CQC Helmet/Custom Armor(FINISHED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIKAXIS

Okay so If anyone remembers my gungnir build that I did a while back then they might remember that I was posting some armor progress on that. But that was like in april that I did that so I decided I would start posting on this new thread and the focus would be on my CQC since I myself am impressed with my own work on it . SH#@ is gonna be updated on this thread like crazy since all my friends have
moved away and I have nothing better to do . I estimate that this will be done before the end of the month.

pop.jpg

here's the suit all laid out
fot.jpg

me with the chest and helmet
son.jpg

side view
on.jpg

fiberglass glued in using school glue ( makes it helluvah lot easier resining)
wer.jpg

the scratch built hp/parafoil attachment
as.jpg

temporary home
asd.jpg

stretchy thrift store clothes
asdf.jpg

Gungnir and mah two CQC helmets( the CQC in the middle is not the current one . it is one that i started and then in turned out to be too small)
i.jpg

(EDIT) apparently not a kukri, its a combat knife

The chest is not too amazing since I ended up cutting the arm holes to make it like a vest and also it is lop sided , so I might go back and make it from foam. Anyway I'm currently on vacation right now so I won't be able to work on it until this saturday . So expect another update this sunday.

Thats not a Kukri, its the standard combat knife. cAlso, great HP Parafoil.

I actually did a pep model of the little things on top, but I was gonna scratchbuild with cardboard, and some seat belts.

Also, finally someone else who glues in fiberglass before resining. I though I was just crazy.

dang good build i must say!

and i seem to be seeing double CQC helmets...
i wonder why...

definately will be watching this progress
(pro-gress, as opposed to prog-ress)

CJ

three replies ... well i suppose I can't expect too much excitement out of a helmet that is one of the starter helmets in reach . Anyway I saw some ones foam boots and I got all sad because mine were stupid in comparison. So I made the best foam boots ever! ... well, at least one boot .

poiu2.jpg

SnAZZY lookin boots
poiu.jpg

Here's the custom template I made so I could push out the second boot in no time.
asdff.jpg

This boot is at least four inches bigger than my foot, but most of the extra inches are in the back
poiu1.jpg

compare and contrast .
Well hopefully I can have my shins done by tomorrow so I can start the bondo process on my helmet .

Very nice boots! I know how you feel about not making em right, mine turned out to be sized for a 1 1/2 foot long foot! That was when I gave up on pepakura...

Thank you for the quick reply to my thread , it makes me feel all fuzzy ... Anyway I wanted to know if the images were too big . They look huge on my 2003 laptop but I'm not certain if they are big for anyone else .

Okay, so yesterday was quite a productiv3 day . I managed to complete both of my shins and then I did a little work on my Crappy cqc helmet. I filed down the edges of my cqc with a dremel sander and then applied another coat of resin. unfortunately I had painted the cqc prior to the resining and it ended up coming off when i was applying the resin so it ended up being pretty rough . So, Imma try one more coat in an attempt to smooth the sucker out . I also ended up cutting the visor hole out. My GOOD CQC helmet finally got resined on the inside and so I'm gonna start the bondo process on that .

MOY SHEENS AH LOYKE STEEX!
IMG00306-20110811-1742.jpg

got one entire leg complete
IMG00309-20110811-1745.jpg

all of this over a pair of shins?
IMG00300-20110811-0000.jpg

and the crappy cqc
IMG00310-20110811-1746.jpg

those shins are awesome. I'm too scared to build mine cause people said they are the hardest part to make :p plus, i love the so random quote.

I didn't find them that difficult, but maybe I'm just that good with foam (I mean look at those Kicks!)... I actually think I'm gonna go back and make my chest with foam which looks a bit more challenging now that I have opened the foam template. And as far as the so random qoute goes , I'm not a fan, but disney channel is all my sister watches so I pick a lot of stuff up from just being in the same room. I swear inadvertently seen every episode of Wizards of waverly place.

