Cooling system plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 213

Jr Member
Ok so I've heard a few things about cooling systems and i got a idea....
So you take a container and fill it with ice-this container should be able to fit on the inside of a chest piece or some add on you have- next you take a small tube and have it go up to your helmet and some how connect to where the visor and main piece connect. Here is a little bit tricky you take a small motor you may be able you pick up in some sort of hobby shop and hook it on to the helmet. some of these have a battery built in while others have a connector. For those with a connector it may be hard to connect for turning it on and of you could hook up a switch like with a light on the helmet or just have it on always(unless you detach the battery). I'll post some drawings later if u don't understand. as always any suggestions are helpful

i can understand what you are saying even with your horrible description of the idea.

water cooling would be rather easy to set up but you would need to be using connectors that will not release the fluid when you disconnect it,( the same as hydraulic connectors on earth-moving equipment. they can be very expensive.) to be able to remove armor pieces easily.

some sort of heat exchanger would be ideal too as iced water wont last very long especially if its in a container only just small enough to conceal inside your suit.

Also you will need to be using water bladders for the liquid to pool in to cool a large area of your body. not just using the pipes for it to be in any way efficient.

You are wasting time and effort in creating this cooling system. Unlike an astronaut, our armor is well-ventilated, except the helmet. We do not need to protect ourself from the environment, like an astronaut would.

To prevent breathing in stale air in the helmet, all you need is install a small computer fan to circulate the air. You may want to drill some holes to allow air in/out. As for the rest of the armor, just wear lose clothing. If you plan to wear your armor in a 110 desert, then you may want to spend time creating this cooling system. Otherwise, I suggest that you spend time detailing your armor.

I wear moto-cross chest/back protector as my undersuit. The foam "armour" is sewn into pockets on the front and back.

By carefully unstitching the areas that would be located under the costume's chest and back area and removing the foam, I created pockets that will hold frozen ice packs. It works great.

Ice_pack.jpg

thanks for the ideas i think ill try with just a fan at first then ill try some sort of mini cooler to put the ice in so it will not melt as fast as it would in a normal bag box etc. and thats a very good point about the connectors. thanks for the ideas on how to improve and your right I'm horrible at explaining ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back