First (third?) Mjolnir Mark VI WIP attempt (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero 11

Hi guys.

This is my progress at making a Mjolnilr Mark VI armor.

I had a lot of problems and almost gave up the whole project. Actually, the project was on hiatus almost during four months.

My greatest problem was motivational. I made two helmets last year, one of them was too small, and the other was warped beyond repair among a full fiberglassed chest.
Besides that, in my country everything have different names, for example, bondo is called merula, I couldn't find spot putty anywhere, etc.

So, before giving up, I decided to build a last helmet and a chest piece, following advices and tips from Adam, Longshot, Tactics and others members (noobs and pros) with a lot of experience.

The helmet was built using the hot glue technique, but it was a little weak, even with cardboard reinforcements. When the bondo began to fall apart (cracks everywhere) , I applied a little coat of fiberglass at the crucial spots and fixed the problem.

The left arm and chest piece were mudglassed inside, using fiberglass for support and a little of bondo for details. I believe the HD pieces doesn't need as many bondo as the low def pieces.

But well, this is my (third) helmet. I rushed at the end because I wanted to see it painted, that's why there are some... ahem... "battle scars" but I'm planning to add the damage details and black wash this weekend. Hopefully this will help to hide some of these imperfections.

001-a.jpg

001-c.jpg

001-d.jpg

This is my left arm, which also will be black washed this weekend.

001-e.jpg

Finally, this is my second chest piece, mudglassed, cut and ready to add the bondo details (merulear XD).

001-f.jpg

001-g.jpg

001-i.jpg

This is me with the helmet on. The scale seems fine.

001-j.jpg

Well, for now this is it. Right now I'm peping the right arm and getting ready for a long, long, long weekend.

See ya!

Thank so much for your comments !

I couldn't work on the damage details these days, so I decided to work only in the right arm and cleaning a little the chest piece because the smell was killing my parents.

This is the chest piece with the fiberglass excess removed with a dremel and a little of paper mache and baby powder for cleaning purposes.

I hope to begin the sad and long bondo process for the chest tomorrow.

002-a.jpg

002-b.jpg

I also finished peping the right shoulder and the right hand plate.

002-c.jpg

However, when I put both shoulders side by side I noticed a little problem with the left shoulder, which was already painted.

When I build this piece (months ago) I made a mistake and this "small" part was folded outside the main piece and it must be folded inside, just like the right shoulder.

002-e2.jpg

002-f.jpg

I know it is just a small and "innocent" detail, but because of this I was thinking to use a weapon to cover the difference , specifically a battle knife, similar to the one used by Fred in Halo Legends: The Package.

vlcsnap-2011-08-21-21h15m14s195.png

Well, that's all for now. See ya !!

Hi guys, sorry for the double post. It's time for the weekly update !

This week I couldn't (again) work on the chest details with bondo because my 1 year old nephew was staying with us, so, I decided to work in some of my pep models left.

I finished peping the right shin and thigh.

003-a.jpg

003-b.jpg

I noticed that multi colored cardboard paper packages (at least in my country) are a lot stronger than the white ones, making the whole peping process a lot easier. I'll use only these ones from now on.

I also build a couple of wooden pieces to hold the front and back chest pieces in place. This will help to distribute to overall weight when I put the plastic buckles on it.

003-c.jpg

003-d.jpg

On a side note, I began a collection of the Halo figures from Mcfarlane. They are really, really awesome !

This is my warthog, which arrived last friday with some Reach spartans. It was bigger and badder than I expected.

003-e.jpg

Next I'll begin with the right foot and the cod piece, and at last, I will finish with the whole scaling and measuring process.

Well, that's all for now, see ya !

Wow that warthog is awesome.

I might get one of those....

Also I see the Military police guy is out. Now I just gotta wait for Gungnir :D

Thanks !

I'm waiting for the master chief to arrive and probably will buy the six members of noble team on november when mcfarlane release the deluxe pack or sooner if I find them cheaper on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back