Two 2005 calenders, and a halo 2 Guide.

bagoswag029.jpg

Bungie press materials disk

bagoswag028.jpg

A halo 3 wallet

bagoswag027.jpg

A chopper figure

bagoswag026.jpg

An xbox cover. And at the bottem right, strangely enough is a Disc one for myth. And its for windows 95 and missing disk two. Was a little wtf at the disk thing.

bagoswag025.jpg

But in the end. I got something only 777 people could have gotten, and im happy for that atleast.

The original 500 had the coolest crap in them because they put effort into it. The other 277 was juut crap off their desk. I'm mad at Bungie for screwing their most loyal fans out of some cool stuff.
That's really not their fault. The people didn't realize that yes, they were highly sought after, and that they would go quickly.

The original 500 had the coolest crap in them because they put effort into it. The other 277 was juut crap off their desk. I'm mad at Bungie for screwing their most loyal fans out of some cool stuff.

Are you serious, you think Bungie is "screwing" their loyal fans. Just because they did something for us they never had to do, and gave us the chance to get cool stuff, that otherwise you might have never had the chance to get, and I mean look at all the stuff they did on Bungie day for their fans, you my friend are hilarious.
Summer Was made for run on sentences. ;P lol.
O, and Spitfire i feel the same way.

Are you serious you think Bungie is "screwing" their loyal fans because they did something for us they never had to do and gave us the chance to get cool stuff that otherwise you might have never had the chance to get, and I mean look at all the stuff they did on Bungie day for their fans, you my freind are hilarious

I'm not sure if it's at all possible to fit more words into a single run-on sentence, but I'd rather not know the answer to that.

Back in line with the discussion, I don't think you were here when the Bags went on sale, or if you were, you obviously didn't make an attempt to buy one. Bungie handled it very poorly, and for the most part the bags were sold to the people either trying to make a profit or hoarders, or both. The first run had a lovely bunch who bought up 3+ bags at once (which, might I add, occurred a few crucial minutes before Bungie even announced that the bags were up for sale), and the second run was leftovers that might as well not have been sold (in my personal opinion). Bungie's a great company and all, but they did botch the operation quite well if that's what they were intending. Also, the other things they did on Bungie Day have no bearing on the Bags of Swag, nobody was paying $30 + $15 shipping to support Bungie's playing Halo: Reach, they were paying those $45 for a cool bag of swag (not to mention the time invested in waiting for the bags to go on sale and the subsequent time spent ranting).

tl;dr Bungie's handling of the sales was exceptionally poor, and as a result many fans feel "screwed". The extra 277 bags suffered a repeat of the problem with the first, with a bonus of having less wonderful swag. Swag, still, but not as great compared to the first 500 bags.

But of course this argument is a waste of time now since the bags are sold and we don't have a time-travelling phone-microwave.

Regardless of how the sales went, it was still something that Bungie had no obligation to their fans to do. Yet after they saw how the first run of 500 bags went, they tried to make up for it by selling an additional 277 bags. Once again, they had no obligation to do this since they had initially claimed that they would only be doing a limited run of only 500.

And I hope you don't really think that Bungie did this all intentionally. It's not really in a company's best interest to screw over their fans, so I'm sure that if you feel that way, it at least was not done on purpose.

Still, it's my opinion that all these complaints about gifts that Bungie gave/give to their community makes all the complainers look like whiny, spoiled children.

Back in line with the discussion, I don't think you were here when the Bags went on sale, or if you were, you obviously didn't make an attempt to buy one. Bungie handled it very poorly, and for the most part the bags were sold to the people either trying to make a profit or hoarders, or both. The first run had a lovely bunch who bought up 3+ bags at once (which, might I add, occurred a few crucial minutes before Bungie even announced that the bags were up for sale), and the second run was leftovers that might as well not have been sold (in my personal opinion). Bungie's a great company and all, but they did botch the operation quite well if that's what they were intending. Also, the other things they did on Bungie Day have no bearing on the Bags of Swag, nobody was paying $30 + $15 shipping to support Bungie's playing Halo: Reach, they were paying those $45 for a cool bag of swag (not to mention the time invested in waiting for the bags to go on sale and the subsequent time spent ranting).

tl;dr Bungie's handling of the sales was exceptionally poor, and as a result many fans feel "screwed". The extra 277 bags suffered a repeat of the problem with the first, with a bonus of having less wonderful swag. Swag, still, but not as great compared to the first 500 bags.

But of course this argument is a waste of time now since the bags are sold and we don't have a time-travelling phone-microwave.

This could not have been said better. We were screwed by people buying 3+ bags (but hell, even I was gonna buy 3) but thats still irrelivant because I really wanted one and it wasn't handled right and it really put a damper on the 20th aniversary celebration and I'm honestly never going to forgive Bungie for it. Truly. I will never forgive them. Ever. Unless I get a bag. What made it worse is that Bungie played with the same people two or three times on Bungie Day, while everyone else waited and watched for nothing to happen. I might have forgiven them if I would have gotten a steak or at least palyed with them on Bungie Day. But no, pro gamers with high ranks and lucky jerks who don't deserve to play with Bungie only play with Bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back