Okay itsa nuther update and I guess I'm gonna have to double post but whatever. I finished my chest this morning after a lot of struggle with it. It's finally to a perfect scale and is just my size. I wanted to use l3x's chest file but even the foam template looked confusing as hell . So i ended up making some slight adjustments to the main chest from the file base and now I couldn't be happier with the results . I also put the extra coat of resin on both of my helmets to try and smooth it out even further as to reduce the amount of bondo work I have to do . I have also added pictures of some Ideas I had for my second CQC helmet .( I drew the pictures on my 3DS out of boredom while camping)

Here are some shots of the chest . I wore the gungnir since my CQC is still drying .
IMG00334-20110813-1406.jpg

IMG00337-20110813-1408.jpg

IMG00335-20110813-1407.jpg

CQC's are drying currently
IMG00347-20110813-1442.jpg

Comaparing old chest to new . I used the halo statue as a reference along the way
IMG00340-20110813-1410.jpg

Here are some Ideas . Probably gonna end up goin' with the Kamekazi one
IMG00315-20110811-2242.jpg

IMG00314-20110811-2241.jpg

Also my visor came in the mail today ( bought Hjc HJ-11 and it was way bigger than I thought it would be)
IMG00349-20110813-1442.jpg

now that I have my visor I'm going to be more focused on my helmet . Probably gonna shoot for having that done with the next update.

Looks sick dude . I like the chest a lot . I'm going to start working with foam too and I hope I don't screw up . That gungnir looks awesome too , but I guess that isn't your main helmet . As far as the helmets ideas go , I like the Kitty better ^.^

this build is looking awesome so far. Its no fair how you can just buy a visor, stick it in, and be done..... I have to vac-form....and then airbrush!

Anyways, job well done can't wait to see it smoothed and painted

Okay Kiddos 3rd to last update on my armor . Well I haven't quite finished the helmet but it's almost there and I decided that I've painted so much That I would update. Expect another update tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully at that point I can have everything painted . It's all going to be pristine paint on the armor until the final update with all the weathering which will be either sunday or monday.

IMG00374-20110816-1329.jpg

Here's the chest painted in all its glory
IMG00399-20110820-0903.jpg

one with all the attachments . all detachable as usual.
IMG00366-20110815-2202.jpg

Notice mah little decal .It's not the best but pretty good for free handing .
IMG00383-20110820-0834.jpg

We are so close to having this finished.
IMG00395-20110820-0902.jpg

shoulders...detachable
IMG00384-20110820-0835.jpg

thighs shins and boots ...oh my
IMG00385-20110820-0835.jpg

I'll show you where to put it.

dude, looks uber fantastic! are you gonna add the little oval capsule things on the helmet before it's done? either way, I'm super excited to see all this!

dude, looks uber fantastic! are you gonna add the little oval capsule things on the helmet before it's done? either way, I'm super excited to see all this!

Oh yes I will . I haven't pepped those parts but I will probably manipulate some of my empty tubes from mighty putty to do it .

WOOT WOOT ... so after long agony I have finished my suit . Here's mah pics . I haven't gotten around to weathering any of it and I might never . well to be more specific I'm going to the missionary training center tomorrow. That's the whole reason I've been really pushing this suit . So I might finish this in two years when I get back but until then this is going into storage .

Here are some helmet shots . ( wish I could have finished making a HUL attachment )
IMG00428-20110822-1502.jpg

IMG00433-20110822-1524.jpg

THE FINISHED PRODUCT!
IMG00435-20110822-1738.jpg

IMG00436-20110822-1738.jpg

IMG00437-20110822-1738.jpg

Captain Morgan pose ( I saw hyper do it )
IMG00441-20110822-1739.jpg

A deadly weapon ( but my sister didn't know what "put my shoulder going up" meant so it's crooked )
IMG00440-20110822-1739.jpg

I will upload more tonight, thanks for the awsome 6 months of costuming .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back