Noble 6 and Grif(RvB) helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8b

Hello Everyone. I've been wanting to build a helmet for a long time and recently had the time to do it. I started out by doing the standard hot glue method of construction followed by the resin and bondo. My first try with mixing the resin and bondo for the inside didn't go well. The amount I used was wrong and put too much of the hardener in. By the time I went to pour it in the mix had hardened before the stream could touch the bottom of the helm. I was not happy about that and had to go back to the store to buy another container of bondo. After that I figured it out and did a few cups of the resin to finish it.
I spend days on detailing and patching up bumps and rough spots. But that didn't matter because when I used my primer it exposed the rough areas and made them gritty. I hit some snags along the way and decided there was no way I was making the rest of the suit...
Until about a week later when I started on my Grif helmet and suit. So far the helmet is done and from start to finish it was 5 day, unlike the first which took a couple weeks.
I'll keep up progress of Grif when I get each piece finished.

I was also wondering the best way to cut and attach the visor.

Noble 6 peped
PhotoJul1732653PM.jpg

Hardened and detailed
PhotoJul2043008PM.jpg

Primed and undercoated
PhotoJul2924057PM.jpg

Finished
PhotoAug0115856PM.jpg

PhotoAug0115814PMHDR.jpg

Pushed on to make the rest of my Grif armor. Took a lot of time and bondo, but was worth it. Now I'll spend time refining edges and making it as smooth as can be.
PhotoAug18124713PM.jpg

That's very quick, accurate work! I really like the color of the visor you are using, it's a break from all the standard iridium gold visors :p
I'm interested to see the bondo work that goes on in this build, so i'll make sure to check back soon.

More Progress
I smoothed almost every part to be painted and had to cut a lot of the pieces because they didn't fit right.
Here is the left and right arm before I painted them the orange color.
PhotoAug2640138PM.jpg

PhotoAug2640146PM.jpg

I had to make the hand piece because I didn't find a model. Lucky for me there isn't much to it.
PhotoAug2640220PM.jpg

wow dude that looks great!!!! i really like the '6 helmet, that visor does indeed look awesome

Thanks man! The visor is ok but it isn't very well tinted and up close you can see inside.

UPDATE
painted both arms, then started and finished the hand pieces. Pretty productive day
f90a16c8.jpg

i have the files for the hand plate. but if you look for rhinoc's hd mark V pep files they're in there

I could not have asked for a better reference then this!
6f506e4d.jpg

UPDATE
I have all the pieces primed and almost completed with the base colors. I've done some detailing to the arms and chest the past few days. I cut the visor to fit inside the helmet easily but wasn't sure of a good way to attach it permanently. Any help with that would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're almost at full power sir! I can feel it, I've got all my spray pinting done and all I need to do it touch up, detail, and pad everything. I think I'm going to make it in time for halloween!

207c23a7.jpg

4bd9ff80.jpg

2edf675e.jpg

Lighting kinda sucks because it was getting dark.

The suit is getting close to being complete, but I put it on hold and started on a pistol. I figured I can pull off the look of the suit 100 times more if I just had the gun. So I started it back in august but only cut the parts out. The past couple days I've been scoring the lines and today I started construction. I plan on finishing peping it tonight and will go buy the supplies to harden and paint it later in the week after work.

8d6d998a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back