Coming soon to a printer near you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

Coming soon to a printer near you...

One of the most requested items in the Pepakura request thread...

<insert theme music here>

Briareos Hecatonchires Pepakura Helmet

exmachinayo1.jpg
I still have a lot of work to do, but it's coming along.
UPDATE:

Helmet modeling finished!

Download it here! It needs to be unfolded and possibly more supports are needed. I may also change the cutouts on the lower jaw to be more accurate to the movie. I still need to smooth some parts of it, but for those of you who can't wait to get it going... Here it is!

I also left out the hinges for the ears. They should be able to have a free range of motion, but I figure I should leave that to the individual. The helmet file has enough parts in it already, no need to add more to it if most people aren't going to use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
yo pony, Its on netflix :p

I have a model of that, cept its in so many different SEPARATE objects its un pepable. Cant wait!!!

oh wow.. i was making plans for a Briareos for dragon con next year and had been looking for the helmet and here it is. Can't wait.

ok i am like a kid at christmas.. i have come to this thread 3 times today hoping to find the pdo up.. i just can't wait..

@ ACDCrockr209, Appleseed is a lovely story about a little girl and her pet bunny....ok, that's not right....perhaps you should watch it.

Haha! "DAT'S AN ANGRY BUNNY!"...

I'm a Netflix junkie, and I've scanned over Appleseed several times....just may click on it now. Great model by the way! I hope to get this good at modeling in the near future. Practice, practice, practice....

is it Christmas yet????? i can't wait to open this puppy up.. come on can we open presents early?!?!?!

That thing looks awesome. I cant wait to look at the pep file. Appleseed is defensively worth watching to those of you who have not seen it.

I finally got some free time and tried to work on it some more, but my mind isn't in the right place for pushing vertices around at the moment. I will try to get at least the helmet finished before I have to start making product for the renaissance festival. I did manage to remove the seams on the top of the helmet. Having the seams there makes for a more attractive pep file, but would just be too much work to assemble when you can just scribe the seam lines into body filler. I still need to fill in the gaps between the lenses and face, but it is almost done. I hate to introduce something and then not be able to finish it in a timely manner, but I will do my best to get it done soon.

Thanks for the update dung.... I really love the Appelseed story and ill love to make this.

DB your amazing!! You sir, are by far, on of the best modelers I've seen on here. Your work has always been top notch and I cant wait to pep this file! Briareos is one of the most wanted peps to add to my collection. Cant wait!

thanks you for the update.. i am sooo excited.. with what my wife and i want to do for dragon con next year i am waiting with anticipation. don't have anything i am working on right now and it is driving me crazy.. awesome work and can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back