Excallibacca's Mark VI Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excallibacca

Jr Member
After about a week of pepping after work and on weekends, this is where I am. I've had to build two right forearms for sizing, and two upper arms. All these pieces fit and I'll be fiberglassing/resining this weekend.

Note. I have never done anything like this before. I welcome all criticism, whether you like it, or you're just being nice. ;)

IMG_9250.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

IMG_6155.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

Coming along.

Thanks, alot. I decided to do it without edge ID, because they mostly just get in the way. I am also using a CraftRobo. Just some stuff I forgot to mention.

I also made one calf today, but it was too small, and am now working the second calf. Very fun

Folds look very crisp, nice job. Make sure to add the visor in the Mark VI before you resin it to prevent any warping. Other than that, keep up the pace and good luck!

Fiberglassing this weekend as well as pic updates. Also, my buddy is an electrical engineer so we're drawing up a diagram to run all LED's into one rechargeable powerpack that will probably be built into the torso. With quick connects at all joints. If anyone is interested, I'll be uploading the diagram and perhaps a tutorial.

This is where I am pep-wise. Except I have the left shin and have started the left thigh. That chest is just Supertaco's size tester. Crappy pictures thanks to poor lighting and iPhone.

IMG_2491.jpg

Still haven't fiberglassed due to my reluctance to shave my beard to allow the respirator to form a seal.

I have hit a real impasse. I have made four right thighs now total. Width wise, they are not working at all. I am a weight lifter (huge leg muscles) and consequently, even though I am 6'4", they will be getting too long to wear if I make them any wider. Suggestions?

Wow, looking great so far! cant wait to see the rest of it!

Onto your question about the length/width to fit your calves, when you get to the fiber glassing/molding/detailing phase, do you think it would be possible to split the shin guards length wise and fill down the middle to give them enough girth? hopefully I have typed what I want in a way you can understand lol, lemme know if you need clarification.

I have hit a real impasse. I have made four right thighs now total. Width wise, they are not working at all. I am a weight lifter (huge leg muscles) and consequently, even though I am 6'4", they will be getting too long to wear if I make them any wider. Suggestions?

I have seen a few builds where people have added more cardstock to the inner part of the thigh to make it wider, your going to have to modify the pep before you harden it, I would just print up some of the inner thigh parts and add them where they will fit the best, then when you bondo you can hide the areas you had to mod,this is probably going to be your best bet, if I run across a thread where someone has done this I will send you a link to their thread

Adding more paper always helps, As well as making the inner thigh out of foam, leather, plaleather, or other soft flexible material. Then there is if there to long you can trim a few inches off the bottom and/or top. I have done a mix of materials for my thighs. And have used a mix of 3 dif files to make a custom shine to fit over my calves.

Thanks everybody for your ideas. I got so frustrated I just moved on to something else for awhile. I'll play around with all of these techniques and see what I like best.

Small update:

This weekend I have a wedding and Sunday and Monday it plans on raining. Those are my only days off.

So, now, I am starting on FlyingSquirrel's HD Chest. It scares the bejeezus out of me. Any pointers on this thing?

Thanks heaps for suggesting the silhouette sd to me, this will be a very valuable tool.
Bloody RSI's in both elbows and one developing in shoulders is really slowing my progress :(.

I've heard people saying to string the chest up and have it hanging while you work on it from top to bottom adding custom struts as you go along.

Been pepping my torso using the FlyingSquirrel model. Ugh. Seven hours and my Silhouette SD has everything cut and I am done with what you see in these pictures:

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

I did not, however, make that vacuum cleaner. That was Hoover's work and I will not take credit for it.

PROGRESS! I know the pictures are rough as they were taken with an iPhone in a mirror. My roommate isn't home and I just finished, ha. But you can get a good idea of the fit. Which is perfect.

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

Excuse my belly, I'm thinking going up 3cm in height on the helmet. Comments, thoughts, ideas?

Looks good. pep work looks clean. You might want to take the lower belt in a inch or so. It will be easier to do this now in paper form, and it will give you more room for arm swing.

Looks good. pep work looks clean. You might want to take the lower belt in a inch or so. It will be easier to do this now in paper form, and it will give you more room for arm swing.

Are you talking about my right side (the left side of the first picture)? If so, that was the side I had left unglued so I could slip into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back