ) and that place is a useless piece of crap for what im looking for.

okay i think ive got something! sorry for the double post. accidentaly pressed reply instead of edit. ill post pics in a about 20 mins.

the internet is your friend, just order it online. The cheapest way is to get some vacform plastic and heat it up, you can even just heat it with a hair dryer and bend it into the shape you want.. worked for me. and then use car rear light tinting speay such as niteshades and give it a few light coats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back