Scaling In Pepakura (Isolating 1 of 3 points of the XYZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munzlat Studios

I got one question for the 405th about scaling in Pepakura. I am trying to Re-Scale a forearm piece that is just, by standard size, to small. I increased the side and now the width of it is perfect for me. The only problem I face is that the piece is still not long enough to cover my whole forearm nearly at all. How can I go about only increasing the height of the file instead of increasing(scaling) it to all proportions? Any comments that aren't rude are highly appreciated!

First of all, it would have been better to ask this question in the appropriate "Help!" threads stickied at the top of the forum, specifically the "Help! for Pepakura/Papercraft" thread. It is frowned upon to start new threads just for one basic question.

To answer your question, you cannot change multiple dimensions of a Pep model. This is to maintain the proportions of the piece; otherwise there'd be some really weird shaped Halo armor models and it wouldn't look right. Simply scale the piece to be correct for whatever dominant axis you are choosing (for forearm pieces, this is usually the longest one). The rest of the piece will look correct, even if it may not fit you well at first. It will be necessary to install padding when you are finished so that the armor piece will be wearable. Hope this helps.

In short, you cant.

That program is made to keep everything proportional. If you change one it changes all of them. In this case id say make the high the proper size. You can always pad out that extra width.

I would also like to add that it's better to scale to the largest dimension of the piece, i.e. the length of your Forearm gauntlet. Obviously, it will be bigger than your arm, but that can be assessed with padding/undersuit structure.

EDIT: Curses, Agent Arizona! You beat me by like 15 seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back