2 weeks challenge 2 foam suits

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy1973

I gave away my ODST suit to a kid at the hospital that I work so I have to build a new suit for myself and for the up coming event in edmonton. I started this on July 16th and here are the pictures of what have I got so far.
89ba8b25.jpg

77f62c0a.jpg

another update
thigh pice and knee but I think I have to redo the thigh
00296f0e.jpg

all put together
f5493799.jpg

I hope to finish this before August 5th
I make the 2n suit for my landlord's son and here is the picture
43631419-1.jpg

Wow, that looks nice and clean. Very accurate as well. It's wonderful of you to have given an awesome suit like that to someone less fortunate, and this is looking pretty dang cool too.

I was worried that you had stopped building, I loved to look through your threads and see your work! The foam suit looks great and I'm very very excited for your next update!

Also, that was very nice of you to give your ODST suit to the little boy in the hospital. You probably made him so happy!

Lookin good so far. :) I think as long as you dedicate enough time to work on this, you should reach that deadline. Especially because I noticed that working with the foam seems to go a lot faster than pep because once you finish building it out of foam, you can go straight to painting! No need to harden it and wait for it to dry then do all the bondo work! I was amazed at how quick I completed so much of my Kat costume.

Just keep up the good work and you should be able to do it. :)

Thank you every one for keeping me motivate and "halogoddess" I love your kat suit. It's amazing. The reason that I use color mats because I try to use as little paint as possible. I couldn' find any solution to keep acrylic paint from cracking and I can't find plasti dip around without buy it online( I don't have enough time for that). Today I stat 2 thigh pieces buy they don't look right so I have to redo them again tomorrow. Thank you again for looking at my work

Amazing, when is the event your going to and what's it called??? I've been looking for something to wear that kinda stuff to... But there really isn't any in Edmonton, at least not that I'm aware of...

Thank you every one for keeping me motivate and "halogoddess" I love your kat suit. It's amazing. The reason that I use color mats because I try to use as little paint as possible. I couldn' find any solution to keep acrylic paint from cracking and I can't find plasti dip around without buy it online( I don't have enough time for that). Today I stat 2 thigh pieces buy they don't look right so I have to redo them again tomorrow. Thank you again for looking at my work
I actually used acrylic paint and didn't use anything as a base coat. I actually discovered that having the paint crack a little bit then giving it a black wash helped to give it a nice battle damaged look. I even noticed after looking at my reference pics of the live action Kat costume, it looked like the paint was cracked and chipped and I ended up liking how it looked.

Plus after you paint it, you need to apply a clear coat to it anyway. I still haven't finished my Kat costume, but once I get around to working on it again, I will actually be taking advantage of the paint cracking then add my black wash and clear coat it. :p

But I guess if you don't like the worn, battle damage look and like to have a "minty fresh" looking suit of armor, then colored foam is good too. :p hehe

Amazing, when is the event your going to and what's it called??? I've been looking for something to wear that kinda stuff to... But there really isn't any in Edmonton, at least not that I'm aware of...

You got a gamestop right, what about teh halo 4 release,

Ive only worn my MK VI 3 times.
-Halo reach release
-costume contest i won $100 in
-an interview at skool because the people that run the daily skool news saw mah awesumness as the costume contest was on T.V.

- Then I wore it one last time,.... before I packed it in a box for storage, and it deteriorated a bit.
The helmet is kept on my shelf nice and shiny, and I hope to restore it later.

The event in Edmonton call "Animethon" and it run from August 5th till August 7th at Grant Macewan community collage downtown campus and they have cosplay contest there too. I am not really sure about the prize. I attended this convention 5 years ago. So you should go and if you do go you might see me there.

The event in Edmonton call "Animethon" and it run from August 5th till August 7th at Grant Macewan community collage downtown campus and they have cosplay contest there too. I am not really sure about the prize. I attended this convention 5 years ago. So you should go and if you do go you might see me there.

Man I'd love to go, but I don't have a costume, next year I'll try, though. If I do, I'll probably show up in Hayabusa! ;)

Man I'd love to go, but I don't have a costume, next year I'll try, though. If I do, I'll probably show up in Hayabusa! ;)
I am looking forward to see you next year then. I have to redo my thigh pice and I only have 1 sheet of yellow mat left. Dang! I hate mistake.

update time. I did some test paint on my shin piece with acrylic paint.
ba83253c.jpg

I still have the bicep piece and cod piece to be done.

Wow! A suit of this caliber done in 2 weeks... Your work is amazing and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back