1shot1kill Intro/comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
young person?.... um, I'm an adult and I use adult language... If this forum chooses to enact '1984' style newspeak censorship over words than I'm out. I understand that there are younger members on this forum but I'm not going to say anything that you can't hear on TV, on the street, or other places in a persons daily life. If words and language offend someone (when not used as derogatory or in hate-speech) i suggest that the offended person grow the f∐¢k up. There is genocide and murder going on in the word, rape is used as a tool of terrorism in the congo, libya is in a civil-war along with half the middle east. Throughout the world innocent people are being slaughtered. There is a flooding along new-england where lives have been lost. Joplin Mo is still in rubble... BUT there is hope... because the language police are out to make certain that F-bombs are not uttered... I can sleep well tonight knowing that big-brother is looking after these forums....

As for the young person deal, I'm pretty sure it was just a joke.

As for the language, couldn't you get your point across very easily without the use of an F-bomb, I mean you could have wrote "If I screwed it up" etc, and it would have been exactly the same, but safe for the younger members eyes. Sure curses do help do get a point across in some situations but they aren't absolutely necessary, plus, with no curses here, it makes the forums seem much more mature and civil. Even when not used as derogatory terms however, curses still have their "bad" meanings and even when used in a different context, it means the same thing as when it's used in a derogatory or hateful way. Funny that you mentioned 1984 however, I just read it last week, great book.

Back on topic however, awesome T51-b, I'm a huge fan of Fallout but have never been a huge fan of the T51 models, you may have just changed my mind. Nice work!

Watch your language it will get you quickly banned. You should change the op. Nice builds so far, and if you think you should use adult language, theres no need really.

If words and language offend someone (when not used as derogatory or in hate-speech) i suggest that the offended person grow the f∐¢k up.
No offense to you "sir", but if you are an adult I believe you know how to follow rules. That is part of being a "grown up". One of the rules on this forum is no foul language. So you can choose to follow these rules or get reprimanded for not doing so and your stay here won't be much more than the few posts you currently have. It's your choice.

young person?.... um, I'm an adult and I use adult language... If this forum chooses to enact '1984' style newspeak censorship over words than I'm out. I understand that there are younger members on this forum but I'm not going to say anything that you can't hear on TV, on the street, or other places in a persons daily life. If words and language offend someone (when not used as derogatory or in hate-speech) i suggest that the offended person grow the **** up. There is genocide and murder going on in the word, rape is used as a tool of terrorism in the congo, libya is in a civil-war along with half the middle east. Throughout the world innocent people are being slaughtered. There is a flooding along new-england where lives have been lost. Joplin Mo is still in rubble... BUT there is hope... because the language police are out to make certain that F-bombs are not uttered... I can sleep well tonight knowing that big-brother is looking after these forums....

That's all well and good but there are rules for this forum, that you agreed to follow when you signed up.

So follow the rules.

The other things you mentioned do not at all concern what happens on the 405th. There are plenty of places on the web where you can address those tragedies with foul language. We are here to build armor, and discuss building armor, and to abide by the rules as posted when doing so.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/11045-Forum-Infractions-Warnings-and-Offenses
Unacceptable Conduct: These are more severe offenses and will be handled with formal warnings. Do any of these one too many times and you'll find yourself banned from the forums.

-Sexual and/or Vulgar Language, Discussion of Drug Use, or Other Unadvised Content

-Flaming or Arguing of Any Kind

-Degrading Personal Remarks

-Destructive Criticism

-Trolling

-Mass Spam

And please don't try to make this a stand against long-held rules on the site. There is no foul language allowed, period. Just accept it, move on, and continue posting what looks like an excellent start to pepakura progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other things you mentioned do not at all concern what happens on the 405th. There are plenty of places on the web where you can address those tragedies with foul language. We are here to build armor, and discuss building armor, and to abide by the rules as posted when doing so.
Joplin Mo is still in rubble... BUT there is hope... because the language police are out to make certain that F-bombs are not uttered
Well spoke, listen to the mod. And for the record, i have friends who live in Joplin, dont even joke about that.

Nice pep work by the way...

The brotherhood of steel helm looks fantastic, even the pep looks soo smooth...
(Didn't play much Fallout3 so i might be wrong about the name.)

I hope we can get along, but i gotta say, I'm loosing my confidence of this forum and it's stance on limiting free speech. My origional intentions were to make my first post, give you guys a hi, a little back story, show that I've been reading up on this and have something to being to the table. I wasn't trying to piss anyone off (is that allowed?) or start a two page argument over one 4-letter word. Maybe going to Iraq and being a real soldier puts you life in perspective. I'm not trying to start anything but I can't justify rolling over on this. I'm going to say my peace and either we can agree to go our seperate ways or agree to move on and not repeat this 2page childish game of hand-slapping. This isnt' the only forum on the web, and the brewing forum doesn't censor.

