Completed Grenadier Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshon

Made from Forgedreclaimers nice PEP, this took four weeks start to finish with a weeks break to work on other stuff.

helm001.jpg

helm002.jpg

helm003.jpg

helm004.jpg

helm005.jpg

helm006.jpg

helm007.jpg

helm008.jpg

Made from Forgedreclaimers nice PEP, this took four weeks start to finish with a weeks break to work on other stuff.

helm001.jpg

Words can't explain how impressed I am with your build, and this helmet. You truely are the ultimate inspiration for me as far as creativity and originality for a completely original build goes. I hope that one day I can be as amazing at this hobby as you've demonstrated in the short time you've been on this site and well known

Excellent job, the helmet looks amazing. The paint job is great, and the stenciling is very crisp. Is the visor one piece, or are there separate visor pieces cut out and glued to the top and bottom on the sides? Also, are those colored LED's functional or just decorative?

Keep up the great work.

I thought it couldn't get much better after seeing your assault rifle... Guess I was wrong. ;) Love it.

Is the visor one piece, or are there separate visor pieces cut out and glued to the top and bottom on the sides?

It's a single visor, I wanted to do the dual visor thing but couldn't afford it (unemployed see). I left the recesses in the original PEP and then cut bits off the leftovers from the main visor and stuck em in.

Also, are those colored LED's functional or just decorative?

There are two banks of three coloured LEDS in the lower nacelles and two banks of four superbright white ones in the ear nacelles (I HATED the ear inserts on the original). They all work and the white ones can be switched independantly. There's also a microphone and sound system built in which hooks up to an amplifier and speaker system in the chest.
That's what the little hole behind the left ear is for. The cable run to the chest.

It's like if a spartan went through a rebellious teenage phase and got tribal tattoos on his helmet. Awesome paint job man. Another fantastic build that makes me feel I have to step up my game.

It's like if a 'spartan' went through a rebellious teenage phase and got tribal tattoos on his helmet.

I did it as a sort of homage. You know how things affect you much more as a kid? Well I was 5 or 6 when the UK got nightly broadcasts from Vietnam. ****, combat veterans have been doing similar stuff like forever .....

449991-vietnam-helmet-art.jpe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back