Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. BLACKULA727's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    1,146
    Sep 6, 2011, 1:55 PM - Childs Play Charity Helmet By BLACKULA727 #1



    Good Afternoon everyone, I wanted to share with you a special project I was working on at the end of last month.

    I contacted Laird Maclean about donated a completed helmet for the online Auction that he puts together. With that said, here is what I came up with.

    Video (Please forgive my low budget video):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tonF19Z8UWM

    Build Pictures:

    Castings





    Prep & Paint





    Stuff going into it



    Final













    I want to give special thanks to everyone who helped me accomplish this.

    3D Modeler & Reference Pictures
    RUZE789

    LEDs & wiring Instruction:
    Thatdecade (He also donated the LEDS & Parts needed to complete this, Thanks again my man)
    http://www.westaby.net/

    Molding & Casting Help:
    ITHICA
    Ben Streeper
    Brandon McClain

    Other:
    405th forum for all that I’ve learned and all the constructive criticism that went into creating the initial model. Without this community I would not have been able to achieve the end result.

    Additional info:
    Childs Play Charity

    Currently, the helmet is on its way to Laird Maclean and should arrive soon. Hopefully with no issues.

    Thanks for viewing & thanks for being an awesome community that I am proud to say I belong to.

    -Tony
    Last edited by BLACKULA727; Sep 7, 2011 at 7:58 AM.
  2. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Messages
    11
    Sep 6, 2011, 2:14 PM - #2

    That is so amazing Tony. And for such a wonderful cause. I really hope the charity is successful in their fundraising.

    Question, where did you get the helmet inserts? Are they something you can get often?

    Again, beautiful work on the helmet.
  3. BLACKULA727's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    1,146
    Sep 6, 2011, 2:21 PM - #3

    Originally Posted by Spartan Dad View Post
    That is so amazing Tony. And for such a wonderful cause. I really hope the charity is successful in their fundraising.

    Question, where did you get the helmet inserts? Are they something you can get often?

    Again, beautiful work on the helmet.
    Thank you! I ordered a standard XL motorcycle liner for the helmet. This one is by HJC (Helmet liner + Cheek pads).

    Thanks again my man.

    -Tony
  4. Nintendude is offline Nintendude
    Sep 6, 2011, 2:27 PM - #4

    I stalked this, I mean I followed this on Facebook and I'm totally impressed. I have one question what are you using for a helmet liner in the top of the helmet?
  5. BLACKULA727's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    1,146
    Sep 6, 2011, 2:37 PM - #5

    Originally Posted by Nintendude View Post
    I stalked this, I mean I followed this on Facebook and I'm totally impressed. I have one question what are you using for a helmet liner in the top of the helmet?

    I went with the following, maybe not from these sellers, but basically, this is what I bought from Amazon:

    HJC Liner

    &

    Cheek Pads

    Thanks for e-stalking, I mean viewing...lol
    -Tony
  6. 405th Southern Regiment Member vshore100's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Messages
    1,717
    vshore100's Xbox Gamertag Vshore100
    Sep 6, 2011, 3:19 PM - #6

    Tony, this truly is something special. Though I have never met you in person, I am still proud to call you my friend. This is the kind of stuff the 405th is made of. Period!
  7. BLACKULA727's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    1,146
    Sep 6, 2011, 3:45 PM - #7

    Originally Posted by vshore100 View Post
    Tony, this truly is something special. Though I have never met you in person, I am still proud to call you my friend. This is the kind of stuff the 405th is made of. Period!
    Thank you Vshore! I appreciate it, I definitely feel the same. Be good!
  8. JBetts97's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Messages
    1,540
    Blog Entries
    4
    Sep 6, 2011, 4:32 PM - #8

    Awesome man! Great cause too!
  9. Turbo93's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Messages
    49
    Sep 6, 2011, 4:37 PM - #9

    Very very nice! you definitely nailed the paint, and alot more details other than that too! this is for sure an amazing helmet!
    Last edited by Turbo93; Sep 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM.
  10. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    12
    Sep 6, 2011, 7:35 PM - #10

