405th Members from MICHIGAN! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren, MI here!

I go to Youmacon every year! This year won't be an exception. However, I won't have any armor this year, I don't think my project will get done until next year. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!

You know, I was thinking, I don't know where to begin with resin/bondo-ing a helmet. If someone from Michigan (preferably close by) would help me with the process, it would be very much appreciated. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, glad to see a few people from Michigan on hear!

If anyone is in the area of Lapeer and would like to dress up in costume for the Nov 15th, 2011 Halo: CE release let me know! Facebook link below.

I will dressed in my full spartan costume from 11am-11pm. Sure an occasional bathroom break is needed but anyone who wants to join the fun let me know! There will be a Halo helmet raffle($1), Halo Tournament in-store (free entry, prizes) and take part in shooting of a EGS webcast that will be viewed by over 230 subscribers over YouTube. Wont be on hear much due to the fact of building more armor as we speek. Hope to hear from everyone soon :).

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=276728919024954

Kalamazoo, MI, working on several builds atm, have an artistic approach to all of this armor and such. I'm odd like that and fairly new to the forum, kinda.. mostly I just read through posts and such..

Are there any michigan members here that have a completed suit AND plan on going to a Halo Anniversary release AND might be able to take me with you? XD I want to show off my costume but I don't have a car. :(

Oh yeah, you're close. :p My aunt and grandma live in Canton. Plus Canton is where I grew up. :p hehe

Well I live in canton right now, and used to live in Wayne.

At first I read the quoted text as as you used to live in canton and your grandparents are in clinton. I thought that was odd because my grandparents and aunt are in clintin.

Regardless I plan on going to Youmacon next year the girlfriend is dragging me there and intended to cosplay so I have 1 year to one up her costume :) . I'm trying to persuade her into making a Halo themed costume to match what I'm working on but she has an unfounded dislike for Halo (and she admits she has no reason to dislike Halo she just does) and wouldn't do a Cortana costume. If you got any suggestions for another female role im all ears there.

Oh another quick question if you don't mind me prying what year did you graduate high school, I did in 09. I would find it humorous if we met before granted the school here was huge I think it would be funny if we ran into each other once or twice before.

Regardless I plan on going to Youmacon next year the girlfriend is dragging me there and intended to cosplay so I have 1 year to one up her costume :) . I'm trying to persuade her into making a Halo themed costume to match what I'm working on but she has an unfounded dislike for Halo (and she admits she has no reason to dislike Halo she just does) and wouldn't do a Cortana costume. If you got any suggestions for another female role im all ears there.
Might I suggest Commander Miranda Keyes?

Wow I've read this thread then forgot all about. well I've fixed that I now have it bookmarked.

Well I live in canton right now, and used to live in Wayne.

At first I read the quoted text as as you used to live in canton and your grandparents are in clinton. I thought that was odd because my grandparents and aunt are in clintin.

Oh another quick question if you don't mind me prying what year did you graduate high school, I did in 09. I would find it humorous if we met before granted the school here was huge I think it would be funny if we ran into each other once or twice before.
Well for starters, I went to wayne/westland schools. Further more, after knowing what year you graduated, I HIGHLY doubt we ran into each other since I was class of 2000. :p

As for your girlfriend, I'm not sure of what female character she could do from Halo. I saw you mentioned that she is wanting to show some skin/curves and really, Cortana would be the best option for that. lol DARE or Kat are some other good female characters, but again, it just defies what your girlfriend is looking for. XD BUT........you can do a custom Halo suit and she could be some sort of sexy spartan. XD lol This: http://spectrestudios.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=72#/d16hiqf is a good example. :p haha

I'm about 20 min north of detroit, and my girlfriend and i are going to youmacon 2012!!! hopefully i will have my armor done by then, so if anyone else is going i'll be there for all 3 days hopefully

I'm about 20 min north of detroit, and my girlfriend and i are going to youmacon 2012!!! hopefully i will have my armor done by then, so if anyone else is going i'll be there for all 3 days hopefully

Whoot another person going to Youmacon. I WILL be there.:cool

I live In Grand Rapids. I go to Jafax every year. This will be my third time going to Youmacon. I seen some Spartans last year at youmacon
390589_10150444079292813_637077812_10334239_813873555_n.jpg
I wish i could gotten more pics, but my camera die and the spare batteries was in my hotel room. Sadly I didn't see you, thorn696. I wish I did.

So this year at youmacon, Im going as a odst(still working on the armor). For those who are going we should meet up at the con and have a photoshoot.:cool

So this year at youmacon, Im going as a odst(still working on the armor). For those who are going we should meet up at the con and have a photoshoot.:cool

That would be fun. Too bad I don't know if I will actually make it this year. I still have yet to attend and I have so much going on that I don't know what things will be like when youmacon comes around.

Let me know I should be there 3 days this year. The 2 spartan's should be there too. It would be real nice to get a group photo in the D. :cool

Woohoo! I'm glad to see other Michiganders on here, I thought I was alone. But yeah, I live around the St. Clair area (not St. Clair Shores) and mainly make Halo armor for a fan film I'm making! I'm so happy that IndyMogul got me into this hobby, I was itching to get into something before discovering this!

A photoshoot would be awesome!!! at this rate i will probably have my armor and an MA5B i am making out of wood done by youmacon, but i might not be there for the first day cause i go to GVSU in allendale but we can plan where to meet when it gets closer. I'm sooooo excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back