Anyone wanna trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic13ious

Hey guys, I've been on the 405th for a little while lurking and doing a little posting. Any who, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to trade a full set of phase II clone trooper armor for an ODST costume. Only reason I ask this is because I am tryin to get rid of it so I can start making halo stuff. I have it for sale over on the 501st clonetroopers site, but so far no dice. I'd link the for sale thread over there but I'm pretty sure you have to be registered to view that section. I dunno if I'm allowed to ask this, if I'm not mods please delete and I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Here's some pics

2011-09-01_19-42-25_163.jpg

clonetrooperme.jpg

Also, This thing is not going to be wearable straight out of the box. You'll need to refit the shins and the thighs and probably adjust some of the other parts of the suit to fit you. Both the helmet and the armor are OSCS "one stop clone shop". If I don't sell the blaster I'll throw that in there too. We can work out the details if anyone wants to, if not thats cool too just thought I'd ask. I don't see myself having enough money/time to make my own odst before halloween. Thanks for lookin guys!

I don't suppose you could fix up your armor as a backup incase there isn't anyone looking to trade their armor and you don't get that option before Halloween?

Just an idea, without meaning to offend.

Buying, selling, and trading of anything goes into the classifieds. You can get into it once you become an infantryman. In the mean time when a mod sees this it will be locked instantly.

Well I mean I thought about it, but its too hot to like wear around since its like all plastic. Not to mention I don't even really want it anymore. Plus it takes up a lot of space in my apartment. I guess all in all clone trooping isn't for me.

and mitch, thanks for the info. Oh well cest la vie

With all due respect, an ODST will be about the same or any mostly armored costume will be about the same. Ask some of the others who've been sporting Halo suits around the site and you'll see they'll say the same. With that in mind, if you don't want your suit, I'd try to see if anyone on the RPF wants it.

Well I realize that mostly armored suits (Spartans, ODST) are similar in heat to a clone trooper but, I mean, this thing has almost no soft pieces and the range of movement is extremely low. At least with odst I can wear some BDU pants and one of my BDU tactical shirts I use for airsoft. But I'll check it out, thanks for the info.

Just incase you read my posts the wrong way, I promise I'm trying to be friendly and not put your trade down, plus as the other gentleman said, you need infantryman rank to be able to post in the classifieds. Get to know the site and see if you can find someone at the RPF or here that would be willing to help you out.

No offense taken at all. I'm glad you guys are pointing me in the right direction. Appreciate the help, plus I'm not tryin to piss anyone off cause I posted in the wrong section or anything. So, sorry to the mods in advance and thanks for the help guys.

just a thought, with halloween being so close have you considered maybe selling it to someone in your neighborhood? then use the cash to buy some foam. really quick,cheap and easy to work with.

Considered it, I'd just prefer someone who is actually going to appreciate costuming and all the work that goes into it. I want to do a foam build, but right now, with grad school, volunteering and everything else I have going on it probably won't happen. When i get the chance, I'm going foam.

Well, I'm 5'7 and I weight about 178lbs. The only thing is I didn't trim it all the way and its big on me. I would imagine that someone up to prolly 6ft would be able to fit in it. Maybe? I mean, the thing is big on me and I could barely walk in it. I was going to keep working on it before but school got in the way and then I had a bunch of other stuff going on and it just kinda fell by the wayside.

Selling and trading does have to go in the Classifieds I'm afraid...

Just stick around the site awhile, you'll get to Infantryman soon enough and then you can post a new thread for this.

In the meantime this one gets the lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back