helo helm first attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

afa

Jr Member
here's my first attempt at a halo helmet, although i sort of cheated... I made a mold from the halo 3 legendary helmet, and what you see here is the result
afa12344e278c49dd926.jpg
afa12344e278c9414524.jpg

I had put 4 blue bright leds and a 2 way radio built into the helmet
though i started to build a helmet from pepakura now, already did an odst helm for practice, thanks to the fine people here at the 405th i have i hopes itll turn out great!
afa12344e3dc239c6c3c.jpg

well im not makin it to sell it, so i figure it is, i made that before i found this site, and that was the only way i could think to make it before

Not bad at all. Just dont use normal paper you you do it for real.

wait you made a mold from the legendary helmet? Is that legal?

Selling copies, definitely. Making a mold for personal use? I dont know. Possibly... maybe. That would be tampering with copyrighted stuff by microsoft and bungie, i could see it being bad. Just dont get caught haha

does it make that much of a difference?
oh i forgot, i made quite a few modifications to it because there were a couple things i didnt like about it, so its not completely like the legendary helm

Using card stock makes a HUGE difference. You may have a cool looking helmet now, but come time to resin and fiberglass, it'll be a pain to keep the original shape with simple copy paper. 110lb card stock paper is your best bet man.

i have heard that, but would that be any different than say, using construction paper, or a thin cardboard?

i have heard that, but would that be any different than say, using construction paper, or a thin cardboard?

I would skip the construction paper. I feel it would be to porous and would definitely sag (Depending on the quality). Thin cardboard would work fine, as long as you can get it through your printer.

I would skip the construction paper. I feel it would be to porous and would definitely sag (Depending on the quality). Thin cardboard would work fine, as long as you can get it through your printer.
well in regard to the cardboard, i was going to tack some regular printer paper to the cardboard, so no need to actually print it out *nods

You can try your construction paper out. Just take some, make a Pepakura cube with it (a file for that is part of the examples, I think) that has an edge length of maybe 20 cm, resin it and if it comes out of the process the way it went in, you're fine. But if this paper is what I think it is, I doubt it'll work.

Also be careful with really thick cardboard. If you plan to sand your model later, you may find that it wasn't completely soaked with resin and will get furry when you sand into it. That's not the end of the world and definitely better than a warped model, but it creates additional work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back