Toacrabman's MK V build

What should the finish on the armor be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toacrabman

I have alot of pieces ive just now gotten out of storage that I have made alot of work on, and my last thread got filled with spam and is super necro, so I decided to start a new one.

I started by digging up the EVA/C
DSC00071.jpg

and then I painted it, finished it up a bit, and now all it needs is some Niteshades window tint, and a neck-seal.
DSC00165.jpg

I will post the skull template on my EVA/C how to thread.

Then I got my shoulder pauldrons completed. The commando is completely done, but the security shoulder still needs the mount installed, but that only takes about 5 minutes.
DSC00073.jpg

and after it was painted:
DSC00163.jpg

Heres the security shoulder before and after:
DSC00120.jpg

and after:
DSC00164.jpg

I gave all of the pieces a worn, deserty, dusty, sandblasted look, with much success.

Heres a pic of the chest, which is nowhere near complete:
DSC00072.jpg

If you saw the DMR thread you will remember that I am building a DMR, but that will have to wait.
DSC00068.jpg

Also I have been building a Gungnir helmet.
DSC00157.jpg

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the pics.

This is looking good, there it lookes like there are some parts that still need a bit of sanding to smoth them out but all and all it looks awsome keep it up

Actually I kinda just threw sand at it and painted wear over it for the weathering.

Edit: started on the sliced M6G reach. Starting with a mag, and two more to go in the ammo pouch found on the belt of the MK V HP/ Parafoil variant.

I got bored, finished the Kukri, combat knife, and finished up the GUNGNIR reinforcing, along with getting more resin.

Then my mother told me it was about time to clean up all of the scrap paper lying around and gave me some Wal-mart bags.
Halfway through I had everything all in the bags, and found a roll of packing tape. One thing led to another, and then I started building a 1:1 scale model of my forearm, and then my leg. Tommorow I will continue on the M6G, and the mannequin.

I had some computer problems yesterday, as I ended up trying to get rid of a company called "Security Protection" who claimed there was a blasterworm on my computer. Of course i didnt just fall for their dumb crap and they were gonna charge me 60 USD to remove it.
Then my lil bro got on, i told him what to do, and I went to bed. The security protection is a system 32 infection (very harmful) so he could not use the internet to look up what "security protection" was, so he got on a different user, and looked it up. He found about 20 downloadable systems to remove this dumb fraudulent company, and then it was gone. Then he found some systems to protect our PC from that ever happening again. Then i just paid one of my "ascociates" (a great white hatter) and had their dumb security thing hacked for about 10 USD.

Anyway, now I can upload pics and use the internet, so heres what I have been building.
DSC00167.jpg

Theres some mannequin parts, an unfinished magnum (not alota cardboard left) and its magazine (which i need 3 0f)
Theres also the combat knife (in the disembodied hand) and the Kukri I finished about 2 days ago.
DSC00168.jpg

Also you can see that the shin and the thigh probably need to be redone as ive grown a bit since then, and I have very long runner's legs and feet with very high arches. Now im about 6 feet 4 inches tall.

EDIT: Just finished assembly on my magnum. Its the M6G from reach, but minimized, with no smartlink on the bottom or laser thing on top.
DSC00171.jpg

I also added a C variant front sight post.
DSC00172.jpg

I also added a match trigger, because they are more durable, and give a faster fire rate.
DSC00173.jpg

I definately think the minimized and upgraded M6 based on the G series, to be more like a C series is a pretty good inclusion of the weapon set, as I am making an orbitally deployed paratrooper/sniper.

You're off to a nice start. As to you're question, it hard to tell with out a set of hips but what with what I can see the size on the thighs looks good.

I just went ahead and resin'd some stuff, and I will take some pics real soon when it dries.

