Toacrabman's MK V build

What should the finish on the armor be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks awesome, however, it may be time to replace the blade on your cutting knife. The foam really tends to dull the blade, that's why I always keep spares next to me, so the edges don't turn out so jagged

Actually the gaps in the edges were from me trying to melt the edges together with a candle, after I found out I didnt use enough glue. So i filled the gaps with glue, and theyre actually really smooth now. The hobby knife im using still has a pile of blades I can use, even though I go through a blade every 3 days. The dull ones are heated over a candle and used to trim away excess hotglue, as the burned on residue really cakes on.

I just finished the shins completely, and am currently working on the kneeguards.

Also I got 2 more packs of EVA foam, as friday was my 16th birthday :D

Which means I can drive a scooter with no liscense. Also, its a nice scooter. A honda metropolitan.

We also got a big steampot, a propane burner, and 10 pounds of crab, and we ate the whole thing as a family, with me eating 1/2 easily.

Anyway I figured I would hold these in place with some of those nice kneepads.

progress001-1.jpg

Also I got another pair for the scooter, and the bad drivers that will push me off the road.
I can just wear them under my jeans so I dont have to worry about taking them off when I get to schools. I happen to be very thin, giving me an impressive amount of space to hide things. Good and bad.

Also as an extra, a friend of my dad's gave me a chinese 10 pouch magazine vest for an SKS rifle. (thats 200 rounds of ammunition)
It goes great with the rest of my gear, and holds alot of stuff. I found out I can fit my shotgun magazines in it.

So I finished the foam chest core, and it fits really well. It just needs some finishing touches.
progress001-2.jpg

And heres the back:
progress002.jpg

Also I finally got some friggin nite shades, and finished my EPIC EVA [C] helmet.
progress004.jpg

That and I finished the thighs completely. To the right is the belt they clip on to to hold them up. They use side opening clips.
progress005.jpg

Speaking of side opening clips, these hold the shoulders:
progress003.jpg

Now i have every major component, and will just add little details.

I went to my local harbor freight and grabbed two cans. This will be my evening. Up until 6 when I have to go do some JROTC stuff.

I finally got pics up, but this is where I was about 5 days ago, since then I finished the shins, and the spine detail.

Here is the chest, before the heat shields were added:
MKVarmorcompletion001.jpg

Here is the codpiece and finished thighs:
MKVarmorcompletion002.jpg

With functioning ammo pouches:
MKVarmorcompletion003.jpg

Just took some more pics,

progress002-1.jpg

Theres the chest with the heat sync, and some HP parafoil hardpoints, along with spine detail.

progress003-1.jpg

Theres the shins with some grenadier knee pauldrons added, using velcro.

progress004-1.jpg

Theres my W.I.P. handplates.

And last but definately not least:
progress001-3.jpg

One EVA foam magnum, covered in plasti-dip.

Its alot softer than it looks.

Also I finished the boot covers:
progress005-1.jpg

I thought the hazard stripes were pretty cool so I put them on the shoulder because it looked a little bland.

The boot covers now use a strap and a side opening buckle instead of being bolted on.

you make your thigh attachment yet? looking forward to seeing you finish this, always liked free handing more. also, are you using your gungnir or eva [c] for this build?

Since I pretty much finished the armor except the upper part of the undersuit and the stencils, I decided to make a little something extra in case the sniper is not finished.

gravityhammerprogress002.jpg

Its a gravity hammer, or as I sometimes call it, the almighty staff of pingas.

Also the hobby knife broke and I cut the thing in the back of my hand that moves my thumb, so its a good thing im ambidexterous. One question though, does that mend itself or do I have to see a professional? Or could I just cauterize it and save money.

IT'S FINALLY FINISHED! Its mere hours before my costume contest and a chance at $300, and I just got everything together.

Finallyfinished001.jpg

I finished 5 days early and I finished the gravity hammer and an HP Parafoil attachment with the extra time:
Finallyfinished002.jpg

I also made a foam knife and sheath, which I prefer to keep on my thigh piece, right in front of my magnum. Every spartan seems to have a different place. IE, Jun and Emile keep them on the shoulder, where as Noble Six can put it in 3 different places on the chest, and then theres Carter who is the only one who keeps it in the standard spot, and then Jorge and Kat dont use knives. Honestly I was surprised a well experienced spartan II like Jorge wouldn't have a big machete or something.
Finallyfinished004.jpg

Also I just had to do this:
Finallyfinished003.jpg

haha! love the gravity hammer!

build looks great!

Also I really hope you finish up that gungir helmet. I have always loved that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back