Halo 3 Multiplayer Custom Armor Build (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superninja5506

Hello. I became serious about this armor thing literally like 3 days ago. Right now I have a man(myself) and a plan (the armor) and not much else. I have the measuring down, I just need to go to the store and buy the stuff now, then I can begin my "masterpiece". However, i can't drive myself for like a month and a half yet, so I must wait until it catches my parents whimsy to go. Until then, I continue planning.

My basic plan is Recon Helm, Mark VI body, and Scout and EVA shoulders from the Pepukura models generously provided to the community by HeavyGunner and made by several other people. I also plan on submitting my progress in Youtube form, when i have something to show. More details when I begin.

Here is what I want the final product to resemble.
PlayerModel.ashx?p1=0&p2=3&p3=2&p4=7&p5=0&p6=21&p7=20&p8=0.png

FULL PEP ON PAGE 3

Last edited by a moderator:
umm, well if this is implying that you will start a new thread when you have progress, you shouldnt have posted this one. BUT if this is technically a wip, then you need to find some pictures. im not sure what this is considered since you are calling it a wnybbwbs. im sure that if this was supposed to be a wip, you would get more appreciation if you stated this with an update with real pics and real videos......

I expect to begin by tomorrow, and once I start, I will change the title to WIP.

That being said, I see your point. I probably should have posted this tommorrow, but whats done is done. aka I'm to lazy to delete it and repost tommorow

I promised pics, and i will deliver. Here is the fully Peped EVA shoulder. I am going to finish pep work before I start the other things, so don't be too impressed. I probably could have finished more, but I had to work today.

Here is the shoulder carefully balanced on mine
HNI_0054.jpg

The side
HNI_0051.jpg

The Top view
HNI_0053.jpg

The other side
HNI_0052.jpg

I scrapped YouTube cuz my camera crapped out, but otherwise my project is moving on FULL FORCE! FWAAAAH! Anyways, see you soon, and I will keep you posted.

Thank you very much ventrue, i spent like a half hour trying to get it to work. I will get to work on the rest of the peping tomorrow

After a few hours of folding, cutting and gluing, I have finished part 2 of my left arm- the bicep. I ahve decided to finish that arm, then move on to another part. Either way, here are the pics.

My modeling skills at work once again
HNI_0059.jpg

Viewpoint #1
HNI_0060.jpg

HNI_0056.jpg

And #3
HNI_0057.jpg

Still have a lot of work to go. You may have noticed that the shoulder part on this section is missing. I am keeping it around, but in an effort to remain game accurate, I did not attach it yet. I am sorry if this offends the creator and/or unfolder.

Anyways, I might not post again until Thursday, might have company tomorrow, but stay tuned, cuz you know that there will be plenty more to see. This is superninja5506 signing off.

Well, yesterday we (Me and a friend) went to get supplies for our builds. He is building a Plasma Rifle and a Flame Grenade. Anyways, we bought the resin and the Bondo stuff, so now when I get to that step, I have it.

Just finished the left arm of my build, which is the EVA shoulder, bicep, forearm and handplate. Here are the pics.

My Forearm Piece
HNI_0062.jpg

HNI_0063.jpg

HNI_0064.jpg

HNI_0065.jpg

The inside of this thing is huge. It's gonna need a lot of padding.
HNI_0067.jpg

And here is the handplate
HNI_0069.jpg

HNI_0070.jpg

HNI_0071.jpg

And finally, the entire assembly.
HNI_0072.jpg

I think it looks really beefy. Like really, REALLY, beefy. I think that will do the helmet next, though I tend to change my mind often. Also, I have decided on silver as the armor color, and I will be using my Halo 3 emblem on the Left shoulder and a 405th logo on the right. Stay tuned!

EDIT: FUN FACT: I redid the arm twice because it wouldn't fit my wrists. It sucked. I also started with the HD hand, but it was about 1.5x-2x too big, and i really didn't feel like redoing the circle things i had finished, so LD it was.

Very clean pep work! However it looks like your forearm piece needs to be scaled down a lot, like 20% or so.

I thought that too. I figured out that if i make it any smaller, my wrists will not fit. :(. I might make a smaller version later, for now, it is what it is.

EDIT: I looked at it in the mirror last night, and decided I will definitely scale it down. I think I will have the scaled down version Monday, because I won't have time enough to work on something else that day.

