Iron Woman :) designing a custom iron woman build for the other half for halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eirth

Hi all, about 3 weeks ago i came across pepakura and was blown away by the quality of some peoples work. So right there i took it on myself to do some of this, I had a lot of the iron man upper half finished and one or two of the lower bits done only to find out I need a good bit of practise at fiberglassing... this was my work before i messed it all up...

001awq.jpg

002qc.jpg

so a bit down and over having to start most of it again i tried a smaller helmet on my girlfriend only to find it was a perfect match

004uos.jpg

so i thought i might be able to make an iron woman costume and build a his and hers set up for halloween. here was my sketch...

img0450xu.jpg

I plan on using the pep files i have for the shoulders, hands and head... the rest will be remolded from scratch so please let me know what you think

brest plate and cod piece done so far

frontgray.jpg

frontcolor.jpg

bodygray.jpg

backcolor.jpg

and here is the top build on my girlfriend

005rc.jpg

flies for build so far

hair spacer to go in back of helmet
http://www.4shared.com/file/4Lryt2ip/hair_spacer.html?

body front (do not use the back in this pep file as it had problems, so i remade it)
http://www.4shared.com/file/kEdNXISw/iron_man_female_chest_plate_ma.html?

body back
http://www.4shared.com/file/7vnAprj-/iron_man_female_back_plate_mad.html?

cod plate
http://www.4shared.com/file/P7Bv4ey4/iron_man_female_cod_plate_made.html?

wrist plate
http://www.4shared.com/file/XI8wcD46/iron_man_female_wrist_plate_ma.html?

I'll keep updating this as i do more work... just need to do a lot of fiberglassing runs untll i get good at it

That is very impressive! What a lucky girlfriend (and a lucky guy to have a girl who would want this). Hopefully it doesn't have the same fate as your first attempt. What exactly happened when you glassed it?

Thanks Overkill, will post up the files now in a sec, will mail them onto you too Sandy.

Not only am I a lucky guy Jonus, she's helping me do some of the work, were gonna push to get hers done first as i reckon it will be trickier seen as it's smaller, then make a move on mine and hope to get it all done by halloween :)

the problem i had with the fiberglass (I think) is i wasn't using enough hardener with the resin, causing the paper to soak it up, deform and then set hard in a warped distorted version of what i started with ( and this was just the outer coat).

So I'm using a bit more on my latest try and am also gonna give it a couple of coats of the outer resin before i fiber the inside. I had one that looked good on the out side and the weight of the cloth and resin inside then pulled the jaw to and extreme side. So just a bit under experience i think. It's all trial and error at the mo

That is seriously some awesome modeling and pep work. Great job!

I have to say, I was surprised to scroll down your photos and see your progress jump from 3D model to fully finished Pepped chest piece! Very nice work, looking forward to seeing progress on this.

Wow, that's some impressive work sir!! The finished pep product of the female piece is great!!

-Matt

I was just thinking... my wife got all excited at the thought of me making a Thor costume for Halloween... how awesome would it be if I used these files to make her Iron Woman? That would be so sick! I had suggested that she could be Black Widow, but she didn't care much for that because not many people would know that character.

I think she just might go for this, especially if she sees how great your girlfriend looks in the suit.

Thanks for sharing the files.

Really nice. I will have to make this for my wife. Can't wait to see the rest of the suit modeled.

Thanks all :) nice to get some good feedback... motivating me to do some more work :D

just fiber glassed resin'd the the out side of the helmet

img0461dy.jpg

img0460oo.jpg

img0455ly.jpg

and this is a little spacer i put in the (Sharkmark VI - Iron Man - Helmet - Unfolded by Dubean33) helmet to allow for my girls hair to come through the top like a ponytail :)
img0462j.jpg

Congrats on the successful resin job this time!

If I were doing the ponytail thing I think I'd do it a bit lower, but I guess it'd be up to the personal preference of the lady.

Thanks Jonus, I had thought a lot lower myself but she gave the orders to where she wanted it. I had no say in the end

here's my latest, sanded the outer coat of the helmet a bit much and wore through the paper in a few places, also used some body filler and sanded that too. It's not perfect but I have to say i'm pretty happy for a first go at all of the finishing work... think i'm gonna leave it a bit ruff and use some paint wash after the main coat to highlight the rough parts.... hopefully it will make it look battle scared

img0484jz.jpg

img0485m.jpg

img0489b.jpg

Nice work with the filler and cutting out the face plate. Are you planning on making some sort of hinge for it?

yep I plan on hinging it all right, thinking two from the either side of the top of of the face plate. have started to paint it too, I'm planing on leaving it very rough now and going out of my way to highlight the problems with a paint wash to make it look like I meant them lol :D.. if I'm gonna redo anything it will be the eyes. not sure I like how shabby they look. So might clean up the edging on them and try fit lights.

Here's the paint job so far... think I'll be finished tomorrow
img0494ww.jpg

img0493ax.jpg

img0496v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back