Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: **Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Bazinga! Love the tut on the fans and LED's, can't wait to see more!
    "Life moves on whether we act as Cowards or Heroes."
    - Project 003
    "So I try to live the most I can every day and enjoy every moment of my life."
    - Mathieu Lacombe

i wish everything i made looked this good

"Carter may be the boss, but Jorge is a living, breathing death threat. Nobody messes with Jorge."

Here's a quick update for you all. But, before I update the first page, let's see if anyone can guess what this little beauty is going to be...

Hint: It involves Post #8
    Last edited by Carpathia; 09-26-2011 at 02:55 AM.
    Check it out! My [Complete] Halo 3 Mk VI Build! (First permutation in progress)
    The soon to be updated M6X Multi-Pistol
    405th 4shared File Database!!
    Bungie Purist - The only 343 armor I will even consider is Master Chief's.

It almost looks like the soft armor for the neck, but the curved ends have me wondering.

-Matt

Is it the chest under armor?
    Truth or Dare?
    Dare!
    Okay, I dare you to tell a truth about yourself
    TROLL

mkshane81 is right, it is the neck seal. I made this from leather and used a template that Adam gave me a few years ago for contributing toward the migration of the 405th site to its new server. To my knowledge, this is the same pattern that Bluerealm Studios used to create the neck seal for their MkVI suit (though mine is nowhere near as epic looking).

Quote Originally Posted by carpathiavh99 View Post
    Neck Seal

The neck seal was made from light black leather, crafted using a pattern given to me by Adam for contributing toward the migration of the 405th site to its new server a few years ago.
    Last edited by Carpathia; 09-27-2011 at 01:18 PM.

If I may, I've been having the hardest time scaling the boots and I wear a 10.5, can I ask how you've been scaling yours?
    Have you not met Will Turner? He's noble, heroic - terrific soprano. Worth at least four... maybe three and a half. And did I happen to mention... he's in love? With a girl.

Will, that is an on-going task for me as well. The first pair I built looked like they would be fine, but when I tried to put the front part over top of my boot (I'm using the HD 3-part boot BTW), the sides would not meet. So, I scaled the boot up and built again. This time, it's looking like the top fits over my boot fine, but it's looking somewhat big. I wear an 11 myself, so when I get the scale figured out for myself, remind me and I'll post its dimensions, since it should be pretty much the same for you. So, I guess the answer to your question is, trial and error.
    Last edited by Carpathia; 04-12-2012 at 05:17 PM.

That is an awesome neck seal! It really looks great, especially with the helmet on. I usually don't do this, but I was wondering if there was any way you could share that neck seal template? I have a bunch of vinyl material left over from my build, and I'm not 100% satisfied with the commercial off-the-shelf neck guard I purchased. This would be a great upgrade to my suit.

Your suit looks awesome! Your build is giving me motivation to finish my Mark VI helmet.
    "Lacedaemonii non moriuntur et iusti es absentis in actum!"
    "Amor patriae, et quod haec fecit obliviscar tui."