Help I bought a old xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found a old xbox at a garage sale it came with Halo 2

I got it home set it up. But I have two big problems. It only shows black and white, and it refuses to play Halo, though it seems fine with metal gear solid 2

Please help

you might need to go through the setting nd see if the xbox has a black a white setting or just find some new AV connections. and the game could be sratched i found toothpaste to be the best way to buff out CDs.

you might need to go through the setting nd see if the xbox has a black a white setting or just find some new AV connections. and the game could be sratched i found toothpaste to be the best way to buff out CDs.

Problem is I had to go all over the city to acquire av cables. I got what I think is "monster cables" and it was a chore figuring out which ones went into the red, yellow and white. I have two extras that I have no clue what they are for

Sounds to me that you plugged in the composite cable instead of the component cable. Can you upload a pic of the cable to look at?

thats is it you have the HD cable and you are plugging them in to a non HD tv. I did this my self and thought my xbox had gone bad.

This is the mess I have

5993209826_1d3df4413f.jpg

Edit: I have a HD PVR/cable box, can I hook it into there? I've always hooked all my electronics into the TV directly

My cousin had a problem where his Xbox would constantly switch between photo-negative, infa-red, black and white, purple, and all kinds of weird colors. His warranty was up, but they still replaced it because they had never had that happen before. Probably wanted it back for some testing.

Try buying a different copy of Halo 2. If it still doesn't work you can return the game and won't be out any money.

Well I am no expert, but I would say that it is your copy of Halo.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity" Had to put another Patton quote after I saw yours.

you know what it could be, a foreign xbox,
I have an asian xbox and it shows up in black and white on older tv's

only when using a certain cable i get a good image

Its been over 3 years since the last post before yall necro'd it I'm sure the issue has been fixed.. :facepalm

you know what I've got a question that would fit into this froum, has anyone else had a ghost image slowly appear while they played halo 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back