RoxyRoo's Reach Build + Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super awesomeness! Love your build, too...every piece you add just gets cooler and cooler! Can't wait to see moooore :)

Looks awesome. Is it a easy pattern? I keep running into the hip pads being to big for the Cod belt. Maybe I should try you're method instead of trying to do shorts that go up into the stomach plate. Any who. Love you're work.

WOW, i never would have thought the cod piece was freehand. Great work on it, I am enjoying this thread for sure, its giving me great ideas for when i decide to do foam lol.

Looks awesome. Is it a easy pattern? I keep running into the hip pads being to big for the Cod belt. Maybe I should try you're method instead of trying to do shorts that go up into the stomach plate. Any who. Love you're work.

Yes, it is an easy pattern. Compared to everything else in the armor anyway. But you should make your ab plate first, and then make your cod piece? That's what i did so i didn't have to worry about sizing issues.

UPDATE TIIIIIIMME!

As you can see, I put my armor on my mannequin, which came in soooo handy when making my spine. Yup. I got the spine done! Okay, before you nit pick, I went ahead and did the Live Action version. My suit is mostly the live action one anyway. Also, I have a very long torso. I tried making a pattern for the game version, but the spinal plates were so elongated it just looked ridiculous. >.> This took me 3 days in my free time.

Photoon2012-03-02at0033.jpg

Photoon2012-03-02at00332.jpg

I AM ON FAIYAH!!! 8DD

I think I can finally move on to the thighs.. or maybe the boots. Which one should I do first?? Thighs or Boots?!

** PS: i made a video of how I made the spine. I'll be putting it on youtube once i have time to properly edit it, seeing as it took me hours and hours...

I don't know about anybody else, but I can't see anything to nit-pick. I would say definitely worthy of elite status upon completion.

I have to agree with bradon this is truly beautifully. One of the best halo suits I have seen, including glassed. Keep up the awesome work and look forward to the day this gets "Elite" :)

All hands for this to go to elite when done? *raises hands*
I like how you did the spine, looks really good with the rest of the armor. And in anwer to which you should do next, i think maybe the boots so once you are finished with those you will have a good idea of where thigh placement should be :) Keep up the great work.

p.s. is that zelda shiled one you made by chance?? just curious.

* Raises Hand to elite section* For the detail alone.

Looking awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree with every one else. This is elite worthy material. The armor by itself looks great, but the all the undersuit add on's along with the other small details really take it over the top. You should really be proud of yourself Roxy. Job well done! :D

Oh, and I think you should work your way down and do the thighs next, but that's just me.:)

that.looks.incredible
elite status for sure!! I mean honestly, I am in shock! That has got to be the best spine I've ever seen anyone do! Also I really like that you are basing it off of the live action costume, since those have the extra details that most people don't see on in game models.

as far as boots/thighs go, I would say maybe do the thighs since you are kind of working your way down the suit? It might help you put bottom half of the costume in proportion if you go from top to bottom. But that is just my opinion.

And yes, you are on fire, I mean seriously you are whipping this costume out so fast!

edit: can't wait for the vid to see how you did the pattern!

Wow I- I am speechless at how utterly amazing at how this build is coming along. I can not see a single thing wrong with this build it is simply beautiful it is going to look amazing when finished. Like the others I also feel that this should go Elite when it is done.

Keep up the good work.

hahahah I totally know how you feel, sometimes only drawings can express how you feel!
Also lold at the cute comic <3, you draw very clean lines by the way! All of my tablet drawings are all sketchy-lined xD

That is just brilliant! Came home from a 10 hour shift (no break) feeling rather Drained. Checked my emails for subscriptions and yours was there as always. Up came your strip and it washed away all my worries, wish I could use my artistic skills to express my self in the same way. I am loving everything you do now, this thread has to be my favourite. Thank you for giving us the pleasure :)

.....I've been pepping for more than 4 years...And you're better than me... *instant respect* Definately worth elite.

Hot Buttered Lugnuts, now thats an elite build if I've ever seen one. Wow I heart accuracy and detail so you win this one.

I love that comic :p like Drack this is now one of my favorite threads on the forum. Amazing costume, amazing artist, amazing... EVERYTHING. It is threads like this that remind me why I make costumes and enjoy this community. Keep up this purely incredible build and keep on keeping on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back