All-In-One New Member Introduction Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely fantastic guide. It's clear those involved spent a lot of time to put this together. I am speaking for myself, and most likely other noobs out there - that this is really giving me the how-to to feel like I can actually accomplish a suit. Thanks!!

Another mod must have just done it. I agree, though, it is a great guide.
Not just a great guide, but also a great place that links you to a bunch of other great guides! Currently just finished my first pep so I'm about to start glassing, this couldn't have been more helpful :]

hello, new to the 405th, so am not sure how it all works yet. i wondering does anyone sell or commission costumes, wanted to buy an ODST Armour set, tried making one before but could never fully evolve the helmet into the ODST shape. thanks for any information or at least pointing me in the right directions to answer my query.

hello, new to the 405th, so am not sure how it all works yet. i wondering does anyone sell or commission costumes, wanted to buy an ODST Armour set, tried making one before but could never fully evolve the helmet into the ODST shape. thanks for any information or at least pointing me in the right directions to answer my query.

SOME people may work on commission pieces, but it's very rare. We strongly encourage all of our members to work on their own sets of armour and develop the skills they'll need to do so through hard work and practise rather than 'take the easy way out' by having somebody else do the work for them.

That aside: some members do sell armour pieces. You're currently not at the stage where you'd be able to view the areas of the forum that deal with buying and selling things, so my suggestion to you would be this:

Spend some time on the forums. Research the processes of armour creation, and have another go. Have several goes, and post your efforts for people to critique and evaluate. Costuming is a learning process and a very enjoyable past-time that can be extremely rewarding if you put the time and dedication into it. Above all: have fun doing it.

Good luck, Trooper.

thank you for taking the time to compile all this info for people like myself who have just started out and don't know ass from elbow :)

Let me take my first post here to say thank you for this guide. An amazing amount of TLC went into it obviously and I look forward to reading every word, TWICE!

Exactly what a Noob like me needs...... I knew nothing of Pepakura. Seems to be a popular method, thus the reason I found my way to the 405th.

Still an excellent read. Thank you for the time you spent on it.

I haven't had a chance to read through the entire thing yet BUT so far it is great! Thanks so much for taking the time to put all of this together!

Did a good job on the form sheet, it will help me and other to read if need to looking up on info of what we need to get started on a projects. I've all ready done two body armors and few helmets. I'm hopping this fall I will start making a spartan body armor before next fall. good luck every and godspeed.

I know it's been a while since this thread was commented on, but good deeds should never go unpunished. Thank you so much for putting this together! It's guides like this, that are simple, concise, and point to more detailed information, that make getting into a new hobby so much easier. The work you guys do in this guide, and across the site, is the main factor that sucked me into this wonderful new community. Much gratitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back