First Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

XII TRU7H VI

Ok just about finished with my first helmet!
It really turned out pretty flawed... But looking at some more tutorials it looks like i may have done the bondo wrong. Lots of threads i have looked at said to just use resin and use bondo for detail or filler, I actually covered the WHOLE helmet... So there are a lot of pock marks from the bondo, which i did fill with spotting putty but there were just too many big ones.

Please reply with any tips/ fixes i can use for my next helmet!

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

Bondo is mostly used for places that need rounded out, so you were correct that you shoud not put bondo on the entire helmet.

But you seem to also have learned a lot from this helmet, so its not a completebust and still looks pretty good.

as for fixing it, I have no input but the helmet does not look "bad", its simply just a first time helmet that you have used to learn from that still looks good for a first helmet :)

For a first time build that looks very nice! But as you said, Bondo is only for small places. If you decide to work on another helmet you can try to resin it first. It might turn out much better than you will anticipate. If it helps, try sanding that helmet a little bit and have it more cornered and see how it turns out.

Id Just classify the "Poc" areas as battle damage and leave it at that lol ;). But for a first helmet this is really good, I certainley look forward to your next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back