    It looks awesome, just for reference my name is pronounced like saying "layered". Also the helmet is only half completed. What does that mean? Well there are still surprises left in store for this helmet and the 405th unitity project helmet. Will keep you guys updated as the date counts down to the launch.
  11. got armour's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Messages
    1,170
    Sep 6, 2011, 8:02 PM - #11

    This is for such a great cause
  12. Pipinacan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Messages
    704
    Sep 6, 2011, 8:05 PM - #12

    this looks so delicious! incredible job good sir! but you should of stuck a pic of the child's play controller on the thread!
  13. ShadoKat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Messages
    308
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sep 6, 2011, 10:41 PM - #13

    Originally Posted by vshore100 View Post
    Tony, this truly is something special. Though I have never met you in person, I am still proud to call you my friend. This is the kind of stuff the 405th is made of. Period!
    So weird... just before I read this post I was thinking the EXACT SAME THOUGHT!! Almost verbatim! Seriously, Blackula, this makes my heart happy.
  14. thatdecade's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Messages
    918
    Sep 7, 2011, 7:28 AM - #14

    Good work Tony, I love the way it all turned out.
  15. BLACKULA727's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    1,146
    Sep 7, 2011, 9:08 AM - #15

    Originally Posted by JBetts97 View Post
    Awesome man! Great cause too!
    Thanks Jbetts, I appreciate the comment. Just trying to give back a little.

    Originally Posted by Turbo93 View Post
    Very very nice! you definitely nailed the paint, and alot more details other than that too! this is for sure an amazing helmet!
    Thanks Turbo! I try..lol

    Originally Posted by Laird View Post
    It looks awesome, just for reference my name is pronounced like saying "layered". Also the helmet is only half completed. What does that mean? Well there are still surprises left in store for this helmet and the 405th unitity project helmet. Will keep you guys updated as the date counts down to the launch.
    Oops! my bad, I'll get it right next time! I can't wait for the surprise, tell me now!!! J/K, I can wait. Looking forward to it.

    Originally Posted by got armour View Post
    This is for such a great cause
    Thanks man, I definitely like to do things like this, ver rewarding.

    Originally Posted by Pipinacan View Post
    this looks so delicious! incredible job good sir! but you should of stuck a pic of the child's play controller on the thread!
    Woah, My bad bro ham, check out the updated post!! Anyways, you're right, definitely should have put that there...lol. Thanks for viewing and thanks for the great comments my man!

    Originally Posted by ShadoKat View Post
    So weird... just before I read this post I was thinking the EXACT SAME THOUGHT!! Almost verbatim! Seriously, Blackula, this makes my heart happy.
    Lol, thank you ShadoKat! I don't know if you are familiar with a show on Nick Jr. called Ni Hao Kai Lan, but one of the character's sayings is "This makes my heart feel super happy" lol, thats what I heard when I read your comment. BTW, my kids watch it, not me..lol. Anyways, I appreciate the comments.

    Originally Posted by thatdecade View Post
    Good work Tony, I love the way it all turned out.
    Well, I really appreciate people like yourself. You gave without any question and you really didn't know me other than from the forums, I appreciate the trust. I also appreciate that as a community, we are willing to pull together to help one another achieve something like this.

    Thanks again everyone, for viewing this Thread!

    Keep building 405thers!

    -Tony
  16. New Recruit
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Messages
    40
    Sep 7, 2011, 11:03 AM - #16

    what a great cause 405th will really be famous if we'll be like this
  17. Liq's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Messages
    588
    Blog Entries
    2
    Sep 7, 2011, 4:17 PM - #17

    I said it in your elite thread, and I'll say it here...I love your paint work, and the helmet is gorgeous. You are truly a talented artist.
  18. Dh748's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Messages
    528
    Blog Entries
    2
    Sep 7, 2011, 5:13 PM - #18

    Thats a great helmet man, And its for a great cause hope they love it!
  19. BlueFreeze128's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Messages
    123
    BlueFreeze128's Xbox Gamertag BlueFreeze128
    Sep 7, 2011, 9:39 PM - #19

    you did a fantastic job on your helmet! who am i kidding, you always do for all your projects ^_^ and it's great that it's going to a cause like this
  20. BLACKULA727's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    1,146
    Sep 9, 2011, 6:29 PM - #20

    Originally Posted by Liq View Post
    I said it in your elite thread, and I'll say it here...I love your paint work, and the helmet is gorgeous. You are truly a talented artist.
    Thanks a lot Liq! I appreciate it and it means a lot coming from you. I can't wait to see what you come out with next my man!

