Vigilnt snipers ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vigilnt sniper said:
If you guys would like a tutorial on how to build one of these please say so and i will make a tutorial for you all. :D

If you could make a tutorial that would be awesome, I've been interested in what I've heard about them

Ill draw up a tutorial and send it to you when i can. :D although you need to be willing to shell out around fourty dollars in supplies for it.....

Can't wait to see your first pull. Keep it up and awesome work! (love the tut on the vacform btw!)

no prob. :D anytime fudz. i still need to get some way to heat the plastic as my wife absolutely refuses to let me use the oven. :( that would have worked perfectly.......

sorry for the double post but i have some good news and some bad news

good news my vacuum former works well! :D

bad news it doesnt work with plexiglass well. :(

so i attempted a cast of an old piece of armor i had from hella long ago and these are the results.

Part to be modeled:
DSCN0716.jpg

Results 1:
DSCN0717.jpg

Results 2:
DSCN0718.jpg

As you can see it does work. just not well with thick plexi.

If anyone knows where to get the good plastic for vacuum formers (i think it was called petg) in clear please let me know so i can purchase some. preferable large sheets no thicker than .05

hey sorry for the double post but i gotta keep this thing alive.

I havnt had much time to do anything at all being as my daughters thirteenth birthday was this weekend and i recently started a new job. so i lost my baby, gained a teenager, and a new job.

will have some updates when i can

trip post FTW!

Asides from not having much time i have finished my vacuum former. this one is smaller and has a built in heating element.

Full view:
DSCN0736.jpg

Platene:
DSCN0737.jpg

Rear of platene:
DSCN0739.jpg

heating element:
DSCN0738.jpg

switch to heating element:
DSCN0740.jpg

This is the final version of my vacuum former. it is similar to the larger one i have however it has a single central hole, legs, and built in heat. the silver bars you see are the plastic holding aperatus. it will be mounted to rail tracks eventually. this machine uses 12"x24" sheets of .02 ABS or PETG.

if this works i will be able to vacuum form visors for many different helmets. hell ill sell them if i get it to work.

also if you need a copy of a certain part i will, for a small commision, vacuum form them for you if it actually works as it should.

thats all for now. as i said i dont have a lot of time. new job is a handfull and the now teenage daughter doesnt help any with her new 8th grade attitude.

cheers all. talk to you all on the flip side forum. XD

So I'm going to assume that the single central hole, as apposed to the many different ones? I've been lookining into making one to form the compound curve in the mi VI helmet, and all the sites I've looked at say mixed things about both. And from all the first hand vacuum forming that I've seen, a thin acrylic is the best

no love? cant blame you all. sorry bout the necro post but i just wanted to let you all know that i am still here and im still working on my armor. however i wont be as fast this time around. i have sooooooo much work. new job is time consuming. but i gotta pay the bills some way.

no love? cant blame you all. sorry bout the necro post but i just wanted to let you all know that i am still here and im still working on my armor. however i wont be as fast this time around. i have sooooooo much work. new job is time consuming. but i gotta pay the bills some way.

Yeah... school started last week and I went a little overboard with credits this semester so... I totally feel your pain. Nothing worse than having to work when you get the sudden itch to build some armor...*sigh*

ok. this build is being put on an indefinate hiatus as my wife is in the hospital with severe abdominal pain. like 9 out of 10. :( so dont expect anything in the near future. in fact mods please lock or delete as i might just scrap this all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back