Styrene Vac form! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frag out

Hello,
I just recently bought a Richies armor kit and I am a first time N00b with puting it all together. I have no instruction booklet and dont even where to begin! Its all in pieces such as chest is seperate from the back. The thigh pieces are in 3 sections. The inner, the front and the back. Its all very confusing and any help would be very much appreciated!

nylon straps and buckles. Its not that hard , just you your brain. Problem solving is a very key skill to have in prop building.

Well, i know that but i talking about how do you make the armor seamless and whole without it looking "choppy". My dad makes star wars armor so i know how to problem solve. I just need advice on how to start it.

one more question. what piece should i start with because on certain starwars costumes you must start out with the abb piece.

If you're putting together a styrene vac formed kit, I would start by researching construction methods on clonetroopers.net. Not only will you be able to find instructions on gluing armour together (likely using either ABS or CA glue), but also how to make it seamless using the shim method and bondo. It doesn't matter at all what piece you start building first. Sorry to say but you aren't likely to find a step by step guide. You'll just have to familiarize yourself with vac formed armour construction methods and apply the concepts to your build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back