Sorry i haven't posted in a while. I had to work all weekend, and the helmet took longer than i thought. I also do not have the forearm re-scaled because of this setback. But I digress, here are the finished helmet pictures.

From the front
HNI_0073.jpg

From the side
HNI_0074.jpg

From the inside
HNI_0075.jpg

On me
HNI_0077.jpg

The helmet is only kinda too big, nothing slight padding won't fix. There is also plenty of space for fun things on the inside, so the helmet should be really awesome when i get done. I will fix the forearm, then get started on the right arm, so stay tuned.

looks awesome man, i saw a little warp on the helmet but nothin a little spot putty can fix, other than that it looks great so keep up the great work and good luck =D

Like the pep work looks great. If you find that your recon helmet is hard to smooth out try the ''Helmet by BELAKOR Smoothed by Macattack64'' I did the same one as you and had too many issues went with the smooth recon pep file and it could not have been any easier to do.

Looks amazing!!! when you said you were going to build the helmet, i assumed you would use the smooth version. this looks great.
(what kind of goodies are going inside the helmet??)

Continuing my work for today, i am done with the scout shoulder piece.

Here it is.
HNI_0079.jpg

Not much to show.
HNI_0078.jpg

Not incredibly exciting, but its news. I will keep you posted.

Its taken a while due to procrastination, but here is the right arm

The whole thing flat
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j410/superninja5506/405/IMG_1643-1.jpg
On me
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j410/superninja5506/405/IMG_1647.jpg
And I took this one because I can.
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j410/superninja5506/405/IMG_1648.jpg

sorry about the links, but i lost my 3DS for pictures, and these pictures were of unreasonable size. Next up is the dreaded chest piece, which im going to measure like 70 times before i print cuz it is at least 32 pages.

I did try rescaling the arm like 7 times, but I literally cant get my hand through the hole if it is any smaller, so it stays. Maybe i will jut put foam padding in the underarmor and the armor to make it fit right.

Well, thats all i have for now, so see y'all next time.

I Found my 3DS, so i have postable pictures on this thread once again. I finished the chest after a surprisingly short 3 days, mostly cuz i did not procrastinate. I tore it slightly trying to put it on, as the bottom isn't wide enough for my shoulders to get through, but the rest fits so i just reglued the torn bits. I think that I will eventually have to cut the whole thing in half and have it strapped together so I can still use it. But I digress, here are the pictures

HNI_0081-1.jpg

HNI_0082.jpg

HNI_0083.jpg

I think it looks good. And yes, that is the majority of my Halo Mega Bloks collection on the table. I also took a picture of the entire assembly layed out where I keep it.

HNI_0084.jpg

I still have the legs and cod piece to do, so I will take these on one at at a time. Until next time, this is superninja5506 signing off.

I Found my 3DS, so i have postable pictures on this thread once again. I finished the chest after a surprisingly short 3 days, mostly cuz i did not procrastinate. I tore it slightly trying to put it on, as the bottom isn't wide enough for my shoulders to get through, but the rest fits so i just reglued the torn bits. I think that I will eventually have to cut the whole thing in half and have it strapped together so I can still use it. But I digress, here are the pictures

HNI_0081-1.jpg

HNI_0082.jpg

HNI_0083.jpg

I think it looks good. And yes, that is the majority of my Halo Mega Bloks collection on the table. I also took a picture of the entire assembly layed out where I keep it.

HNI_0084.jpg

I still have the legs and cod piece to do, so I will take these on one at at a time. Until next time, this is superninja5506 signing off.

Yeah the chest pieces are meant to be cut into two pieces to put on the chest, so once you get it reinforced that what you have to look forward to :D

Finished the cod piece last night, but it was at like midnight, so I didn't feel like posting it then. I just woke up and ate something, and now I am showing pics

HNI_0092.jpg

HNI_0093.jpg

HNI_0094.jpg

Now on to the legs. until then, I bid you all adieu.

EDIT: My little sister agreed to put on my armor, and i felt it necessary and hilarious to show what she looked like.

HNI_0096.jpg

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I will try to get as much done as I can tonight, cuz school starts tommorow. All I have left to pep is the thigh things. I am waiting to post pictures until I have both legs completly done. After that, I will post weekly updates on YouTube, which I will link to here, now that I got my camera working again, so stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back