Halo 4 Pepakura (Files within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know how to open a jms or emf file. Thanks.
JMS can't be back-exported. It's kind of a midway format to get models into Custom Edition. You'd have to take it through .gbxmodel first, then import it into 3ds max with a script.
Likewise with EMF, you'll need a script to import that into 3ds max. Adjutant has the script coded into it - just export. Otherwise, it should also export as .obj.

I was talking about only the Chief's armor. Half the H4 builds I see here are that one, and the pep files are woefully inaccurate. And it's not even a full remodeling, mostly it's just adjusting proportions and shapes of the existing pep model. Even the high-res "definitive" armor made by a member here is full of little inaccuracies... And there's been an obvious way to fix it, available for months, which is why I don't understand the situation.

I am fully aware that most of the armor sets have a lot of unique elements (although there is a set of leg and lower arm pieces that are re-used for about half of them). It's obviously a much different task to re-model everything, I know that :)

Thank you MS7 and Arcanine. I will send you a file when I get home on Monday so that you can check it out for me. I can export as an obj file but when I import it to blender it gets all caddy wonkas on me or the kilabyte size is to small. But when I export it as emf or jsm it auto names the file to what I picked to extract and the kb's are 500 and bigger which gets my hopes up , but I can't open it to see if the mesh, verts, face etc are where they need to be. I am picking through the storm master chief mp.mode file, individually if I batch extract it is to big and everything is jumbled up. I have up loaded to mediafire a folder of usable models that are in obj and 30kilabytes and bigger if you want the link I will pm it to you.

I am picking through the storm_master_chief_mp.mode file, individually if I batch extract it is to big and everything is jumbled up.
There's your problem.
We've known that file isn't currently extractable for quite a while, and have said this previously - on multiple occasions.
From what I'm aware, it is being investigated. But be patient.

When it is fixed, I think everyone will know.

@Dylan
Progress is being made. ODST is nearing unfold completion, and after that, it will be given full priority.

How is the Halo 4 Mark V going?

MS7 sent me the Mark V files to unfold, and so far I have the ammo belt, cod, forearm/handplate, and boot unfolded and the Helmet is in progress. The shoulder, shin/knee, thigh, and torso will follow (most likely in that order) although it may be another day or two before those are done (particularly the torso, being the largest and most complex piece). The finished files are on my desktop, though, and I'm on my laptop at the moment. I'll try to post them up in my 4shared (linked in signature) later tonight if I can. If so, I'll make a post here to let people know when they're up.

MS7 sent me the Mark V files to unfold, and so far I have the ammo belt, cod, forearm/handplate, and boot unfolded and the Helmet is in progress. The shoulder, shin/knee, thigh, and torso will follow (most likely in that order) although it may be another day or two before those are done (particularly the torso, being the largest and most complex piece). The finished files are on my desktop, though, and I'm on my laptop at the moment. I'll try to post them up in my 4shared (linked in signature) later tonight if I can. If so, I'll make a post here to let people know when they're up.

Woo hoo! I'll be watching and waiting :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to work on these, I appreciate it very much!

Belt, cod, forearm, and boot have been uploaded (prefixxed by "H4 Mark V") Unfortunately going to have to call it an early night tonight and the weekend's looking pretty packed with setting up at a local flea market/tag sale Saturday and Sunday, and being that we won't have a power source out there I won't even be able to slide the files onto my external drive and work on them while I'm there, so for me work on the remaining parts will have to wait until Monday, unfortunately, but MS7 still has the original files and quite likely other unfolders available who might pick up where I left off in the mean time. And for those hoping for foam files, unfortunately I'm not the guy for that, not yet any way. I don't have any experience working with foam, so it's certainly fair to say I don't have enough experience to know what's the most effective/efficient method or which parts should be left out (as they would be too complex or simply redundant to include). But we do have several, far more experienced foam unfolders in this community who probably have been chomping at the bit waiting for these files to come out.

