Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Blog Entries
    Jan 22, 2013, 2:19 AM - #26

i just checked out the link on your helmet blackula, at ending it was over fifteen hundred! that's amazing and that's because you did it. good job my man, maybe some day i will be able to join on helping a wonderful charity out. once again, great work.
  2. Jan 22, 2013, 8:45 AM - #27

Thank you all! And special thanks to Longshot.

What many people don't know is we ended up having to make 2 total helmets. THe first helmet got cracked by the shipping company and we were scrambling to correct it.

With that said, LongShot volunteered to help out and fix the first one while I made a second just in case the first one could not be salvaged. we were racing to get the initial auction bidder their helmet. With that said, Kevin was able to fix the first before I could finish the second.

I did however finish the second, but we had already made good with the first, so we had an extra helmet. Thats when Laird and I decided to give the second to bungie to give out through the bungie foundation as they decided.

It's been a while since then, but I am thankful that it made it to the child. This is what I was hoping had happened with the second helmet. I'm proud to be part of such an amazing community.

-Tony
  3. Feb 2, 2013, 7:56 AM - #28

Awesome story. It's nice to see how a community can come together to help others. A great example of how something as small as a Helmet, can be such a big thing in someones life.