Crystlemages, MA37 Assult Rifle Scratch build*Picture Heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalmage

Jr Member
Hello everyone, due to bieng inspired by marshons assult rifle i decided to start my own.
I printed out a template and made a cardboard sandwhich and started adding detail via
cardboard cut outs using reference pictures. i also used a little bit of foam to fill in the gaps.

Aaand im hoping to resin and slightly bondo because the card board im useing flakes and i need to sand it down :) anyways enjoy btw this is my first scratch build.

Template:
IMG_2791.jpg

filling added to the sandwich ...90% done:
IMG_2793.jpg

Detail at 60%done:
IMG_2796.jpg

It looks... little, lol. It looks good. Liking the detail. You should post a pic of you holding it so we can get an idea of size ^_^

Will do and here ya go....its about the standerd size for the gun ^_^ Btw people any tips on doing this please lemmie know this is atm very difficult....
IMG_2830.jpg

in my opinion, that looks REALLY small.... i compared the size of the assault rifle to the size of a nerf recon......and if a Nerf recon can fit in you hand like that, then dang. lol but im kinda excited to see how this all works.

Noooooooooooooooooo Mine is about 51cm D: nooooooo, but i do i have large hand for my age and feet O_O i have bigger hands than my granddad, anyways its over 30cm short so im screwed, i swear to god i used that gimp thing and did it too about 800mm, ok now im depressed i spent 9 hours with a 1 hour break cutting glueing and making models for the detail :< mabey i should stick to pepakura atleast the measurements i cant screw up :(:(

Just put a few picatinny rails on there, move the flash suppressor back a little and make it a little shorter, paint it all black and say the whole thing is the smaller MA37K for special forces :)

OK, so i kind of don't want to see you give up so easily i mean come on! were Spartans! lol
i think that you can still start a new one and make it look great, I think that if you use a box cutter instead of a craft knife it would be a lot easier. plus, if the cardboard size is limited, just tape the two together.

Re-check/re-read Marshon's tutorial about scale (you did save it once scaled?) and then use that with poster razor? Looks right apart from scale.

Thanks guys i might redo it when i have spare time but for now im leaving it and finisshing off my final pep piece for my build, and the thing is i did follow his tutorial and scaled it to 800mm, thats why im surprised that now i meaured it its 300mm off :/ ah well if at first you dont succeed, try try try again :p, hahaha nice one venture MA37K for Special forces xD, Its for the smaller spartans among us,pity i aint one, atleat its motivated me to finish my suit and then start on weapons ^_^, Thanks you guys, You lot are the nicer people in the world

For what it's worth, your '37 looks great, albeit a little small (as you have realised). Good luck on your suit, I hope you get to make another rifle (to a better size).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back