No problem Dylan. And thanks. I try to unfolds as sensible and coneniently cut as possible, but sometimes I wonder how well I've done that, so feedback is always appreciated.

Crimmson said:
Sir I will take you up on that offer. Can I get a left side view of the pioneer helmet, 360 view of the soldier chest please.
I tried to get as clear of shots as I could, with a few focusing on the details. I've put them in my fileshare on Waypoint, but there's a few more additional shots in my Recent Screenshots. Snapped a few detail shots of the emblem printed on the top of the helmet as well. If you can store those shots somewhere so I can free up my fileshare again, that would be great. lol. And if you need any more armor pieces or more detailed shots, let me know.

Edit: Didn't end up having to go yesterday, and got home today earlier than I thought. Burnt out, and burnt up (today's tip: never facepalm when you have a sunburned forehead), but I did manage to crank out the Mark V helmet and shin/knee (not sure if it's the left side or the right, but it is definitely asymetrical). Both files are now up in my 4shared, linked below in the signature. Still to come: shoulder, thigh, and torso.

Nice job unfolding the helmet and shin/knee. I was trying to unfold the helmet but your unfold looks a lot better and has less pieces. I am going to get started building the helmet using your file later today. You make your unfolds do easy to put together!

PS- The torso is going to be a little difficult to unfold.

No problem Dylan. And thanks. I try to unfolds as sensible and coneniently cut as possible, but sometimes I wonder how well I've done that, so feedback is always appreciated.

I tried to get as clear of shots as I could, with a few focusing on the details. I've put them in my fileshare on Waypoint, but there's a few more additional shots in my Recent Screenshots. Snapped a few detail shots of the emblem printed on the top of the helmet as well. If you can store those shots somewhere so I can free up my fileshare again, that would be great. lol. And if you need any more armor pieces or more detailed shots, let me know.

Edit: Didn't end up having to go yesterday, and got home today earlier than I thought. Burnt out, and burnt up (today's tip: never facepalm when you have a sunburned forehead), but I did manage to crank out the Mark V helmet and shin/knee (not sure if it's the left side or the right, but it is definitely asymetrical). Both files are now up in my 4shared, linked below in the signature. Still to come: shoulder, thigh, and torso.

Thank you Zaff for the uploads.

Thank you for the Mk.V files! Zaff, your unfolding skills are nice, clean and simple(although not your doing, I'm sad that the visor on the helm isn't really attached to the main part of the helmet)! Thanks! I might make it my next build.

I've been noticing that trend with a lot of the ripped files. MS7 sent me the whole set of Reach helmet rips, and the visor isn't attached for any of them. For structural support, that's a pain, but as far as getting the pepped visor out of the way to make room for the real thing, that does make it a little easier and leaves a much more uniform and smooth edge than cutting it out freehand (at least with me and my fairly unsteady hands).

And yea, the torso is going to be a bit of a beast, which is the main reason I'm saving it for last, otherwise it would hold up the progress on all the other pieces. Hopefully I can get one or two of those out by the end of the day.

Thank you all for the feedback on my unfolding style. I'm very glad that it's been so well received.

Edit: Got the shoulder and thigh up. All that's left is the torso. And seeing as all the other pieces have been for the left side, I'm going to go ahead and assume the shin/knee is also for the left, so for everything but the helmet and torso, you'll have to hit the mirror/invert option to get the right side.

Well, I've got the torso cut up the way I think will work best, but my eyes are starting to bug out a bit, so I'll have to save sorting the pieces onto the pages for later. Then again, after adjusting the scale for their own size anyone making this will have to sort the pieces anyway, so perhaps I should upload it "as is" for now and then replace the file with the sorted one later. What do you all think?

Currently set to 414mm high, 370mm wide, and 377mm deep. I'll still finish sorting the pieces onto pages, just don't have the energy for it tonight. It's uploaded as a work in progress (WIP) for now. Hopefully I can get it all sorted tomorrow.

How are the ODST unfolds coming, MS7? Need any help with those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back