Burn1ngskull's Emile armor build WIP (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

burn1ngskull

Hey 405th members im Burn1ngskull thats also my XBL gamertag so if you want you can ad me but thats besides the point.so i have just joined the 405th community but i have been making armor for about a year now but the only other armor i have made is a full Master Chief suit and i skipped the bondo stage so it wasnt perfect, but right now im currently working on emiles armor and this time i plan on completing all of the steps i have just finished the pep stage and am working on resining it
6265847.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The helmet it self is hard to see, but it looks like a good pep job. I am going to make an Emile costume, so I know the need to have it perfect.

And a quick question, how do you plan on making the skull?

The helmet it self is hard to see, but it looks like a good pep job. I am going to make an Emile costume, so I know the need to have it perfect.

And a quick question, how do you plan on making the skull?

Hey thanks for the reply and i know its hard to see but i will be using a better camera for other updates now on to the skull, after ive resined and painted and bondoed everything im gonna print a stencil of the skull and cut it out then im gonna spray paint it on then after thats dry im gonna take a brush spray a LITTLE bit of metalic silver paint on and lightly paint all the edges of the skull so the skull will look etched in with his knife and not painted, send me a friend request i will be doing a full video tutorial once im done

Part 2
part 3

So i have just decided that i will be doing the entire armor of emile thats why i have changed the name from emile helmet to emile build

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome job with the helmet pep! that helmet looks like it was a pain to pep =P. If you haven't already started the hardening process i would suggest using something to hold the shape on the inside. I stuffed my helmet with plastic grocery bags just to maintain somewhat of a structure as you apply resin (in your case aquaresin) because during this stage if you apply too much you'll end up with a warped piece which you just spent countless hours pepping (i learned this from experience...). Just a little tip because it would be a shame for a helmet like the one you pepped to go to waste! Good luck on the build! Can't wait to see this finished!

awesome job with the helmet pep! that helmet looks like it was a pain to pep =P. If you haven't already started the hardening process i would suggest using something to hold the shape on the inside. I stuffed my helmet with plastic grocery bags just to maintain somewhat of a structure as you apply resin (in your case aquaresin) because during this stage if you apply too much you'll end up with a warped piece which you just spent countless hours pepping (i learned this from experience...). Just a little tip because it would be a shame for a helmet like the one you pepped to go to waste! Good luck on the build! Can't wait to see this finished!

Hey thanks alot man! I was already using a balloon to help it keep it's shape so i don't think i have anything to worry about but thanks for the tip!

What are you using for a visor???

Well after you have resined bondoed and sanded everything first you cut a 3 by 5 inch hole in the paper visor where the eyes of the skull are going to be then buy a cheap plastic visor off of a gasmask or something then glue the visor in so its lined up with the eyes of the skull then after that paint the skull on then there you go

Any other plastic thats maluable enough to form the EVA helmet? Besides the gas mask method

Well there is vaccume forming but that can be very expensive if you don't have a shop vac and the only other thing to my knowledge is to buy a motorcycle visor thats tinted gold already but that can cost up to 30 dollars

Yeah, I dont own a shop-vac, but the motorcycle helmet may be a option. I was considering using a arcylic plastic, just I dont know how to form it

That's some nice job you did on your helmet, can't wait to see your work done! :) I'm realy exited cus I'm making Emile's armor too, you can check my updates below! :)

Well there is vaccume forming but that can be very expensive if you don't have a shop vac and the only other thing to my knowledge is to buy a motorcycle visor thats tinted gold already but that can cost up to 30 dollars

You should knew that Armor building isn't cheap! I spendet about 1500 swedish krons, it's about 250 USD for beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back