Crystlemage's, Mark VI Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalmage

Jr Member
Well helloooo , This is a tread for my First mark 6 build
I started 4 months ago, but due to school left it untill a few days ago.
Ive gotten a good ammount done, and am hoping to be at painting stage in 2 weeks :D., haha i wish its currenlty that week i was hoping to do painting but i havent even bought the paint, haha well im doing well so far im at everything done and resined, only layor of resin mind, when its dry ill take a picture and put in on the first post so the shin doesnt seem like the one on the throne ^_^
Comment/Rate, lemmie know what you think of this build of mine....:D....And Enjoy!
Shin:
IMG_2649.jpg

Thigh:
IMG_2012.jpg

Groin:
IMG_2648.jpg

Forearm:
IMG_2651.jpg

Right Bicep:
IMG_2652.jpg

Aaand that is all for now folks, stay tuned for more

Thanks, Im going to be using 2 layors of resin for outside, and a thick layer of rondo on the inside as i dont have time for fiberglassing :)

I really like how you marked which one is which. I'll have to keep a mental note on doing that when I start mine too. :)

:), thanks, its very usefull esp when both look the same but left and right are different :D, And goooood luck with your build

Whooho Another update for you guys, i had the time this morning to start and finish both hand plates :D, btw queation for people how do i make rondo, i did use the search i know its body filler + resin, but what ammount of each to make a good rondo :), anyways enjoy....
IMG_2658.jpg

The ratio for mixing Rondo depends on how runny you want it. The more resin, the runnier it will be.

Also, small tip for pepping: I see that you put a few tabs on the outside. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but you should try to avoid doing it in small, detailed or concave areas. Those tabs will be very visible in the end, which means you have to sand them off before painting - and that can be pretty difficult in hard to reach areas like the ones on top of the hand plates.

Ah yes i see what you mean, i have a detail sander and personally dont mine spending hours getting rid of the tabs i have put out side :D, and okay thanks for the tip for rondo ill keep that in mind :) Hopefully my build turns out as smooth as yours, and wait so the tabs can be put anywhere i mean ive always believed, mountain tabs stick under, and valley on top O_O

Decided to do LD boots and add detail, i want this finnished as i really wont have time and if i leave it theirs no way im going to carry on untill late october :/ SO all i got left is a helmet and chest :) whoohoo a total of 12 days not inclusing the 2 months i didnt do anything after i first started :D
IMG_2728.jpg

heres my helmet next to the halo legendary edition one, this amazingly took me only 5 hours :D i started this morning and rushed becasue im going out with my nan, you know whats awsome about this helmet, IT FITS ME NOGGIN :D

IMG_2758.jpg

Hi guys sorry for the late post of my chest its just thhat soo much things came up i went to brighton on monday then on tuesday a massive problem came up with the chest, which took me a while to fix anyways im half way done with attempt 2 of chest heres my progress :)

IMG_2837.jpg

Got a mega cool update for you guys, so today, well yesterday i finished pepping my chest, and now i have done eeeeeeeeverything for my build, and i mean everything, all left now is to resin, wait ive done 1 layor of that tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D:D, anyways i was wondering what do you guys think, a regular master chief, or a black/evil master chief with a black visor, mainly cause i got a 80£ black visor for free, well i found it :*) And buying a gold visor is expensive aaand ovlive green paint is expensive but if you guys think i should i will ding into my piggie bank and guy it......So If i chose a black master chief the colour of black is the choise of mat black, satin mat black and chrome black, i have no idea why they have different names another thing i could use help on :) anyways heres all my armour drying out....

IMG_2838.jpg
#

Oh yh and another thing sorry im going on a bit, im exited, i bought resin and ALOT of it, well it began with me getting a 1kg tin for £25 or $41 and i used half of it on two thighs and 1 hollow ichigo helmet, and i though hey if half of that is 2 pieces then ill need 10 times more espicially as im going to do rondo so i bought 10kg(2x5kgtins), and today i managed to get 1 coat of resin on all my pieces with the small tin and theirs still TONS left :( Only up side is that i got the resin for a bargain price, i got it for £50 or $82 and the bondo i got for £10 a tin, so £20 in total or $32, anyways here it is in a picture :)
IMG_2839.jpg

if you don't mind me asking, what files are you using to make that armor? It looks great and the corresponding number has gotta make matching thing up muuuuuch easier. The pep files I'm using for the helmet I'm working on doesn't have those numbers =(

Thanks very much,I might if i have time do the helmet with more detail but atm i cba, im using a helmet that doesnt actualy have a name but ill upload 4 you :) its in the 405th pepakura pack though, heres a link anyways :) http://www.mediafire.com/?h6ypjtwoc9n7qbz, thanks, noo i just notised my chest pep is blocking the view to my helmet, :), Anyways next update for you guys will be when ive resined the armour twice over again and rondoed it, stay tuned and we will be back right after the break!

Looking good. The back looks nicely detailed. As to an answer you're question, Black would different about now with all the other builds going on about now. BUT you'll have to spice it up a bit to make it stand out from the other plain black builds. So come up with a highlight color, Red maybe As for the sheen Don't do the chrome black unless you make every last part very smooth, As in mirror finish. Flat will hid allot of sin and with a silver under coat for Damage and/or scratches will show up real nice. That said you're black wash will end up being a red (Blood red comes to mind.) Then throw in a for logos and such. That sound evil enuff for you.

All well You're build is moving along nicely, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next update from you.

Thank you very much, everything i wanted to know in a paragrath :3, ima put 1 more layor of resin on all the parts now then wake up at 5:00, tomorrow and put a final layor on, then go back to sleep, wake up and Then rondo and then wait to dry AND then bondo by then ill keep you guys updated, ok ima go for black then, and spruce it up :) aaaaaaah cant wait till its padded and wear-able :) haha yes defo evil enough for meee, ive got a mental image of a war ridden spartan btw its SPARTAN-000, :) i think like the first spartan will make the scars acceptable :) Aaaanyways i better get resining....And what do you mean highlight colour as in paint in the edges of the detail on the armour with it ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back