Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The visor (assuming that's the visor) looks ODST, the chin looks more Venator-ish, and the cheeks look like they came off the Soldier helmet.

H4_ODST_Armor.png
Ladies and Gents, I introduce the Halo 4 ODST Armour

Aye.

Honestly, though, I'm fairly disappointed in the Infinity Armor pack. The Ricochet armor has the same feel as the other Halo 4 pieces, the same level of excrutiating detail and the look and feel of it being metal armor. The Mark V, Prefect, and ODST armors, like I said before, all look too shiny, smooth, and plastic-y. I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm using an older TV and it just can't depict the finer details.

Aye.

Not actually all that fond of the new armour.

Ricochet will probably be MC's new armour for the SportsTVBoxOneEighty. For someone who doesn't live in the US, the idea of what is essentially Gridiron themed armour seems like one of the stupidest things ever added to Halo.

Mark V, I don't have too much of a problem with - but it looks like a 90% rehash of the CEA version.

Prefect actually looks kind of cool, except for the boots - which look about as ridiculous and sharp as the FOTUS horn. I have heard some people disliking the back/neck area, but haven't seen any shots of that yet to decide.

ODST. Where to start...?
Helmet shape is too smooth, chin is terrible, visor doesn't have enough of a distinctive indent, chestplate looks too flat, shoulders are smaller and not comprised of the two overlapping plates, and look more like a hybrid of the Reach Mk. V, and the FUD shoulders, backpack doesn't suit the S-IV design style, boots look the same as the Recruit ones and not reminiscent of past ODST boots, lower strap connecting front and back of chest doesn't look like it curves downwards enough, gauntlet doesn't have the ridged extrusion on the top side...

And all the helmets probably have those weird circle/bottlecap extrusions on the back of them.

/design rant

Yes, they do all have that "bottle cap" on the back. And the ODST armor does look a lot like they were trying to make an ODST, not a Spartan with ODST-suitable armor, and failed on both accounts. My biggest gripe wit the Prefect and Mark V armor is the back. The Prefect has ridiculously tall shoulders extending almost to the top of the head, but leaves the mid and lower back completely exposed. And the Mark V...I have no idea what that handle is for or why it was put there, but it looks stupid.

Edit: My mistake, the Prefect and Mark V don't have the circle on the back.

Just thought'd I'd tease a little something for now. Be assured that the release will come soon, and that big thanks are in order for the Adjutant team who managed to acquire these, known as Rosanna and Elijah, as well as Gravemind.

MkVTorso_zps1f2052d1.png

Currently patching up a few conflicting areas on the model, and making it pep-ready in the process. What you see here is actually four parts, minus the little ammo bags, of which there are plenty.

CurrentProject_zps77e8fee1.png

As you can see, we've been able to acquire BOTH male and female variants of the MJOLNIR Mk V armor system, as well as its helmet and those of ODST and Prefect armors. I have only the armors that were recently released in the Infinity Armor Pack, and am diligently working to rid them of terrible geometry and the like. For now, however, I'm focusing the most on the Mk V, because nostalgia is a powerful thing.

EDIT-

I may be looking for some unfolders to work with on this release, so if anyone would like to come up and take a crack at these, let me know.

Current Items Slated for Meta-Release:
[COMPLETED]
-Mk V Torso
-ODST Helmet
-Prefect Helmet

[IN-PROGRESS]
-Mk V Helmet
-Mk V Female Torso
-Mk V Female Forearms
-Mk V Female Legs
-Mk V Female Shoulders
-Mk V Male Forearms
-Mk V Male Legs
-Mk V Male Shoulders

[BACKLOG]
-Ricochet Helmet
-ODST Male Armor Set
-ODST Female Armor Set
-Prefect Male Armor Set
-Prefect Female Armor Set
-Ricochet Male Armor Set
-Ricochet Female Armor Set

UPDATE-

I'm compiling a text document of everyone who has worked on this, and who will, and includes everyone who has been a great help (even detriment, because criticism enables growth if managed correctly). For now, all we have access to are the armors from the Infinity Armor Pack, and the Adjutant team is currently working on acquiring the rest of the armors and plan to release possibly a full collection and the improved Adjutant tool.

Anywho, here's how things'll look for now when you open up one of the future pep files:

Halo 4 Infinity Armor Pepakura Package:
Mk V
ODST
Prefect
Ricochet

Modeled by: Certain Affinity
Smoothed and Unfolded by:

MASSIVELY COLOSSAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO
MADE THIS HAPPEN!

Adjutant Team:
-ElijahB1
-Rosanna Weyland
-Gravemind

405th Team: (Editors, Smoothers, Unfolders)
-OashKoash/Koshima07
-
-
-

-Adjutant Team: You guys are awesome, thank you
for all of the blood, sweat and tears!
-All of the boys and girls, ladies and gents,
snobs and slobs, vanguards and valkyries on the
Halomaps Forums!
-All of the technical experts on both Halomaps
and Facepunch Forums, you know who you are!
-343i for all of their time and hard work for
enabling Halo cosplay to grow even greater!
-Everyone on the 405th for your continued
support!

I'll keep you guys updated, Oash out.

Ohyoubeatmetoit...

I'll start on the Prefect ones. I can work on the helmet, if you want to focus on the Mk V. for now.
I've got the files already. Probably slate Ricochet for last?

Mmm... hours of mesh welding, here we come.

This package includes some nice weapons skins as well hope to see the pep files
out soon Koshima and MS7. Thanks in advance that mesh welding can be a pain.

arshark.jpg
not mesh welded, unfolded, just for show as i dont have the time these next couple months

Hey guys, I desperately need these Pep files:

-Engineer chest front and back
-Engineer shoulder
-Air Assault shoulder
-Fotus arms and legs

Any help is appreciated
Thank you all for your time.

Awesome! Full set of Prefect armor! Very impressive! Will there eventually be high detail Halo 4 Prefect armor? Maybe with floating faces?

On another note when will the Mark V be released?

A question to the female members:

What level of interest is there in having the female variants of the these armour sets?

This will probably only get done if there is "build level" interest (i.e. - you'll actually build it) from several members.

Awesome! Full set of Prefect armor! Very impressive! Will there eventually be high detail Halo 4 Prefect armor? Maybe with floating faces?

On another note when will the Mark V be released?
I'm not sure how much more HD you could make Prefect. It's one of the most flat and angular designs as it is - where would you even put the detail?

I'd anticipate the Mk. V within the week - but we'll see how that goes. That's more dependant on koshima07.

I don't know about interest in the female variants (not being female myself, you see), but I'll definitely put in a bid of interest for the Mark V, specifically the forearms/handplate and shoulders, as they're part of my current Halo 4 in-game configuration and I'm liking how they fit with the majority of configurations I tend to use (I change armor just about every time I play to be honest, which makes deciding on a potential build and paint job an unenviable task. lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back