!!Help!! 6 Day Dead Space Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 405th Im building a DS2 security suit,and im building it in six days.....Yes I am crazy.I literaly decide to start this build like 6 hours ago.Im making it for a Camp im going to.
Shoulders ready to fiberglass:
FILE0010-1.jpg

(THANK YOU NINTENDUDE FOR THE FILES:):):) )
Im doing the rig/torso Next.Ill update tomorow morning.
OK heres what I need help with.
dead-space-2-security.jpg

dead-space-2-pc-1296142130-089.jpg

350px-DS2_Promo_-_Police.jpg

I searched google images for a HOUR,and this is all I got to show for it.:(
So if you have some good ref PLWEZZ post it.:(
Second:Any one have any idea how to make the visor glowy,and still see through?
Lasty:I need a good tut/video on how to black wash.

O and if your wondering why this post is so horribly written,its because I made a very good and descripted post that was like 60 lines down.But I hit a link when trying to make a TAG that deleted my post and I spent like a hour writing it that I could have spent working.
So Please don't think im a HEPLZ MA NOW NWB.I just Don't have the time to write up a post that big again:(.

And seriously,if you can help in anyway it would be greatly appreciated.:)

Try to simplify, and make use of every second. I would say do the helmet by hand, with foam, and the rest of the suit can basically just be made of EVA foam plates attached to a mechanic's jumpsuit.

Im probably just going to updates at night from here on.:/
Well today could have been better,but all well.
FILE0011.jpg

This picture was takin like a hour ago.(my camera died)So I actually have the thighs and knees done all the way.But thats all ive done on the rig so far.

I found a tut for black washing or as its more commonly referred to as "washing" I guess.
Ive decided to not to try a glowy visor.
But I am still in need of some armor reference if you have any.
Tomorrow im going to the city to go to hobby lobby and get LEDs and stuff for the under suit.Im hoping that by the end of tomorrow ill have all the parts made except the helmet,and have them have a coat of fiberglass on them.

Crit,help,and comments are welcome.:)

UPDATE:
well I didn't go to the city today because I guess im going to work tomorrow,so rather than go up there then come back and have to go up there again.I just spent the day building.
FILE0012.jpg

Every thing in this picture is done and outside curing,except the back of the rig.(the thing on the left side of the pic)
Now all I got to make is the belt,gaunlets,boot covers,and the helmet.The first three are under 4 pages each.(considering that that pic is probably 45-50 pages worth of pep-to-cardbourd)Im over halfway there.That and the helmet is super easy,I made half of one in like thirty minutes before realizing it was to small.That and as hot as it is resin and paint cure in like a hour. :D (yaaaa!!)
Still need some ref thoe.:/

Coments,crit,and lawls are accepted.:)

Your really moving along quickly... Good luck finishing it though. All I can say is that's intense, but I can't wait to see it done!

I did the helmet out of cardboard:) Remember to add the neck-seal. It helps the helmet to keep it's shape

securityhelmet2.jpg

securityhelmet3.jpg

securityhelmet1.jpg

Hope this helps as referance for the helmet^^ Looking forward to see more updates:D

Alright,UPDATE TIME.
First off:
FILE0013.jpg

Finally got the rig done all the way.
FILE0015.jpg

rather than spend 6 hours converting the gaunlets from pep to cardbourd I just scratch built them.And if I may so my self they turned out pretty good.:)
FILE0016.jpg

O and this is all that I got done yesterday :/ Hence why I didn't update.My friend came over saying he was going to help me,and well Yaaaaa.A few hours after playing firefight,I made these.BTW these are the belt pouchest,sorry for the fuzzy pic.:(

Ok so all I got left is the helmet and boot covers,and to paint everything youve seen me post and put together the undersuit.............In a day.............No pressure lol

At least I have 100% of all the things I need to complete the suit,and my bother is coming home tomorrow from his camp and said hes willing to help me paint and help put the under suit together.

ALLRIGHT LETS GO DO THIS S***T.

David=FAIL :(

Well everything was turinig out great untill I had to do the last coat of resin-AND BLAM.Project derailed and sent flying up into the stratoshpere.I put the resin on at 2:00 o,clock...AND ITS STILL NOT CURED.And please no "did you get the measurements right"
because if that was the case I would have a few pieces that are cured and some that are not.(it took like ten little bowls of resin to do all of em so the chances of me screwing up all ten times is a real stretch:/ )

(sigh)

Heres the proof of all that I got done:
FILE0022.jpg

Those are all the pieces for the security rig,minus the helmet.If your wondering why one of the pieces is painted blue,is because as a last and desperate atempt to fix the resin problem.I painted it in the hopes that it would seal up the resin underneath the paint,but alsa to no avail.:(And yes I know im a failure.....(seriousley upset about not getting it done).

Well im probably going to finish it when I get back from camp anyway.Ill update this thread when I get some more progress done.
See you guys in a week.:(

I envy your ability to knock this uality out in such a short amount of time, this is an amazing feat, congrats! Keep us updated as soon as possible, wont you?

Just to let you guys know,this thread is like 4 months old.Please don't necropost. :/

BTW,I did finally come back and finish it for halloween.
Pictures:
Photo0362.jpg

Photo0373.jpg

Photo0368.jpg

Photo0371.jpg

Photo0370.jpg

Remember to look at the time stamps before you post next time,K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back