odst build

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrentawreck

well its my first try at this paper modeling i have done a few tests on building the pieces with different glues and have found the glue gun to be best for holding it together :)

i have just made the boot guards and shin guard however my resin and glue is a bit messy but im hoping i can sand it out and cover it to look good :) but heres a few pics of what i have so far :)
http://wrentawreck.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d42a1l1
let me know how it looks to be going and if theres any thing anyone can surggest :) would be much appreciated :) ty

links should work now :) and also u cant see them but i did have a few problems when building and there a few tiny holes and overhangs ehich i hope the body filler will cover and also the resin went on a bit thick and blobbed but i hope sanding will solver the problem :)

ya i only got a laptop cam at the moment :p but hope to sort that soon :) and i just kept refering to the design in paperkura viewer to see how the parts go together and where :)
the main parts i had trouble with are the back parts at the bottom and the underneath rim where i just tried to put them in as best as i can however they either went in with small gaps or a bit of a trim but i tried my best and i hope that the filler will cover it and sort it out :)

pretty nice even though I can't see them clearly, but its good. :D and its nice to see another new ODST :D gudluck man!

just wondering the best way to add the inside leg parts to the thigh :) is it worth adding some elastic for movement or should i resin them as the leg :)

ok new update on progress (pictures to come) i have resined both boot covers and left shin and have made the right shin, left knee and left thigh and am debating at the moment weather i should resin and fiberglass the inside of them or i should use a different way to solidify them ? if any one as any advice would be much abliged :) ty :)

Looking good man,

Im working on the shins as well, but I'm using foam instead.

Keep up the good work man! If you have any questions or just need someone to bounce ideas off of then feel free to PM me!

*edit* and sry i overlooked your hardening issue on the thigh. I suggest using rondo (resin and bondo) to harden the inside. Its quick and easy to do as soon as you get the mixture right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back