Requesting help on Halo Reach chest under armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow 2r5

Jr Member
First off, I am aware that WIPs without pictres are not allowed, but I will have pics once I start the build, and I will show progress on the under armor. I am also aware that "Help" threads are frowned upon, and I wouldn't be suprised if this thread was locked almost instantly.

Okay, I will be scratch building my Halo chest piece, and I'm dividing it into two parts: The under armor, and the protective plating. I think the best method for the under armor is EVA foam, but I don't want to have to search everywhere for Plastidip. Would simple Craft Foam (i think they're also called foamies) suffice?

Also, does anyone have good reference pics and/or models/pep files of the Under Armor by itself?

Craft foam, foamies, EVA foam mats, essentially they're all the same, just different thicknesses and used for different things determine the name.

You don't HAVE to use foam for the under armor part. I myself used vinyl fabric that had a matte rubber look to it.

I haven't seen any official undersuit/armor stuff floating around. Most people just make up the design as they go along.

You can check out my thread for undersuit ideas.
Mind you, I'll be heavily remaking my undersuit...

you'd have to be pretty un-mobile with craft foam, it'll either have to look really loose (because it will be loose) or have a great probability to rip

Alright, I'll think about what material I'll use, probably a base of some cloth, with foamies details. I'm sketching what I think the front looks like based on reference pictures, but I can't find any of the back. Anyone care to donate some screencaps of the back of the chestpiece? Preferrably of the default armor with no no armor lock or jetpack.

Here's a sketch of what I think the front looks like:

I also found a 36x50 inch roll of craft foam that I can use.

I plan to cut up an old black t-shirt so that it looks like a muscle shirt and then glue the foam onto it. For the collar I'll use the neck of a knitted turtleneck sweater, since it has those vertical lines.

Using some pictures of assassinations, here's what I think the whole chest underarmor looks like:

What do you guys think?

Sorry it's upside down.

Well now we know almost exactly what the undersuit looks like, lets find out how to build it. I was just thinkin of using thin foam, and having it already attached to the armor. Then all the pieces would just clip together with some of those side opening buckles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back