Pay It Foward Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Hi everyone, I came up with this idea after seeing how well it's working on the RPF, I figure ths would'nt work out well in the Classifieds because you can't post any replies in there. So how this works is a member offers up a item for free and free shipping. And whoever get's the free item must give a free item themselves to someone else here in this thread. And it just goes on and on. Please don't put something low ball on here if you're getting a good value item, I've seen it happen before where a person got a helmet and offered a magazine, don't do that. There will be a couple of ground rules, no teenagers (because we don't want to have parental troubles if you give away something your parents gave to you and suddently we end up with your parents on here wanting it back) we don't need any drama here. Secondly no noob members will be allowed to take part in this, We don't want to have a case of a new member getting a item and running off, so let the Pay It Foward thread begin.
First I will offer up 3 packages of 10 sheets of 12" H x12" W 3/8" thickness EVA Foam , 30 Sheets total. Grey on one side, herringbone pattern black on the other side of the foam, great for working on armor with. All 3 packages will go to one person. Who's first to get it and offer up something themselves.

This is one of the best ideas i have ever heard of, infact the Boyscout in me is just in love with this idea. I realy want to help out with this when I am able to.

I'm interested, and I'm sure others are, but I think most people either
1. Don't have something to give in return.
or
2. Are a teenager (Like me. :()

If the rules are changed, I am willing to offer a WIP helmet to somebody.
DSC02436.jpg

DSC02437.jpg

It is scaled to 305mm but was too big for my head because I'm small (5' 6") and have a tiny head.
It seemed to fit my friend well who has a larger head.

I realize this is against thread rules, but I have shipped things before (eBay) and I'm sure my parents wouldn't care at all if this was given to someone who could use it.

I can resin it too, and rondo, if need be.

Ok I'm willing to do that I will allow teens to participate but the first time something goes bad it won't be allowed again. So if you would like to have the foam just send me a PM and your helmet can be up for grabs. And I think you meant to say it was too big for your head.

Sounds good. PM sent.

Oh, thanks for catching my error.

Edit: So, If I am correct and each item goes to the next member to offer up an item, what will you be receiving?

If I am correct here then I must say what you are doing is very generous.

I'd pay it forward if I had anything worth paying forward that I wasn't too emotionally attached to to give up.

Pretty generous of you, Nin, all things considered.

Sounds good. PM sent.

Oh, thanks for catching my error.

Edit: So, If I am correct and each item goes to the next member to offer up an item, what will you be receiving?

If I am correct here then I must say what you are doing is very generous.

I recieve nothing I'm just getting the ball rolling. And yes you would be correct you get something you give something.

Hey I have a peped Commando Helmet (Unknown Author) Hight:280mm Width:243mm Depth:309mm
I also Have a peped Scout Helmet by Raziel 1981 Hight:290mm Width:271mm Depth:342mm
I origonaly made them for my friends but they lost intrest in them and they are just takeing up space
148_0557-1.jpg

PM me for more pics and I will let you Know when I can send them

I love this idea I'll have to look through my stuff. Does it have to be halo related?

Nope, it can be anything, I guess it should be related to costuming though.

My helmet is also still up for grabs. If you offer something up in the thread, PM me and I'll send you it for free.

Just a head sup. I fear I might of made an entire torso section and helmet of a Halo 3 UNSC Marine helmet. Sizes to follow when I am finished completing the pieces.

I had a hard time finding something that I think anyone on this forum would like but here it is(Someone tell me if this is acceptable)

snapshot.png

A Xbox 360 faceplate and the Halo Reach: Signature Series Guide (has some nice pictures in it)

Im also really interested in the tac vest if it hasn't already been taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back