ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquid6

Hey everyone....I'm kinda nervous about posting what i have done so far, but i guess thats the way it is right? This is going to be a full on ODST build, my first, i hope to make it look as great as some of the others that i have seen on here, and not only the other ODST builds, but all of you have been quite an inspiration.
the helmet is the Rookie Helmet by Rundown, i hope that the credit is going to the right person, if not please let me know and i will fix it. i have a coat of resin on so far, it was a really rough build, i made two others of the same one that i tossed, but this was the best out of the three, i can only gain experience from this. i welcome all comments and suggestions..Thanks!

IMG_0371.jpg
[/IMG]

well, it's rundown's alright. im using the same, i messed up my first, pretty satisfied with my second. maybe it was my impatientness that messed things up. but now. i took my time and concentrate. so if your not satisfied with that. take note on the things you think you got wrong. and compare it. only IF your gonna make a second one, but hey. thats a nice start! and its cool that you're an ODST :3 gudluck bro!

that looks really good for a your first helmet. i also plan on completing a full odst suit from rundown's files, and i just finished hardening my first helmet today. if you have any problems feel free to send me a message, and maybe i can help....... soooo race you to the finish! lol

ok so i have an update to this (i hope im posting this the right way, i checked the search feature and the noob forum, so if not, please direct me to where the answer lies :) )

so, unfortunately the helmet hat i had been working on took a nasty fall and the whole front cracked and broke, really upset about that, but then i stumbled upon a fella by the name of Hugh Holder and his wonderful files, so i made yet another helmet. this one is by far the easiest, and the best that i have done, well done sir! I also have a bunch of your stuff printed out waiting to be put together, and the binder clips work awesome!!

IMG_0397.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0398.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0399.jpg
[/IMG]

awesome, as iv seen before, you remember your first, and quickly learn from your mistakes. also, awesome tattoos!

heres an update.

still need to fix some things, im using the black marker as a guide for myself. I'm going to build out the ear areas this week.
IMG_0404.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0402.jpg
[/IMG]

i ilke to call this one "backup" its a bit bigger than the standard issue.
IMG_0406.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0410.jpg

heres what i got done this weekend. still need to finish the shin/knee
IMG_0415.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks dude! i got one of the shoulders done last night too, gonna do the other this evening, and maybe start the other leg armor

well this isnt really an update, but i have to put this on the back burner for awhile...being unemployed and being extremely depressed at times, i dont have the resources nor the energy to complete my build at this time. hopefully soon things will work out and i can continue this, and continue to contribute to this great community.

Liquid I'm sorry to hear about things... I hope things turn around soon for you. And remember we're always here for you. Your helmet looks like it's off to a great start.

thanks man....i've still been doing alittle bit here and there, just to make myself feel like im not abandoning this all together...ill post up some pics soon

Same thing happened to me for a bit. My suggestion is to remember what you love to do and just forget the rest of the world for a little while, even if it's for only an hour at a time. This helped me out substantially and led me to pick up modeling again. Either way, best of luck on the build, it is looking amazing so far.

anyone have ideas. methods on making the chest harness? i kinda wasted a pack of foam trying to make it.

good news!!! i have employment set up next week so i hopefully in a few i can start building again!!!! stay tuned........

....sorry for the double post :)

Liquid,

Excellent progress so far man!

Sorry to hear about your problems but you should really stick with this, I'm just finishing my ODST and i gota say its a great feeling!

In regards to youre questions about the chest core, you should check out Rino's ODST build, he has break downs of the way he put the foam together. In addition feel free to look at my build because i think i have a few pics of how i put the chest core together, If I dont just ask and i can get you some shots of the interior.

Well man hope this helped. Congrats on your new employment and keep up the good work. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions as well.

See you dirt side trooper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back