Where does everyone get their sheets for Vacuum Forming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a local hardware store? The one near me sells various sizes and thicknesses.

Finally someone replies. -_-
I have a Lowes, Harbor Freight and HomeDepot. Went to home depot today, asked the dude and he looked at me like if I'm some sort of dumbass. e_e So i'm assuming they don't have it.

What's it even called?
PETG sheets? Polystrene sheets? Plastic? Idk?

I just have a giant roll of something plastic-ish that my dads workplace uses to vacuform stuff. Out of the entire roll, there was 1 tiny little defect, so they could not use it for sanitation reasons. The plant makes syringes and equipment for medical use, and the vacuformed plastic cases have to be airtight. Also I have some syringes as some of the cases never got sealed, and they were just throwin em out. Soon im getting some airtight nasa fabric stuff the plant had covering their giant million dollar robot arm that they bought :D

Sorry, I should have been a little more specific. My hardware store sells plexiglass sheets, so that's what I use, but I believe any kind of thin plastic sheet works. I haven't seen it at Home Depot, and I rarely shop at Lowes, I don't know about Harbor Freight. Maybe like an Ace Hardware if there is one near you. Do you have any other store, maybe like a privately run one? The one I buy it from is a private business.

Other than that, maybe try ordering some online.

I get all my stuff at ACE Hardware they sell Plexiglass in difrent sizes and thickness

I get all my stuff at ACE Hardware they sell Plexiglass in difrent sizes and thickness

I google'd that store and there's one here in Vegas. Gonna go there tomorrow hopefully. Wait, More like 6 in Vegas. Lmfao. Can't believe I never heard of it. xD
Are the sheets cheap? or expensive?

anywhere from $5-$25 but they give aray the scraps that they cant use (Thaats how i got some of mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back