RoxyRoo's Reach Build + Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome progress! The ab plates are look great especially since you did that just freehand. Everytime I look in on this thread I feel like I really need to step up on my armor production...

In fact, I think I'll go make a thigh now :p

woooah that ab plate looks awesome!! And I totally know what you mean about wanting to wear a piece around after you finish it. :D I'm amazed that you were able to get the EVA foam to bend so well! Did you glue it onto your undersuit to get it to stay? Or are you making it a separate piece (attached to the cod piece and stuff) like some other people do?

PS If I may ask, do you know what color you are goingto paint your build ? :O

I'm amazed that you were able to get the EVA foam to bend so well! Did you glue it onto your undersuit to get it to stay? Or are you making it a separate piece (attached to the cod piece and stuff) like some other people do?

I am also curious how the foam is keeping its shape. Whatever you did, it looks super cool! The depth to the pieces is great.

:D I'm amazed that you were able to get the EVA foam to bend so well! Did you glue it onto your undersuit to get it to stay? Or are you making it a separate piece (attached to the cod piece and stuff) like some other people do?

PS If I may ask, do you know what color you are goingto paint your build ? :O

I use a heat gun and when it's been heated I squish, pull, rub the foam in areas that needs to be "bent" in whatever direction I need it to go. I repeat it until it keeps it shape. I attach it only to itself in the back with velcro. It sits there on my hips without having to do anything more to it. >.> Tis the wonders of correct size and forming. <33 As for color, I'm doing Burnt Orange as the main color, and dark Red for the Detailing, and white for the highlights.

I'm going for this, what my multiplayer looks like. (Although, I'm still debating the helmet and shoulder pieces.)

Screenshot2011-12-21at22640PM.png

I'm working on my cod piece tonight. I may post again soon with updates.

Wow just looking at the picture you have I can tell this is going to be a really nice looking suit and paint job. Never thought of doing that for foam but it looks like it really does help with shaping. Keep up the good work on this costume.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow roxy, looking pretty sharp there.
I know the feeling about wanting to strut around, i did that with my helmet. I even went and saw my mom at work lol. She laughed. :)
I love the way the armor is turning out. Keep up the great work.

That under suit is really taking off. I'm watching closely in hopes of picking up some tips. So far it awesome work.

- I never see orange suits. I love orange :D
I know, right? Orange is an under-loved color.

MRAWR UPDATE!!!! D8

Here I am at 2:30 AM. Apparently middle-of-the-night updates is how I roll. =p

Here is my cod belt, yo! I did this whole thing free hand; making my own patterns and such. Took abooouuutt... 3 days. Mostly because of the tailbone protector (butt piece). Stupid thing is more complicated than it needs to be. The cod is made up of 4 pieces, the front, 2 sides and the back. The sides are made from a base of EVA foam and a layer of craft foam over them. You can see the grey peeking out from the rectangular holes on the sides. The pieces are held together by straps on the underside and a clip on the back. I'll be adding a tiny bit more to it later.

Photoon2012-02-28at0223.jpg

Photoon2012-02-28at02232.jpg

Photoon2012-02-28at02233.jpg

Up next is the spiiiiiiine <3

This is starting to look truly amazing. I love how you use the craft foam to keep the build looking really clean. You and LilTyrant are doing some sweet work on under suits a swell. I am going to have a go at one however I'm no tailor but you girls have inspired me to just go for it.

Dang that is really coming along like drack said I like how you got it to look so clean with the craft foam. Cant wait to see the finished project.

wow the cod is free handed? I would have never guessed!! It looks amazing, and it works really really well with the ab, undersuit detail you did.

Honestly, everytime that I look at foam work (especially yours) I think "how the heck did they do that!"

This is starting to look truly amazing. I love how you use the craft foam to keep the build looking really clean. You and LilTyrant are doing some sweet work on under suits a swell. I am going to have a go at one however I'm no tailor but you girls have inspired me to just go for it.

I love LilTyrant's thread! I think it's awesome we both have undersuits going. I'm doing the liveaction version and she's doing the game version. I love watching her progress to see how she's going about it. But yeah, you should go for it! I'd give you my patterns for the undersuit, but I'm a girl so it wouldn't fit you. lol I gots lady hips.

wow the cod is free handed? I would have never guessed!! It looks amazing, and it works really really well with the ab, undersuit detail you did.

Honestly, everytime that I look at foam work (especially yours) I think "how the heck did they do that!"

Thanks. ^^ I think the same when I see pep builds. I can't imagine working with bondo..
I draw patterns while looking at references, copy the pattern onto foam and keep in mind the different layers that are needed. I should record myself.. I keep forgetting!

Thanks. ^^ I think the same when I see pep builds. I can't imagine working with bondo..
I draw patterns while looking at references, copy the pattern onto foam and keep in mind the different layers that are needed. I should record myself.. I keep forgetting!

you should totally make a video! I think It would help for 405thers to understand the foam process just a little bit better :D -since there is no set in stone way of doing foam builds.

I agree with Anna. I am going to do some vids on my technique but would be good to see how you do yours cause I love how your suit looks.

I so wish I had time to come out and see this in person. Itlooks amazing! With those belly plates it really looks like armour. I need to get to work on mine for sure, but not before I get to see yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back