Halo reach DMR out of wood progress thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjjmk

Jr Member
So i found this sliced dmr file for pepakura, so i just had to try this out. ill post pics, soon, and ill do a tut if its good enough. stick around or sub to see more

sorry its been so long. i finally have a dslr to use.

here is a photo from a while ago, just starting off with a couple cuts and the outlines.
309414_10150324963849724_572129723_8056652_1946469121_n-1.jpg

a little while ago, when i got the copper tube for the barrel:
299856_10150328797449724_572129723_8076465_1982314130_n-1.jpg

Took just a minute ago... paint on the mag isnt final, it just looks bad because when i put it in the gun, allot of the paint got scratched off and got ruined:
IMG_7267.jpg

IMG_7270.jpg

i found this while cleaning, no idea what its for, but itll be perfect for the cocking mech
IMG_7275.jpg

on a side note, this is the slot im going to use for my cortana chip
IMG_7277.jpg

please share your criticisms and suggestions, im open for change and improvement. thanks!

I like it~! Wood layering is my build method of choice. Suggest using reference photos from bungie rather than pep. A bit easier to see detail.

thanks. and im going to use ref pics, but im just using the sliced file to get the general build before i detail.

sorry for the double post, but i think i should give a slight update. i ordered 100 5mm leds from china, so itll be a while before i can put in the counter and safety lights. i will, however, be working on the outer detail parts and the barrel all i need is a good spring, ill show you why on the next update. more to come soon!

thanks guys. i havent gotten my leds yet, though i do have a question. what kind of bullet is 3 1/2" long? thats the space i have in my mag...

sorry for the late update, but... i have an update. my LEDs came in the mail, which means work will commence, however, ill need to find a decent battery slot that'll fit the stock, and some thinner wire. i will also print out a scaled dmr side shot for detail work this week, and (hopefully) get more paint. thanks guys!

hey guys sorry for my terrible update habits. i havent gotten much done, because i got a job at best buy to compensate for the price of my props and suit. currently, im trying to get an hd side view to make the gun more accurate, so if anyone has one, that'd be great. im also going to get a d7000 or wait for the d8000, because if youve seen my older photos, they look like crap. the better ones are from a dslr i borrowed from a friend. thanks everyone for checking out my stuff, ill try to get going soon.

Triple post, sorry. It's been a long time and I realized the fiberglass is dry, but it's still soft. So when I get home today hopefully I can get some resin and a million metric tonnes of hardener and apply the crap out of it. If this has happened to any of you and have some tips, feel free to share, it'll help allot. Thanks!

well, its been a long time since my last update, but im starting this back up. i still have finals to do, but the beginnings of semesters tend to be much easier. i also have a spare, meaning more time for prop making! and sorry people for all the double (and quad) posts, i just want to keep the thread updated.

on my list: im going to photoshop the side view of the dmr to make it easier to use, and im possibly making a new layering tecnique.

thanks guys. i havent gotten my leds yet, though i do have a question. what kind of bullet is 3 1/2" long? thats the space i have in my mag...

I know it's an old post but in case you haven't found anything yet .30-06 rounds are just shy of 3-1/2" and very feasible as a dmr round and was used by the classic Springfield 1903 sniper rifle in WWII.

temporary-23.jpg

Also great work on the DMR. I do a lot of wood working myself and thought of doing something similar. It should be fantastic when it's done. Is t heavy at all? That was my one concern when I was thinking of doing a slice build.

I know it's an old post but in case you haven't found anything yet .30-06 rounds are just shy of 3-1/2" and very feasible as a dmr round and was used by the classic Springfield 1903 sniper rifle in WWII.

Also great work on the DMR. I do a lot of wood working myself and thought of doing something similar. It should be fantastic when it's done. Is t heavy at all? That was my one concern when I was thinking of doing a slice build.

thanks man! and wow, that bullet is perfect! its the exact same size as the hole in the mag. and to answer your question, its a decent weight, not heavy, but when its done, itll be the weight of a real mp5. the mp5 is actually my reference point on this project because the scale is easy to follow. if you want it lighter, you can get a lighter wood, i reccomend 1/4" mahoggany plywood. its the perfect weight, strong, but a bit expensive. thanks for your intrest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back