ODST Foam armor! Getting ready for Halloween (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimFam

So I figured that i should work on something to get ready for halloween. I gave my friend my reach mark V armor so he is gonna be wearing that. by the way it turned out pretty good. dont have pics of that because my friend is still doing so "fine detailing" haha he wont let me take pictures till hes done. Well i hope everyone is ready for a bunch of pics!

ENJOY!
IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

My favorite poster!
IMG_0614.jpg

this is my friends and I source of power! Mnt Dew and Squirt
IMG_0615.jpg

My custom DMR.
IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

Oh and thank you Hugh Holder for the awesome files. :)

I love it so far! Foam is the new thing :) I'm so impressed with your helmet. Is it all foam like it looks? I may steal a few of your ideas for my build. Keep up the great work!

wow...that is awesome!....i might go to foam for the rest of my build, seems like you can bang that stuff out pretty quick...good work!!

Holy your suit looks great. Did you make your helmet from foam?

thank you very much :) Yeah i made it out of that craft foam you can get and Micheal's. I'm not sure how im going to harden it right now, but i've been thinking of using rondo.

d ^v^ b Woot for ODST!!! Nice build, are the colors blue and Orange there for a reason or.....?

Thank you :) No not really they're just the colors i happened to grab out of the stack of foam. :)

I love it so far! Foam is the new thing I'm so impressed with your helmet. Is it all foam like it looks? I may steal a few of your ideas for my build. Keep up the great work!
thanks and i really like how your foam dare odst is coming along too :) and Yeah its all foam haha still dont know how to harden the helmet though.

Thanks everyone for the support! :) i plan on working on the shins today once i go get some more foam. Pics will be up soon i hope :)

What file did you use for the helmet? I was planning to make my helmet at of foam as well but haven't decided on what file to use and what would be the best method of putting it together yet.

Really good work so far!

What file did you use for the helmet? I was planning to make my helmet at of foam as well but haven't decided on what file to use and what would be the best method of putting it together yet.

Really good work so far!
I used the ODST_rookie_helmet_Smooth I dont know who its by? i just found it while searching the web. :/ I also didnt use the think floor foam mats. i used the craft foam and you just put it together the same way you would with the bigger foam. just hot glue the edges together and thanks :)

also thank you J326

Dude, i love your armor. I just started on mine and was wondering if in your experience the foam was easier to work with.

Um well foam has its tricky parts, but once you learn how the foam works, its not that bad. As for it being easier compared to fiber glassing i'd say there just about the same working wise. I just like the foam because its super cheap and you dont have to work with chemicals and get a whole area set up just to work. Plus its lighter then fiber glass.
this i gues has just become very long winded haha.
So just to sum it up, its easy to work with. it not that hard.

So i have an update! started a really fun weapon today and im almost done :) i hope you like it!
Oh and also my ODST helm is all rondo'd up
IMG_03521.jpg

IMG_03541.jpg

IMG_03551.jpg

IMG_03511.jpg

So i guess thats it for now :) hope to get more done tomorrow

Um well foam has its tricky parts, but once you learn how the foam works, its not that bad. As for it being easier compared to fiber glassing i'd say there just about the same working wise. I just like the foam because its super cheap and you dont have to work with chemicals and get a whole area set up just to work. Plus its lighter then fiber glass.
this i gues has just become very long winded haha.
So just to sum it up, its easy to work with. it not that hard.

Thanks dude! I will think about it for my next costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back