All-In-One New Member Introduction Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the info. i had no idea where to start, but suggestion, i know it will state what you will need to build your armor once it reaches that specific step but it would be nice to see a list of everything you will need in once place. for me this would help on have a base to go on for money that will be needed to start my build and i think it would also assist other noobs like me out.

I just started pepping and this intro manual will serve well, printed it out as well as some scaling pictures. I've only been to a few cons but have only seen one Master Chief and have been wanting to learn to make armor ever since

Thanks for posting this! I'll definitely be giving it a more thorough read-through later but I'm still a bit confused about the significance of pepakura to armour building. Maybe it's because I'm used to creating patterns from scratch with newspaper? I'm just not sure how exactly to word my confusion other than is it mostly used for the purpose of creating templates or is there more to it that I'm missing? What I gather from the article so far is that it's used to create armour too but it hardly seems like a sturdy material in the longterm unless it's mached too. Could someone shed a bit more light on this or am I just lost?

Thanks for posting this! I'll definitely be giving it a more thorough read-through later but I'm still a bit confused about the significance of pepakura to armour building. Maybe it's because I'm used to creating patterns from scratch with newspaper? I'm just not sure how exactly to word my confusion other than is it mostly used for the purpose of creating templates or is there more to it that I'm missing? What I gather from the article so far is that it's used to create armour too but it hardly seems like a sturdy material in the longterm unless it's mached too. Could someone shed a bit more light on this or am I just lost?

Generally speaking, Pepakura is used more as a basis for other projects. There are plenty of tutorials and guides on the forums that will help explain how to create a set of armour from Pepakura - there are foam and fibreglass tutorials, which a quick search will help you find.

Generally speaking, Pepakura is used more as a basis for other projects. There are plenty of tutorials and guides on the forums that will help explain how to create a set of armour from Pepakura - there are foam and fibreglass tutorials, which a quick search will help you find.

Thanks for explaining! So it's more or less a starting point and then just building up from there? I'm not too certain I'll be relying on pepakura very much as I'm the type who likes to try and break things down myself (I'm ambitious don't judge me XD) but it is a good resource to have. Especially when I go to start on my assault rifle project. This whole process will be interesting as I've only ever really had the pleasure of working with fabrics and foam board. My last cardboard project was... interesting XD I don't want to work with cardboard for a long while to say the least. I'm very tired and annoyed with it even though it was one of my more enjoyable projects for college.

Wow, this is an excellent source for information. I wish I would have found it before starting mine. Nice work, this should be stickied instead of buried 4 pages deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back