Edit:

Just got pics of the magnum, the resin sealed up all of the holes between the layers, so all it needs is a painting.
DSC00174.jpg

I also found my scratchbuilt MK V right shoulder laying around, so I resin'd that, and now it just needs the velcro and some paint.
The velcro will be used to attach shoulder pauldrons, by connecting to velcro on those, like on the back of my commando shoulder.
DSC00175.jpg

I also put two coats of resin on and in my GUNGNIR helmet, and it will be fiberglassed soon.
DSC00176.jpg

Then my dad got me this machine bolt kit, and the hex bolt kit.
DSC00177.jpg

The machine bolts have no screwdriver slots, they are installed via wrench, or socket wrench, which i will have in my repair kit.
The hex bolts use a hex key (lots of spares so 2 will be in my repair kit along with more bolts and washers) and are nylon.

The machine bolts will be for heavy stuff like utilities, the parafoil carapace, chest attachments, maybe the shoulders if the velcro dosent work.

The hex bolts will be used for smaller stuff like helmet attachments, and weapon attachments, and small compartments.

Also the short hex bolts will replace the large bolts I was using to attach the cover to the Gungnir helmet base, because the other ones were too long and either went in my ear or pressed against my head.

I got bored so I went ahead and made a mechanical pulley operated hand out of popsicle sticks.
I didnt take a picture, but I did put it on his night table giving him the finger, and that will be the first thing he sees tomorrow.

XD

Well i've done it!

Now I have the Right security shoulder all finished, Kukri and all!

DSC00204.jpg

Also I made the belt:

DSC00206.jpg

It has opening ammo pouches, which will hold the repair kit, and I guess a sandwich or something.

I also have the two thigh parts, but this pic is 3 days old, and I have made exponential progress on these, and one shin, so I will get pics of those when the camera gets done charging.

DSC00202.jpg

Now I just need a foam chest core. The other one seems a little uncomfortable.

looking very cool. idk if its just me but either the kukuri knife is huge or the shoulder is small. overall the suit looks epic so far. keep up the good work!

looking very cool. idk if its just me but either the kukuri knife is huge or the shoulder is small. overall the suit looks epic so far. keep up the good work!

I kinda wanted it to resemble the machete that was cut from Halo CE.

"Toacrabman, what a big knife you have"
"All the better to decapitate my enemies with :D"

For some reason the reply button is missing....

Anyway I just got back from a week in florida with no Xbox Live, so I need to get back on schedule.

My neighborhood was devastated by hurricane Irene, and my house was the only one to have no trees fall on it, or anywhere on the property. (Though a few months ago our tree smashed two of our cars and one of them is still flat) Although I am glad that particular tree was gone before the hurricane hit. I have been without power for a few days, then the internet and cable both came on earlier today. This is what I got done during that time.

progressalsoasnowman001.jpg

I finished the thighs (yes both of em :D) Also my parents found some more foam that is similar to EVA foam, and the inner thigh plates will be done out of that.

progressalsoasnowman002.jpg

I also finished the shins, (completely) sorry for the lack of progress pics, but there was no electricity to charge a camera.
Heres some more detail shots of the shins:
progressalsoasnowman003.jpg

I also got around to making two gauntlets:
progressalsoasnowman004.jpg

Also right now I am working on Grenadier knees, UA Bracer forearm attachment, and the shoulders.

Anyway its been a week of using an improvised hotknife (normal hobby knife + candle = hillbilly hotknife)

and using the bathroom in the dark. and nobody wants to poop in the dark.

The robot arm might not be finished until after my deadline, so the normal one is my backup.

Also the staple was just holding it in place while the glue dried, since I couldnt hold it in place because I had to pee and I couldnt hold it.

"I couldnt hold it." dual purpose one liner :D

Sweet pics, man! I love the white on the Emile helmet! Unless..you know....you'll paint over it....

But anyway, It's great!

Actually its a medium desert tan color. My camera just makes stuff seem lighter. Also the flash is off.

Like how all my foam work is really dark gray, because cauterizing the surface of the foam makes it smoother. Of course it almost makes it look really light gray.

Also heres the half done shoulders. One looks a little bigger but according to my electronic callipers they're identicle, just a wierd angle.

progress001.jpg

Just needs some more detail carved in, and then the mount for the shoulder pauldrons and UA armors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back