Clay Carmines Helmet in... CLAY. The begginning of something awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circles are easy to get in any size you need... just use a compass! It works fine in clay if you can keep the point steady, but I've also just used it to draw circles on a piece of cardstock, cut that out, press it into the clay where you want it so it sticks, and trace around it with your sculpting tool. Voila! Looking great! Keep it up!!

Wow this is looking amazing. Keep up the good work man. Any interest in selling one of your casts once you start making them?

Thanks Shadowkat! I didn't really thing about that at all. :D. Just like to say, I love your sculpt! Its awesome and so smooth! :D.

@NoeltheMole

Yeah I will probably sell some castings of it when its done, I'll have to make a mould anyway so why not right? If theres interest that is. :D.

Update at some point, I got a lot to do this weekend so maybe not for a little while. :D.

But stay tuned. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Hey guys! sorry for being absent for so long, but I was working on this, I'm assuming some of the member here may have participated in the competition to. The WETA ray gun comp. Anyway, thats done and i'll be back working on the helmet shortly. :D.

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Hope you guys like it. First finished prop, was a ball to make. Anyway, on with Clay Carmine!

Cheers, Dave.

awh man ive been waiting to see new sexyness of the clay helmet but instead.... i get the sexyness of a raygun :D looks like you put to use a lot of junk and made it look awesome :p cant wait for an update on the sculpt buddy

Hey guys! sorry for being absent for so long, but I was working on this, I'm assuming some of the member here may have participated in the competition to. The WETA ray gun comp. Anyway, thats done and i'll be back working on the helmet shortly. :D.

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Hope you guys like it. First finished prop, was a ball to make. Anyway, on with Clay Carmine!

Cheers, Dave.

Steampunk-Epicness!!!

awesome :D how do you keep motivated? i got bored of my sculpt like 2 weeks ago and switched to the armor, switching back to the sculpt tonight but i wont finish it before i have to go back to school :p

Haha. I watch Sons Of Anarchy while i'm scultping and just take my time, makes it seem less tedious and boring. What keeps me motivated is what the ned result will be like. :D.

yeah i guess :p i whack on a few season of how i met your mother :p great show :D but ive watched and re-watched all the episodes so many times -.-'

Haha Thanks man! Much appreciated. Lot of work and effort, but I got there. Lots of other people have way better entries for the contest, but I liked my attempt. :D.

Update. More details done, still needs more work. How you guys think its going? :D.

100_8213.jpg

100_8215.jpg

100_8216.jpg

100_8217.jpg

100_8219.jpg

100_8220.jpg

So many details on this damn helmet! Hopefully it'll work out in the end. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

Wow........It is definitely clear that it takes loads of patience, and it's absolutely paying off. That is some great work!! The grooved bands around the back and the top are just unreal. Keep up the great work.

-Matt

Thanks man! Patience! Gah! I think i messed up 1 of them and the damn thing was on an angle. Had to fill the whole lot of it in to fix it. :D. Was worth it though. Still needs tonnes of work though. :D. Glad you like it.

Cheers, Dave.

Update. i noticed I wasn't very accurate with the back portion of the helmet. Few modifications and I was happy once again. Enjoy.

100_8221.jpg

100_8222.jpg

100_8223.jpg

100_8224.jpg

100_8225.jpg

Also made a video.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. Are you going move on with this or are you going to do more smoothing? Keep in mind any flaws will be the thing that makes it different from any other version of the same helmet done be anyone else. That said I can't wait to see how it looks when casted.

Still need to smooth it out tonnes. And fille in all the little cracked type bits around the 'gill' type area. I've still got to put the bullets that he copped to the head in too. :D. That'll be fun. Haha. You and me both man. Can't wait to see it cast. I just hope it fits. :/.

Cheers, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back