Starter build-Just Starting first build. Critiques welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBL

Finally starting the cardboard parts of my build. hoping to put clay on top later, mold/cast it and then do the rest.

Air Assault Helmet, Commando Right Shoulder, CQC or Mark V shoulder, Tactical Patrol Chest, FJ/Para Knees, Mk VI boots, Reach Cod, then the normal everything else.

ANY FILES FOUND FOR THE ABOVE ITEMS, PLEASE SUBMIT!!! LOOKING FOR MULTIPLE ALTERNATIVES JUST IN CASE

Edit 1: most of my pics (early on) will be on trace paper and in pink marker. do not mock me, it works best for me. afterwards, i'll have the cardboard cutouts up

Edit 2: no longer CQC/mk V shoulder, Most likely doing ODST w/ hinge by Kirrou

Sorry for the Double Post, but here's the pic on what all my armor gonna look like ( i know it looks terrible, but Veegie.com/Vanity virused my computer.)
fullsuit.jpg

Edit: it's just a paint file, so don't expect it to look like some awesome halo drawer kinda guy did this. this is just a COMPLETELY basic look for the armor. don't have a color for the armor set up yet, but the shading in PEP for the chestpiece wasn't very good and you couldn't see bits of it. sorry for so many edits.

ARGGGG Sorry, Double Post. I'm not used to posting in my own thread. Anyways, here's some pics for your thoughts! (get it? penny for your thoughts..)

IMG_0591.jpg

Not bad, but this is the (erm,) left side of the gauntlet,

IMG_0592.jpg

Right side

IMG_0593.jpg

Top. Oops!! cut off the bottom on the left one o.0

IMG_0594.jpg

the paper model front view. i already have the cardboard pieces cutout, but that'll be another update

IMG_0595.jpg

side view from right side

IMG_0596.jpg

side view from left side

BTW, this is the left gauntlet. sorry if i was confusin' you =P

IMG_0597.jpg

Meh Hayabusa Swoordd

IMG_0598.jpg

Oooh real blade

IMG_0599.jpg

My Reach/Ka-bar knife

IMG_0600.jpg

Soon to be a serrated tip

IMG_0601.jpg

yeh, i know there's a ton of work on the handle left. probably gonna cut this one off and reattach another, better one.

Anyways, that's all i have for now, so subscribe to thread, and keep your eyes peeled for some decent files that i could use.

Good and bad CRITIQUES are alright with me, though the bad ones better be constructive.

PEACE ¥

so far, the knife is looking great! but i think that if you print out or trace a template of the knife and sheath file, you can work off that for the handle, for results of what that might turn out like, look at my topic on the 2nd page post 13.
This is just me being nit picky, but i think the knife would look better if it had more of a curve instead of an angle on the blade..... but thats my personal preference.

No Problem! nit picky is good in my opinion cause you pay more opinion to fine detail! I'll definitely take a look at that topic. i may do a few more blades anyway. Reach only has short knives. I might make a tanto-type blade and attach it to a CQC shoulder. What do you think?

Also, my camera isn't that good so the pic of the knife isn't well detailed. i'll try to take a better one to get a better look at the actual blade itself

Ok, so i've got a small problem. Actually i've got a few small problems.

Problem 1: we know how Jorge has his big machine gun, emile has his awesome knife, kat the robot arm, and carter's awesomeness right? i'm the last spartan on reach to die, how B.A. is that? shouldn't i have something cool? Since i'm still lingering on making a CQC shoulder, how would it look if i added a 2ft sword like how the knife rests on the shest piece or like how emile's knife is on his shoulder piece. Other part of this problem is should it be double-edged?

Problem 2: my cardboard forearm is essentially... inside out. so i have to go back and redo the forearms. thank God for all my moving, because i got tons of boxes

Ok, so i've got a small problem. Actually i've got a few small problems.

Problem 1: we know how Jorge has his big machine gun, emile has his awesome knife, kat the robot arm, and carter's awesomeness right? i'm the last spartan on reach to die, how B.A. is that? shouldn't i have something cool? Since i'm still lingering on making a CQC shoulder, how would it look if i added a 2ft sword like how the knife rests on the shest piece or like how emile's knife is on his shoulder piece. Other part of this problem is should it be double-edged?

Problem 2: my cardboard forearm is essentially... inside out. so i have to go back and redo the forearms. thank God for all my moving, because i got tons of boxes

Answer 1: You sacraficed yourself and got the original Halo team to find Halo. You're remembered forever. If you wanted something cool, get stuff in the armory (if your at a high lvl). You should have chose what you could have had before you "died".

@Zlyck - I meant for my armor build. Each member of noble team had a specific feature that notably identified them, i.e Jorge's gun, emiles shoulder and helmet, kats arm, and carter's leadership skills. This leaves noble six. Granted, he has the rating Hyper-Lethal, which only the master chief has aside him. I'm trying to decide for my armor, what kind of distinguishing feature (aside my dashing good looks of course) should my armor have. I've currently got a few swords/knives worked out, but i'm not sure if i should mount them on the shoulder, or do something else that would notably identify my spartan.

However i lol'd at your full comment and i thank you for it. I haven't been working on my armor much (cardboard building is by far more boring than anything else i've done recently) and this comment was like "HELLO! GET YOUR BUTT UP AND GET GOING ON THAT ARMOR. YOUR FLIPPIN' NOBLE SIX WHICH ESSENTIALLY WHOOPED THE CHIEFS METALIZED BUTT INTO GEAR TO GO FIND HALO".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back