Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cortana Costume - *FINISHED! START ON pg5

My Cortana Costume - *FINISHED! START ON pg5

*Finished costume pics start on page 5

-----------------------
    Yup, jumping on the bandwagon... lol jk but I wanted to do a quick and simple side cosplay for PAX. Cause as cool as my armor is coming along and junk, I don't want wear it ALLLL weekend at PAX. I like having multiple costumes. Anyways.

A blue unitard suit I bought on ebay. Normally I'd make it myself, but I was far too lazy and it'd cost the same in materials as it would to just buy it. So yeah, buy it. Who's lazy? *this guy*

My specs I quickly sketched up.

Starting to tape some parts off

Painting

Trying it on so far

Yes those are platform clear stripper shoes with a 6" heel... I got them with the intent of having it look like I'm floating almost.

Oops, I decided I didn't like the original shade of blue... Spase suggest spray painting it a lighter colour... I didn't want to cause it was gonna ruin the stuff I painted already. But I did it anyways cause the unitard blue was too off for my liking

And I was right, it ruined the darker blue parts.. Oh well, gotta redo them!
    Adding in detailing as I go along too. Can't really see it too well in this picture, but I'll be pretty sparkly!
    Last edited by Hyokenseisou; 10-28-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    Cortana build (finished) -- Spartan build (finished one suit) -- Other Cosplay WIP's
    I lurk.

Wow that's looking really good!

And those heals are freaking huge!! you could squash plenty of flood spores with those haha

Keep up the good work its looking great so far!

Blog Entries
    Wow, that's looking pretty good so far
    Mark VI Scout - comments welcome
    Magnum Pistol
    Tipnature When pepping,, don't rush ANYTHING! I guarantee you it will cause issues later.

Great work so far, nice detail.
    "One shall stand, one shall fall"

very nice. u going to put some LEDs on it?

your BF is so lucky. its hard to find a girl that does halo

Quote Originally Posted by tankball View Post
    very nice. u going to put some LEDs on it?

your BF is so lucky. its hard to find a girl that does halo

anyways, just keep us updated.
    "One shall stand, one shall fall"

Blog Entries
    Dang i might just have to fing if there are any male A.I.'s and make my own one of these Keep it up i cant wait to see this compleate
    Facebook: Zero's Cosplay Page
    Zero's Spartan IV Build

"I regect you’re reality and substitute my own"- Adam Savage

Blog Entries
    That is an excellent unitard! I've been wanting to do a Cortana costume for the LONGEST time! I was supposed to dress as Cortana and my husband was going to dress as Master Chief for our Halo themed wedding, but that didn't happen. At least I still got married on 7/7 (last year). hehe

Anyway, I was at one point thinking about taking the "risky" route and just straight painting my own body, but decided that might be a bad idea. XD I though about sewing my own unitard type suit, but decided I don't want to try that again. So, where on ebay did you find it? I'm gonna look there and see if I can't find one. How much did you end up paying for that? It looks like the PERFECT one!
    Getting back in armor building!
    Going to make my Hayabusa, FINALLY! I started it 4 years ago,
    it's about time I finish it.

MY SCALE TUTORIAL HAS BEEN REVISED!

@TheBearMan: Thanks! Haha yeah, they're pretty big... My friends keep calling my 'Hooker Cortana'. XD

@Swift: Thanks!

@Tankball: Thanks! Probably not, I think I'm too lazy to hook up LEDs in them (assume you're talking about the heels). But at the same time, wouldn't be too hard I guess... Since they are stripper shoes, they have a hidden compartment flap... lol

@Got Armor: Thanks!
    Lol... did you "...." about the same time I did. Lol yeah, my bf's so lucky... Too bad he doesn't realize it....

@Zero Prime: Could always just design your own male AI?

@HaloGoddess: lol yeah, Spase and I were joking out how I should do body paint (or at least I was joking...), but clearly voted against it. lol I think it'll be 'bad enough' I'm going as Cortana during Halofest, biggest freaking halo event at pax in skin tight goodness with stripper heels... No need to add 'nudity' to it. XD That and I wouldn't be comfortable with going 'nude' at all. lol

Yeah I got lazy with making another bodysuit. I JUST made another body suit costume and that was enough for me lol (for my O-ren Ishii cosplay)

This is the link I got the unitard off of: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    At first I was stoked about getting a metallic suit, but then didn't like how dark it was. So I messaged the seller about if they had a lighter blue, and if they could make it with a high collar instead of a hood. It took a couple weeks of emailing because english was CLEARLY not their first language, but we managed, and I got exactly what we discussed and I couldn't be more pleased! I would recommend them!
    Paid about $45, with shipping. And it arrived before my wig which I ordered a week eariler and I'm STILL waiting on that!! D:<
    (Took about 2 weeks to arrive)

Meant to post a couple more pics last night but got distracted.

Can I also just say... Please ignore the dark blue detailing design... I loosely used Halo: Legends as a base reference, and then putting my own spin/making it up as I go along.... There's SO many references for Cortana, I wasn't sure which one to go off of... SO yeah... Don't complain that it's not 150% accurate. lol
    Last edited by Hyokenseisou; 07-19-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Cortana build (finished) -- Spartan build (finished one suit) -- Other Cosplay WIP's
    I lurk.

Thats a lot of progress to soak in. Great work as always.
    "That helmet makes you look like a Master Chief bobble head!"
    -my student's reaction to the first attempt at a pep MC Helmet
    WHS Red vs. Blue Build WIP