A) I grew up in joplin. I'm not jokeing at all!
B) Your use of the term of "sexual and volgur" is extremely open to personal interoperation. I'm not trying to split hairs or be "flaming or arguing of any kind"with you guys but I don't consider what I said wrong, "sexual or volgur" at all. What with that vagueness and room for interpretation I wouldn't be surprised if someone says I AM breaking "flaming or arguing of any kind". *Heck* what about a "Thats what she said" joke?(is that allowed?) I hear & say those all the time everyday.
If i said "F U" then I would agree that would be wrong, but to "F up"? I dont' get it. I hear worse S on TV!!
c) This is hardly an armor building site. The people who are actually hoping to make armor (for paintball or airsoft) get "Destructive Criticized" and argued with over what they are doing. I thought this as more of a costume building site, unless there is a chain-mail post too. The thread "the hunt against airsoft/paintball armour builds" pretty much sums up this point.

d) Thank those of you for the compliments I've also working on a carbon fiber vacuum process too which if works out would be sweet! I'm going to make use the T-51 b to make the molds from.

E) i *can* use other language in the future but I'm not sure if i want to be on here if this is the warm welcoming and attitudes of the majority of the members. After all, having to censor ones self and change to some arbitrary rule is unethical in both my eyes and also all of my favorite philosphers. Here is what John Stuart Mill has to say on the topic:
"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Either we can be adults about this and move on or a mod can delete/lock this entire thread.

1shot1kill

My origional intentions were to make my first post, give you guys a hi, a little back story, show that I've been reading up on this and have something to being to the table.

A) I grew up in joplin. I'm not jokeing at all!

c) This is hardly an armor building site. The people who are actually hoping to make armor (for paintball or airsoft) get "Destructive Criticized" and argued with over what they are doing. I thought this as more of a costume building site, unless there is a chain-mail post too. The thread "the hunt against airsoft/paintball armour builds" pretty much sums up this point.

E) i *can* use other language in the future

Either we can be adults about this and move on or a mod can delete/lock this entire thread.
If you had actually read the rules you would know that those kind of threads arnt allowed

A. For all we know you could have been born in Antarctica

C. We are against paintball armor and airsoft armor because the 405th can be held accountable if the person gets hurt.

E. using another language will solve nothing.

You are the one not acting like an Adult if you want us to move on then dont bring up the subject.

You need to respect us and the Mods.

If you dont like it then leave. Its honestly not a big deal to me, you know the rules. Go by them. Other than that dont bash the rules, it wont end well.. we will not tolerate your kind here.

What ruze said before, keep this up and you will be banned.

We respect you for serving our country. I'm sure most of us don't have your perspective of being a real soldier. But please don't disrespect the other war veterans here who would not use that as the reason for speaking the F word. Most of us here know who is Ithica. He just came back from Iraq. I have been a member of 405th for almost 2 years now and I have never heard one F word coming from him. Too bad he is no longer active here (for personal reason). I'm sure if he reads your response, you will get to see his perspective.

I have a perspective that you may never have - to love and respect anyone around you because every minute past could be your last minute. On 9/11 I was in the city not knowing if I can ever go back to my wife and my new born son. On that very day, every New Yorkers kept their cool - no one cursed and ran amok. Here we respect each other by setting up rules. Very simple to follow. If you don't like it, you are welcome to leave. You wont' be missed.

"I hope I've clarified things. The important thing for you to remember, Montag, is we're the Happiness Boys, the Dixie Duo, you and I and the others. We stand against the small tide of those who want to make everyone unhappy with conflicting theory and thought. We have our fingers in the dike. Hold steady. Don't let the torrent of melancholy and drear philosophy drown our world. We depend on you. I don't think you realize how important you are, to our happy world as it stands now." Fahrenheit 451

I have a real life to get to . Have fun in your gray painted censored bubble. I hope all the other people lurking around the forum unsure if they want to introduce themselves read this and see all of you-alls true colors .

Yes they will see that this is not a Wild West and that rules that they're expected to follow will be enforced.

You can say whatever you want about freedom of speech but this is a PRIVATELY OWNED forum, which means that BOARD RULES are what apply here. It does not matter one bit what other forums let fly, rules are rules! And the rules that are here are pretty much what the rules are at all the major prop and costuming sites.

And also there are plenty of servicemen here whose posts I don't have to go in and clean up for not abiding the rules so that is a pretty weak point.

Closing this up as there's nothing else to say. Thanks for playing.

First amendment rights are not protected on privately held property, and this website and associated forums are very much privately owned and operated. Therefore, the rules we put in place are fully within our rights to enforce. The interpretation of the 1st Amendment simply does not apply in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back