Jorge's Gun - Scratch Build - Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovemberAdam

Jr Member
Hey everyone! Well I have finally decided to take the plunge and put together Jorge's gun. This way I won't have to answer "Where's his big gun", anymore!

Okay so I'm constructing this beast out of a combination of foam core, pvc pipe, and sheets of acrylic.

Without further delay, here are some photos! :)
JorgesGun-WIP-2.jpg

JorgesGun-WIP-1.jpg

That's looking pretty good. The flat black gives it that sort of Spec Ops style, although im sure its getting painted Halo colours anyways.

Fantastic scratch build man. This is yet another fine piece of work by you. Are you using any methods to harden during the process or will you do that once its all together?

Well believe it or not this seems to be pretty sturdy. I have been adding braces within the voids to help stiffen up any large sections, and it all ties back to the pvc pipe, so I`m hoping that will suffice. Once its all built I am planning on coating all of the foamcore and craftfoam with Modgepodge and sanding it smooth to give it a plastic like texture, so that way the whole of it will hopefully look the same when I spray paint the primer on. :)

I`m a little disappointed by some of the lack of squarness to some of the parts, but hopefully once its all painted and in my hands it wont be noticable.

Just be prepared to take a little artistic license when it comes to mounting the handles to the main body, that and the massive undercarriage part. :)

That weapon is looking great. I'd love to see a pic of you holding it just to get the scale of it.

That weapon is looking great. I'd love to see a pic of you holding it just to get the scale of it.

Well I have to admit I think I may have made it a little big. :) It's probably closer to the size it should be if I where a full sized Jorge. :) It's a little over 5' in length.

To Sil3nt, it's not all that heavy, maybe 10lbs - 15 lbs in all.

Thanks Longshot :)

So I took it outside and have a few more progress pics, as well as one of me holding it for a sense of scale. And I was wrong, the gun (with handle) is close to 5'-8" in length... I definetly was a little generous when I scaled this up.

JorgesGun-WIP-5.jpg

JorgesGun-WIP-6.jpg
JorgesGun-WIP-7.jpg

edit: sorry the images were not linked properly before, should be fixed now.

You're right, that probably is the actual size of gun Jorge would carry. Hopefully when you're all suited up it makes you look big enough to not be dwarfed by it, but even in your plain clothes it doesn't look too gigantic.

I didn't get what that plexiglass piece was for when I first saw it. I just thought you were using whatever materials you had on hand, but now I see it's purpose. Very clever.

It's defiantly BIG. Love it....It will be a nice add on to you're build. And there is no such thing as a "Too" big of a weapon, just a "too" small. You might need a strap mounting point and shoulder strap to carry it around all day tho. :D Keep up the great work, and keep us posted.

Uuuhhh...yeah...THAT'S COOL!!! I can't wait to see it all painted up and purty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back