**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribed :D

I know what you mean about the foam rubbing against the skin. I bought the same foam you have for my Deadmau5 head project, and it feels weird when rubbed on skin. Not quite like nails on a chalkboard like the way you described it, but I don't like the feeling. I'll have to use your method and get it covered in some cloth. Nice build so far! :)

That's awesome! I have a feeling I will be doing the same thing to mine lol

I feel for you man, I had to do the same thing to my thigh pieces, your looks alot better than the plain arch I gave mine, nice job

I went back a page and saw how you put the foam in. Since I am almost done pepping the parts, and getting ready to resin/fiberglass, I was thinking ahead to padding. Good tips, and I hope that you don't mind that I try out your technique. Thanks, and great job!!

I'm glad the tutorial will help someone out a bit. I do plan on at least one or two more tutorials before the end of the build (although Cereal Killl3r has me beat with the bondo work tutorial!!).

I remember doing that to my thigh pieces on my MC build last year. But since this build that I'm working on now has foam thighs, I don't need to cut those parts out, really.

I also would like to say that your build has been of great inspiration to me. I look back through your thread almost all of the time for references and ideas that I probably would not have thought of before-- like the treads on the bottom of the boots-- and when I feel like I need inspiration, I also look at your thread for that extra boost of morale. I love seeing what you have to offer next and I can't wait to see this finished!

Keep up the great work!

-Alexis

That's actually quite flattering. It's funny that this build started as inspiration from members here like LongShot-X and Starvinartist and can grown into something that inspires others. Thank you for that.

Well, I FINALLY got back after a week off. Here's what I had to put up with for a week...

481046_4397897068156_1754191904_n.jpg

...well, ok, not so much put up with as bask in the light of.

Anyway, I finally got some more work done on my biceps. I got a bit of a late start today, so it's only the first phase of bondo work. I plan on completing the bondo stage over the next day or so. Here are the pics...

DSCN1052.jpg

DSCN1053.jpg

DSCN1054.jpg

I also kept this little detail...

DSCN1056.jpg

After spending so much time pepping the details in, it'd be a shame to lose it.

Not a huge update, but I'm back in business!

Looks like nice smooth Bondo work there.

Redshirt

This is an insane build with GREAT attention to detail. I love the armor. You sir, make it look easy!

Looks like nice smooth Bondo work there.

Redshirt

This is an insane build with GREAT attention to detail. I love the armor. You sir, make it look easy!

Amazing work. You do not cut any corners do you!

Love the magnet and pistol concept.

Thanks all. It seems like it's starting to pick up again. I finished up the bondo stage for the biceps tonight. Here are the pics...

DSCN1058.jpg

DSCN1060.jpg

Then, of course, there were quite a few areas that needed touching up, so...

DSCN1061.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be out of town, and back on Sunday (hopefully with my lost LEDs for my thighs). On Sunday evening I'll be doing the final sanding of the biceps and giving them a coat of primer (possibly a coat of silver too depending on how clean they look after the primer). After the sun goes down on Sunday, I'll start to work on the lights for the thighs and get those completely finished.

Enjoy.

Great work Carpathiavh99. I'm so sorry for not checking this out earlier.

About the picture of you kicking back. LUCKY!

So who else watched the Mars Curiosity Rover landing?! My daughter and I just finished and (while there was no actual footage of the rover itself, just of the control room) it was pretty exciting. Then the picture of Mars came up and it just makes me wonder what else will come from this. Good times.

Anyway, I got a lot of work done on my biceps tonight. I finished smoothing them out and got all the layers of paint needed before the blackwashing. First there was the silver coat...

DSCN1062.jpg

Then I masked off areas with vasoline and applied the dark grey primer...

DSCN1066.jpg

Then I wiped away the vasoline and reapplied, and finished it off with the Italian Olive armor color...

DSCN1075.jpg

DSCN1076.jpg

DSCN1077.jpg

DSCN1078.jpg

Then I applied two coats of clear flat and I will let that cure over night before I apply the blackwash. I did not get to the electronics on my thighs tonight because of the Mars Rover landing, but I will work on them at the same time I work on the electronics for the biceps. After the paintjob is complete on the biceps, I can shift my focus back to the cod piece and get that underway.

Let me know what you think.

I think that is is looking great! I love watching the armour progressing along. Keep at it!

Also, glad to hear that I'm not the only one who watched the Mars Rover Landing. It's amazing what we can do when our species gets its act together. Now we just need to find the prothean ruins on the red planet...

Base paint looks great. :D

Thank you, I'm anxious to get the blackwash down and get these knocked out.

I think that is is looking great! I love watching the armour progressing along. Keep at it!

Also, glad to hear that I'm not the only one who watched the Mars Rover Landing. It's amazing what we can do when our species gets its act together. Now we just need to find the prothean ruins on the red planet...

Thanks.

I was so sure that the rover was going to crash. There were literally thousands of things that could have gone wrong, and if any had gone wrong, game over. But it all went perfectly! I was stunned. My heart was actually racing when I heard that they received confirmation that it entered the atmosphere.

Your the man! Boss Biceps Big Boi! Beast Build Buddy!;)

Thanks!

Great work on the paint, I love that vaseline trick!

I was bummed out this morning that I forgot all about watching the landing :(

Great work on the paint, I love that vaseline trick! (

dang its looking great so far, keep up the fantastic work

Thanks!

Got a lot of work done tonight too. First of all, I finished up the paint job on the biceps...

DSCN1079.jpg

DSCN1080.jpg

DSCN1081.jpg

DSCN1082.jpg

Then I started to think about all the detail parts on the biceps. The inside areas and the spaces between the gaps of the armor are not simply gaps, they have some degree of underarmor to them. So, I took some of the craft foam I had and started to fill in the gaps...

DSCN1084.jpg

DSCN1085.jpg

DSCN1086.jpg

Then, based on this little guy...

DSCN1095.jpg

...I went a little farther on the inner arm area...

DSCN1089.jpg

DSCN1092.jpg

DSCN1093.jpg

All that's left now is the padding and electronics, then I have to strap it and my undersuit up and the biceps will be finished. I discovered that I don't have any spare CD cases at my house (they're all back at my inlaws' house), so getting the lights in the biceps may take a while. Therefore, my focus very soon will be the cod (I keep saying that).

Enjoy!

This is awesome Carpathiavh99! I love all of the extra little details you're adding to your suit, especially the little bit of craft foam on the biceps. It adds so much! You are an inspiration for us all.

Are you still able to get your arm into them with that extra detail added? Nice work by the way, it's little details like this that really take things to the next level.

Are you still able to get your arm into them with that extra detail added?

Yes, the armor still fits. I double checked what height I could go to before I attached the detail pieces. And the foam detail does not take away from the diameter of the opening either, so all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back