    Originally Posted by Dh748 View Post
    Thats a great helmet man, And its for a great cause hope they love it!
    Thanks man, hopefully it helps out the cause.

    Originally Posted by BlueFreeze128 View Post
    you did a fantastic job on your helmet! who am i kidding, you always do for all your projects ^_^ and it's great that it's going to a cause like this
    Thanks man, I appreciate that the community likes it and hopefully this will inspire more to do the same.

    Truthfully I was inspired by the veterans, I remember seeing Sean Bradley's and thinking I would like to do that to one day. That's why I put the child's play logo on the same cheek as Sean's ODST. Basicly, To pay homage to that build.

    Thanks again guys!
  21. BLACKULA727's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    1,146
    Dec 12, 2011, 8:26 AM - #21

    I just wanted to give the heads up to the community, that the auction has begun on the Child's Play Charity helmet. Hopefully it generates some cash for the cause.

    You can view it here:

    Carter Commando Helmet for Child's Play Charity
    Also, Check out the rest of the Auctions items Here:

    Child's Play Charity Auction Stuff

    Again, I want to thank all the members who played a part in making this happen. I wish the auction well and hope all the items can generate the needed donation money for the charity.

    Keep building 405!

    -Tony
    Last edited by BLACKULA727; Dec 12, 2011 at 2:04 PM.
  22. Sky_Walker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    336
    Blog Entries
    6
    Dec 12, 2011, 9:11 AM - #22

    Your work never sieses to amaze me man... And for an excellent reason. What paint do you use? The quality of it is outstanding!
  23. BLACKULA727's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Messages
    1,146
    Dec 12, 2011, 9:21 AM - #23

    Originally Posted by Sky_Walker View Post
    Your work never sieses to amaze me man... And for an excellent reason. What paint do you use? The quality of it is outstanding!

    Lol, thanks man. I basically use whatever I can find at the depot. However, I have some pictures handy...lol

    Periwinkle Blue



    Don't know the color name, but this was the color used for the base color of the attachment



    Accent colors





    The secondary Black color



    Front vents and side cheek detail and dry brushing scratches



    Metal thingies on top and left/right side of helm



    Not pictured:

    White for the CP logo

    I also used some flat black acrylic paint for black washing

    & Clear to seal the whole thing up

    I hope that helps.

    Thanks for the comment Skywalker, I appreciate it.

    Tony
  24. 405th Pacific Regiment Member LongShot-X's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2010
    Messages
    1,260
    LongShot-X's Xbox Gamertag LongShot XX
    Jan 21, 2013, 12:48 PM - #24

    I do apologize for the necro post.

    This is a heart warming story. An example of what "Honor, Armor and Unity" can achieve from the 405th community, Bungie, Child's play and many others that contributed to this project.

    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/20/bu...p-in-pictures/

  25. Morphine's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Messages
    192
    Jan 21, 2013, 5:37 PM - #25

    Originally Posted by LongShot-X View Post
    I do apologize for the necro post.

    This is a heart warming story. An example of what "Honor, Armor and Unity" can achieve from the 405th community, Bungie, Child's play and many others that contributed to this project.

    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/20/bu...p-in-pictures/

    I did see this on reddit yesterday. So awesome a company could be some humbling. Now, for 343i to continue the legacy ...

Similar Threads

  1. Child's Play Charity Mark V Helmet COLAB W/ ROOSTERTEETH
    By xSURR3NDERx in forum New Recruits
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 27, 2012, 2:10 AM
  2. 405th/Child's Play Charity - Emile Helmet and more!
    By Trooper0621 in forum Off-Topic Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2012, 10:08 AM
  3. Helmet Display Stands - Child's Play Charity - 2011
    By Sean Bradley in forum Halo Costumes and Armor
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 18, 2011, 10:18 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 12, 2011, 9:05 AM
  5. Childs Play Charity
    By Trooper0621 in forum Conventions and Prop Parties
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sep 18, 2009, 10:40 PM