First ever armor build: ODST(WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powercheif

Hello everyone. Last week, I decided to start on some armor making myself and thought that I should start with a WETA ODST helmet. So far I have the helmet and a few pieces of the armor pepped. I recently started to resin them as well, but I only added about 10 drops of hardener, so it'll probably take a little while until it cures. I'm hoping to get the armor done by the Halo Anniversary game since my local Gamestop wants me to come in it. I want to post some pictures of my work but I don't really know how. If anyone can help me out there I'll post what I have going so far. Thanks!

There is a sticky that shows all the stuff you need to know. But upload the pictures to a file hosting page such as photobucket and then on this forum hit the picture button and insert the link from the picture you uploaded. WIP threads are required to have pictures just so you know.

Always great to see another ODST getting under way!

Welcome to the core trooper! Just as sithinstructor said you want to use a site like photobucket to post your pics. Also feel free to hit up the ODST lobby thread, There's pretty much every ODST build to be found in that thread. Otherwise feel free to ask any questions you need.

Good luck trooper, see you dirt side

Always nice to see ODST builds. Good luck with your build and feel free to ask any questions. Given that there are so many 405th'ers, one of us here should be able to help you out.

alright Thanks for helping me out with the whole picture problem! Here is what I have done so far (lots of pictures here.)
DSCN3837.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN3836.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN3835.jpg
[/IMG] And now the pieces of armor i have Resined and still waiting for to cure.
DSCN3843.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN3844.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN3845.jpg
[/IMG] I learned a good lesson about plastic cups DON'T RE-USE THEM!!!

This is lookin' really good, but it looks a bit lopsided (My personal OCD about these things). But i do respect you for going through the process of peping it all.

thanks a lot. I noticed that too once I looked at it, but I wouldn't really know how to change that unless I have to start all over from scratch which will suck! The only thing I really don't like is how long its taking. I know it said that I have to put in 25-30 drops of hardener to the resin but I only put in 10 drops. how long should it be taking or should i go ahead and put another coating on top of it now?

EDIT: This build is the WETA ODST does anyone know what the WETA stands for?

Lopsided, you can lightly heat it and them move it around a bit to fix this. As for the other part....10 drop will probably take a few days to cure but you're in luck, Yes you can re-coat it and the two coats will fuse. I my self never measure the drops I just hit it with 2-3 squirts in my resin mixing it hot. With this method it takes about 8-10 min to be done and you just buy extra tubes of hardener when you go shopping. Side note on this method only mix small batches when doing this, so as not to wast any product. 8-10 min. is enuff time for me to do say 1 coat of resin on the whole outside of a helmet with time to spare. It's all in the set up/ pre-planing. Hope this helps.

Okay, sorry i havent been on in awhile (mainly because of school,) but I have just finished fiberglassing the helmet and resining another piece of the armor.
DSCN3859.jpg
DSCN3860.jpg
and this is my set overall.
DSCN3861.jpg
DSCN3863.jpg

Also, to fix this little known issue of the lopsidedness, I decided to jus make sure the visor i will make will fit in right.I should have more pics sometime next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back